Do you really believe domestic cruising will start in 2022???

49 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Agree Depending on itinerary. Aus Nz passengers and itinerary Oct 75%

Agree. My thoughts 75% for end of year for Australian and NZ cruises.

Not much of a chance for cruises out to the islands.

May have to fly overseas to cruise if we are able to fly overseas by mid year.

I have a March 22 cruise which is looking more and more unlikely to happen so your May cruise is probably also doubtful. Oct could happen though if it's just a domestic cruise. That's what I'm pinning my hopes on as I also plan to book another cruise then. I can't see NZ happening before 2023 but hopefully I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, portcbob said:

Our May cruise is Brissie to the islands including Fiji 

October is a 28 nighter Brisbane to Brisbane circumnavigation around Australia.

I doubt the pacific islands will get their vaccination rate up by then.

3 hours ago, portcbob said:

I don't think there is much chance that a cruise to the islands will happen in May. The only chance for a cruise that early, would be domestic ports only, no overseas pax and possibly passengers limited to the state - a Q'ld coastal cruise for only Queenslanders, or cruises to nowhere.

It will be difficult sailing into WA waters, even when we reach phase C with 80% of all eligible Australian's vaccinated and even in phase D. The States control their borders, not the Federal Government. This was reported in the Western Australian, Perth Now

"Border closures and the threat of lockdown will be a part of life in WA even when the State reaches 80 per cent vaccination coverage because Mark McGowan says his “preferred position is that we don’t have COVID”.

After Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Friday said domestic borders wouldn’t be necessary at 70 per cent vaccination (Phase B) and the country could “say goodbye” to lockdowns at 80 per cent (Phase C), Mr McGowan dared the Federal Government to argue against WA’s approach."

15 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

After Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Friday said domestic borders wouldn’t be necessary at 70 per cent vaccination (Phase B) and the country could “say goodbye” to lockdowns at 80 per cent (Phase C), Mr McGowan dared the Federal Government to argue against WA’s approach."

I said that may happen a few weeks ago that WA will be a no go.  So may-be the round Australia Princess cruises will only go to the NT and back to Sydney - don't really care as long as we can cruise.  If we reach 70% vaccinated by Christmas may-be there is a chance cruises may go earlier than October but the ships have to come from the northern hemisphere.  I think no hope whatsoever of NZ cruising until late 2022 or may-be 2023.

Believe cruise lines will want to see a season of sailing to justify repositioning ships to Australia. May therefore seems most unlikely.

10 minutes ago, portcbob said:

If emperor McGowan doesn't let cruise ships into WA with 80% of Pax vaccinated, what's the point of cruising at all.🥵

He has a no Covid policy. The other Ministers agreed to an 80% policy. Time will tell who wins.

59 minutes ago, bazshirl2 said:

Believe cruise lines will want to see a season of sailing to justify repositioning ships to Australia. May therefore seems most unlikely.

Yes, the cruise lines will not be doing a part season. So cruising will restart in either Oct 22 or Oct 23.

Maybe a month either side, but not more than that.

32 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Yes, the cruise lines will not be doing a part season. So cruising will restart in either Oct 22 or Oct 23.

Why focus on a season. P&O and Princess operated cruises all year round.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Royal are talking about “ local cruising” in Dec / Jan which would give them three or four months of a regular season  and I think the “demand” would be there, especially if there is  a reduced number of pax, to justify the idea.

• Like 1