100% Everything.....

NavyCruiser

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

Yes, they are.  Alaska cruises are 100% vaccinated.

Some tried to board rcl I guess today unvaccinated and had no idea alaska was supposed to be vaccinated and claims nor did their ta or rcl. Rcl day to grt beat up by the press.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/cruise-ship-passengers-say-they-were-barred-boarding-due-changing-covid-19-protocol/F2YWIVEOCFHHTH3ARX7JPML5GE/

8 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Now that the kiddos should all be back for the new school year, I'm thinking that the cruise lines should just simplify their cruising policies for us all:  100% Everything cruise...

With the scientific data showing that death rates for fully vaccinated people are almost Zero, cruise lines should just state for ALL cruises until the end of the year are only allowed for: 

1.  100% fully vaccinated cruisers

2.  100% fully vaccinated crew members

3.  All guests must sign a death/holdharmless waiver, thus no legal action against cruise line for any reason

4.  No masks required anywhere onboard ship

5.  No masks required at any destination ports.  If local ports balks, I'm fine with just cruising between Texas & Florida, and cruise lines' privately owned islands (ex:  half moon cay...)

So by simplifying these policies to allow fully vaccinated cruisers to CHOOSE to freely cruise & accepts the minimal risks to travel with other fully vaccinated guests, who also make the CHOICE to go cruising.  For those who don't like these policies, can CHOOSE the many other cruise lines.

Please, please, please do not reply with political, pro & anti vaccine arguments on this post.

I'm just offering a simple suggestion...

Thoughts...?

1, 2, and 3, ok.  Prefer masks especially when I see a day like today with record breaking 27k+ new cases in Tx, and most hospitals running out of ICU.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

1) is illegal since some adults can't be vaccinated.

I have to be honest, I am not up on all the rules and changes, but I have heard that vaccines are required to enter restaurants, museums, concerts.... and more at least in NY

I wonder who is breaking the law you speak of.

5 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I have to be honest, I am not up on all the rules and changes, but I have heard that vaccines are required to enter restaurants, museums, concerts.... and more at least in NY

The answer depends on the interpretation of reasonable and can cruise lines accommodate certain people and still protect all cruisers. Cruise lines end up exempt from some parts of ADA because to modify the ship would involve an unreasonable amount of money.

I think in your example, it is a vaccine or a recent covid test 

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Some tried to board rcl I guess today unvaccinated and had no idea alaska was supposed to be vaccinated and claims nor did their ta or rcl. Rcl day to grt beat up by the press.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/cruise-ship-passengers-say-they-were-barred-boarding-due-changing-covid-19-protocol/F2YWIVEOCFHHTH3ARX7JPML5GE/

Wow.  How in the heck could you possibly NOT know the requirements?  It says older folks/on a fixed income, so maybe just booked through a really incompetent TA and they don't do the internet at all?  I know not everyone is an obsessive travel planner like I am, but dang, I don't know how you could have missed that.  That TA needs to find a new line of work.

Bleah.  I know lots of people swear by TAs, but no way I would give up any of the control of doing my own planning.  I don't trust anyone to book or plan my trips but myself.  Besides, all the prep is half the fun for me.

Edited by DenaInWyo
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Now that the kiddos should all be back for the new school year, I'm thinking that the cruise lines should just simplify their cruising policies for us all:  100% Everything cruise...

With the scientific data showing that death rates for fully vaccinated people are almost Zero, cruise lines should just state for ALL cruises until the end of the year are only allowed for: 

2.  100% fully vaccinated crew members

3.  All guests must sign a death/holdharmless waiver, thus no legal action against cruise line for any reason

4.  No masks required anywhere onboard ship

5.  No masks required at any destination ports.  If local ports balks, I'm fine with just cruising between Texas & Florida, and cruise lines' privately owned islands (ex:  half moon cay...)

So by simplifying these policies to allow fully vaccinated cruisers to CHOOSE to freely cruise & accepts the minimal risks to travel with other fully vaccinated guests, who also make the CHOICE to go cruising.  For those who don't like these policies, can CHOOSE the many other cruise lines.

Please, please, please do not reply with political, pro & anti vaccine arguments on this post.

I'm just offering a simple suggestion...

Thoughts...?

I believe in Carnival current policies and feel they need to stay in that direction until Nov.  Then they can reset the bar if needed.  I sailed in July and will in Oct and glad they instituted the pre-test for all VAX.  Plus certain times a mask must be considered (indoors).

Look at the daily hit in Florida for new cases - over 20K for the past week plus.

Things will improve, in time and then I would agree to move on.

Or if they would go 100% VAX for 100% sure, tehn hmmmm, so you have a point, not being negative to your thoughts - I kind of like it, we just aren't there yet imo.

8 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Actually, vaccination status is not a protected class, and ADA does not apply. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

That's what they say, and maybe they are, but they have to follow the ADA. If it is reasonable to accommodate the few who can't be vaccinated for real medical reasons, they have to. Since some cabins are reserved for quarantine, I think they could reserve a few for ADA purposes.

ADA does not apply to vaccine status.  It covers physical and mental impairment, not medical. Unvaccinated people are not a protected class.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, firefly333 said:

They don’t have money for a hotel overnight?  How were they going to pay their cruise tab?  How anyone thinks they can stroll on a cruise ship without being vaccinated or at least finding out protocols nowadays is mind boggling. This is 100% on them. 

Edited by Jayfo
Grammar
  • Like 3

On 8/14/2021 at 12:42 PM, NavyCruiser said:

...With the scientific data showing that death rates for fully vaccinated people are almost Zero, cruise lines should just state for ALL cruises until the end of the year are only allowed for: 

Thoughts...?

On 8/14/2021 at 2:00 PM, BlerkOne said:

1) is illegal since some adults can't be vaccinated.

On 8/14/2021 at 2:34 PM, geaux_aces said:

Why has this myth persisted?  100% vaxed cruises are happening as we speak.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:01 PM, BlerkOne said:

Not from the US.

20 hours ago, timbom said:

Yes! Yes! Holland America a Carnival Company already requires this.  

20 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Yes from Seattle.

19 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

That's what they say, and maybe they are, but they have to follow the ADA. 

7 hours ago, Babr said:

Actually, vaccination status is not a protected class, and ADA does not apply. 

7 hours ago, Babr said:

ADA does not apply to vaccine status.  It covers physical and mental impairment, not medical. Unvaccinated people are not a protected class.

This is quite the ping pong match.  You guys should know by now Blerk never admits when wrong.  😁 🏴‍☠️

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

If a host country says, "Wear a mask," I'll respect that. Stay on the ship if the xenophobia is that bad.

The OP suggested….if they require a mask, the ship chooses to skip the stop.  Nice try attempting to make the OP feel less than you, but you failed.

Edited by bucfan2

11 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

The OP suggested….if they require a mask, the ship chooses to skip the stop.  Nice try attempting to make the OP feel less than you, but you failed.

The wording was “balks” at the idea suggesting that the country is not willing to cooperate. Any independent country can make its own policies to protect its people and resources. We should not expect them to compromise that for our convenience or pleasure nor should we be so arrogant as to think our tourist dollars are the only consideration in their decision.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

I'd never tell a host country what to do. I don't think you were ever overseas in the navy. Perhaps a blackshoe who never got off the ship? How rude for any American to expect "our way or the highway" of a country which allows us to visit. If a host country says, "Wear a mask," I'll respect that. Stay on the ship if the xenophobia is that bad.

If you can't respect the rules, stay in Murica and stop embarrassing the USA.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

There’s a market for an unlimited number of fake items, from coins to jewelry to sports jerseys to ………

I doubt you’ll change it, but at least you can find a way to help.  I would imagine they are accepting applications. 

Just now, bucfan2 said:

There’s a market for an unlimited number of fake items, from coins to jewelry to sports jerseys to ………

I doubt you’ll change it, but at least you can find a way to help.  I would imagine they are accepting applications. 

Conspiracies, etc. Go for it.

9 hours ago, Babr said:

It needs to be determined if the medical is a disability and if it can be accommodated.

2 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

It needs to be determined if the medical is a disability and if it can be accommodated.

Medical discrimination refers to employment as far as I can tell. For instance, if a person has cancer in remission, he can’t be fired just because it might come back or cause ongoing treatment.

On the other hand, ADA refers to physical or mental disabilities so profound that they impair daily life. Accommodations are things like wheel chair ramps.

They are different concepts. In any case, unvaccinated people are covered by neither.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like NCL has listened & has implemented my suggs:

From their NCL website:

SAIL SAFE

You want to cruise. We want to keep you safe. With Norwegian, our leading Health & Safety Program allows you and your loved ones to cruise with the ultimate freedom and confidence. All guests and crew are required to be 100% fully vaccinated so you can safely do what you’ve always wanted to do on a cruise — EVERYTHING. Let’s get back to living life to the fullest, together. Sail Safe. Feel Free.

Benefits of 100% Vaccination Requirements*

Breathe freely and witness smiles everywhere you go!

Get up close and personal with confidence, everyone on board is vaccinated.

Dine in any of our restaurants mask-free, including our self-service buffet. Plus enjoy all entertainment options.

Feel Free to take the shore excursion you’ve been dreaming of or explore on your own!

Appreciate the full Norwegian experience — all venues and experiences are entirely open.

Peace of mind knowing all guests and crew on board are fully vaccinated.

• Cruise Mask-free**
  • No Social Distancing Required
  • All Restaurants & Experiences Are Fully Open
  • No Restrictions on Shore Excursions
  • No Capacity Restrictions
  • Surround Yourself in Safety
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2