100% Everything.....

NavyCruiser

Now that the kiddos should all be back for the new school year, I'm thinking that the cruise lines should just simplify their cruising policies for us all:  100% Everything cruise...

With the scientific data showing that death rates for fully vaccinated people are almost Zero, cruise lines should just state for ALL cruises until the end of the year are only allowed for: 

1.  100% fully vaccinated cruisers

2.  100% fully vaccinated crew members

3.  All guests must sign a death/holdharmless waiver, thus no legal action against cruise line for any reason

4.  No masks required anywhere onboard ship

5.  No masks required at any destination ports.  If local ports balks, I'm fine with just cruising between Texas & Florida, and cruise lines' privately owned islands (ex:  half moon cay...)

So by simplifying these policies to allow fully vaccinated cruisers to CHOOSE to freely cruise & accepts the minimal risks to travel with other fully vaccinated guests, who also make the CHOICE to go cruising.  For those who don't like these policies, can CHOOSE the many other cruise lines.

Please, please, please do not reply with political, pro & anti vaccine arguments on this post.

I'm just offering a simple suggestion...

Thoughts...?

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

The cdc cso is in effect until the end of october, like it or not. We cant just sign we will hold carnival harmless. Though it is carnival who decided back to masks and the precruise tests. As you said I imagine to protect them. ..I'd guess it was a passenger who brought covid aboard to vista where it spread among the crew. The crew wouldnt be as protected your way.

As much as most would like it, cant just do it. A few flaws. Like they want to stop covid from getting on their ships and infecting the crew. A lot are disappointed in mask rules.

17 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Now that the kiddos should all be back for the new school year, I'm thinking that the cruise lines should just simplify their cruising policies for us all:  100% Everything cruise...

With the scientific data showing that death rates for fully vaccinated people are almost Zero, cruise lines should just state for ALL cruises until the end of the year are only allowed for: 

3.  All guests must sign a death/holdharmless waiver, thus no legal action against cruise line for any reason

5.  No masks required at any destination ports.  If local ports balks, I'm fine with just cruising between Texas & Florida, and cruise lines' privately owned islands (ex:  half moon cay...)

So by simplifying these policies to allow fully vaccinated cruisers to CHOOSE to freely cruise & accepts the minimal risks to travel with other fully vaccinated guests, who also make the CHOICE to go cruising.  For those who don't like these policies, can CHOOSE the many other cruise lines.

Please, please, please do not reply with political, pro & anti vaccine arguments on this post.

Thoughts...?

With you all the way.

• Like 2

If the goal is to stop the spread of covid, then testing everyone before boarding is the way to go.  If the goal is to accept the risk of covid and live with it, then letting anyone cruise makes sense.  I haven't heard of anyone being air lifted off of a cruise ship due to covid, so I have no problem with anyone accepting their own risk and moving on with life.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thoughts...?

Agree in concept!

• Like 1

Agree with all except no masking in ports. The cruise line can't dictate that - impossible. If the port requires masks and you don't like it then don't get off the ship - easy solution. At least that way some people can get a break from the ship if they choose to. I wholeheartedly agree with the 100% vacc. though.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thoughts...?

Couldn't make it through the first paragraph to see the fallacy of your post, "100% Everything..." 

1) Kids may be back to school; however, there are always some kids on all cruises. Homeschooled, scheduled breaks and unexcused absence.

2)...death rates...are almost Zero...

Sorry but, some and almost do not meet your 100% Everthing standard.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NavyCruiser said:

1) is illegal since some adults can't be vaccinated.

5) is illegal per the PSVA. and "private" islands are not independent countries. The laws still have to be obeyed.

you can add

6) 100% testing at embarkation

7) 100% testing at debarkation

8 ) Federal vaccination passports, 100% verified, since we know lying has become acceptable in society.

and always prepared No matter what you do, there will be some cases at sea, and when that happens, 100% masking, 100% of the time. No exceptions, except sip and cover, bite and cover. Close pools or any other venues where people object to masking.

• Like 2

I agree with the OP . If by November 15th we have more people getting vaccinated and elderly and immune compromised  people getting the booster shot and hopefully younger people can get the third vaccine that would be great.

Makes it easier for administrative purposes. Also the CDC could give a list based upon the manifest of who is fully vaccinated along with the date, Lot#, vaccine type. This info must be requested from the cruiseline after every booking and confirmed before the sailing.

International cruisers must upload their cards with 48 hours of all bookings or else it gets cancelled. Even US cruisers must have it confirmed at the time of booking.

So in order to book you must be 14 days after your 2nd vaccine.

Thoughts?

Edited by travelplus

4 hours ago, ScottsSweetie said:

They will make the policies, and we will decide to sail or not within those parameters. 

What if one of these policies (72 hour testing before the cruise) was not in existence at the time the cruise was purchased ? . . . Full refund if requested or just SOL ?

Edited by glrounds

Some people have children that do not have a standard school year plus children too young for school.  And these people might have been working all through the lock downs and would like a break such as nurses, court clerks, police, fire fighters, grocery store staff, etc.

They will take a break even if the cruise lines do not give them the option.  So should the cruise lines that normally thrive on this demo just abandon them?

5 hours ago, sunkey1 said:

Agree with all except no masking in ports. The cruise line can't dictate that - impossible. If the port requires masks and you don't like it then don't get off the ship - easy solution. At least that way some people can get a break from the ship if they choose to. I wholeheartedly agree with the 100% vacc. though.

He’s saying don’t go to ports that make you mask… Problem solved..

10 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Some people have children that do not have a standard school year plus children too young for school.  And these people might have been working all through the lock downs and would like a break such as nurses, court clerks, police, fire fighters, grocery store staff, etc.

They will take a break even if the cruise lines do not give them the option.  So should the cruise lines that normally thrive on this demo just abandon them?

Then travel on the cruises that aren’t 100% vaccinated and have mask rules 

7 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

Yes, they are.  Alaska cruises are 100% vaccinated.

That's what they say, and maybe they are, but they have to follow the ADA. If it is reasonable to accommodate the few who can't be vaccinated for real medical reasons, they have to. Since some cabins are reserved for quarantine, I think they could reserve a few for ADA purposes.

15 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

Yep.  But the original post is about changing CCL's policies that do accomodate the group that I described.  That is CCL's demographic.

In his hypothetical that was the options for children and non vaccinated and there are real options.

1 hour ago, glrounds said:

What if one of these policies (72 hour testing before the cruise) was not in existence at the time the cruise was purchased ? . . . Full refund if requested or just SOL ?

Many posters have reported receiving full refunds if desired - others have moved their cruises, others have received FCC. It appears that Carnival has been responsive to their customers in offering all different types of refunds.

But again, they get to make the decisions and customers get to consider whether or not they will continue to do business with them or not.