Galveston Port Parking

babygrljaz

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Best had a picture of the lot he parked in. He is on vista right now so might not reply right away.

Does lighthouse have covered, I dont remember but that's where I am. @Bgwestmight have more info.

I’ll try to grab a peek when we dock on Sat. We’re doing a B2B so I should be able to look. 

The garage is definitely covered parking but only on the first two floors. That’s the small blue rectangle in the drawing.

I too saw the announcement they sent out today about the express lot. I can’t remember having looked in that direction when we were there this past Saturday.

But the fact that they use the word “lot” as they do with Lot A, Lot B and Lot C leads me to believe that it’s probably an uncovered surface lot.

I’ll loop back on Sat unless someone else gets there first and is able to answer your question. 

Edited by Bgwest
  • Thanks 1

i don't know if you can see the pic i included with the post.  It shows to be right next to terminal 2.  I was going to use park n cruise across the street.  But this one seems closer.  I can drive down next weekend but asking was easier & doesn't cost a thing 😁

3 minutes ago, babygrljaz said:

i don't know if you can see the pic i included with the post.  It shows to be right next to terminal 2.  I was going to use park n cruise across the street.  But this one seems closer.  I can drive down next weekend but asking was easier & doesn't cost a thing 😁

Search for the last parking discussion from earlier this week, we’ll,  since last Saturday anyway. 
There are photos and much discussion. 

We opted for the garage fro two reasons, 1) covered parking and 2) DIRECTLY across the street from Pier 1. 
The garage is a bit more expensive because of these reasons. 
If you are OK parking in an covered surface lot (if that is in fact what the express lot is),  then the walk to Pier 1 will be very short. 
Choices, choices…………..

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Search for the last parking discussion from earlier this week, we’ll,  since last Saturday anyway. 
There are photos and much discussion. 

We opted for the garage fro two reasons, 1) covered parking and 2) DIRECTLY across the street from Pier 1. 
The garage is a bit more expensive because of these reasons. 
If you are OK parking in an covered surface lot (if that is in fact what the express lot is),  then the walk to Pier 1 will be very short. 
Choices, choices…………..

looking at google maps it shows it directly in front of terminal to (by the address) if that's they case won't be good for me.  I'm sailing on the Vista.  Every sailing that ive seen since restart they've used terminal 1.  Breeze looks like they are using terminal 2.  I'll watch it better in the next few sailings.  Thank you for our input.  I didn't look at the street view because too often its out dated.  I think this lot is barely opening this weekend

Remember to put your silver heat-reflector thing up
inside your windshield - it protects your dashboard a lot!

Here at 13 degrees N. of the Equator
I trained myself long ago, to make good use of that thing
when parked for anything longer than 3-5 mins.
It can get hot in a hurry!

1 minute ago, kby1216 said:

We parked in Lot C pre pandemic and it was uncovered. I don't know if they have made any changes since that time. They have shuttles and it was very convenient.

I follow a owner from ezcruise and now he shows port parking and ezcruise. I'm thinking the same shuttle service as ezcruise .. not that it matters. They are good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Remember to put your silver heat-reflector thing up
inside your windshield - it protects your dashboard a lot!

Here at 13 degrees N. of the Equator
I trained myself long ago, to make good use of that thing
when parked for anything longer than 3-5 mins.
It can get hot in a hurry!

I live in the Houston area. My car takes a beating daily year-round

• Like 1

These photos were taken just now off the starboard/aft of Vista. 

Compare them with the Port of Galveston diagram showing the new Express Lot. 
It clearly appears to me that the new Express lot located in front of Pier 2 (yellow in the POG diagram) is an uncovered surface lot. 
C9FA5006-D194-4AC9-9276-3C08BD574768.thumb.jpeg.f058d50819d3ce0ff12a9cce7eccef72.jpeg

The only Covered parking provided by the POG (there is other covered space nearby provided by private vendors) is in their garage. That’s the small blue rectangle in the diagram and at the end of the overhead walkway in the photo below (currently not in operation).
43BB311F-BDFA-4E70-8CCF-9E67A54DBF11.thumb.jpeg.77e7450824679a7fa383078d122cb028.jpeg

Hope this helps. 

On 8/18/2021 at 5:08 PM, babygrljaz said:

looking at google maps it shows it directly in front of terminal to (by the address) if that's they case won't be good for me.  I'm sailing on the Vista.  Every sailing that ive seen since restart they've used terminal 1.  Breeze looks like they are using terminal 2.  I'll watch it better in the next few sailings.  Thank you for our input.  I didn't look at the street view because too often its out dated.  I think this lot is barely opening this weekend

What you observed is a still the case as of 8.21. 
We are on the Vista and are at Pier 1. 
The Breeze ic currently docked at Pier 2 

17B59ECA-E356-40F3-976A-43911D6DFD4C.thumb.jpeg.2a270f77148b022a1c935d63b85b00d6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bgwest said:

These photos were taken just now off the starboard/aft of Vista. 

Compare them with the Port of Galveston diagram showing the new Express Lot. 
It clearly appears to me that the new Express lot located in front of Pier 2 (yellow in the POG diagram) is an uncovered surface lot. 
C9FA5006-D194-4AC9-9276-3C08BD574768.thumb.jpeg.f058d50819d3ce0ff12a9cce7eccef72.jpeg

The only Covered parking provided by the POG (there is other covered space nearby provided by private vendors) is in their garage. That’s the small blue rectangle in the diagram and at the end of the overhead walkway in the photo below (currently not in operation).
43BB311F-BDFA-4E70-8CCF-9E67A54DBF11.thumb.jpeg.77e7450824679a7fa383078d122cb028.jpeg

Hope this helps. 

It sure does, a lot! Thank you

11 hours ago, babygrljaz said:

It sure does, a lot! Thank you

Great. Happy to lend a hand. 😃

One more thing. As I reread my last post on the subject, I realized there is some ambiguity in the last sentence that I thought needed clarification. 

It is the overhead walkway that is not currently open. 
The garage is definitely open and operational. 

And remember, ONLY the first two floors in the garage are covered. The third floor of the garage is rooftop parking and uncovered. Same price for covered and uncovered.

First come to get the covered spots. 

Lastly, savings can be had by booking and paying online prior to your arrival. And it’s fully refundable if you need to cancel. 

7 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Great. Happy to lend a hand. 😃

One more thing. As I reread my last post on the subject, I realized there is some ambiguity in the last sentence that I thought needed clarification. 

It is the overhead walkway that is not currently open. 
The garage is definitely open and operational. 

And remember, ONLY the first two floors in the garage are covered. The third floor of the garage is rooftop parking and uncovered. Same price for covered and uncovered.

First come to get the covered spots. 

Lastly, savings can be had by booking and paying online prior to your arrival. And it’s fully refundable if you need to cancel. 

And if possible flooding is an issue for you . Then consider  the garage . We live 12 blocks from terminals . 

• 1 month later...

Looks like the Port of Galveston no longer honors complimentary parking for disabled veterans. Rather, they now offer a 15% discount on rates. 

Not sure what prompted the change, but it seems to go against my (admittedly non-expert) reading of Texas transportation code. Anyone else have any info/clarification on this?

3 hours ago, boxedlunch said:

Looks like the Port of Galveston no longer honors complimentary parking for disabled veterans. Rather, they now offer a 15% discount on rates. 

Not sure what prompted the change, but it seems to go against my (admittedly non-expert) reading of Texas transportation code. Anyone else have any info/clarification on this?

They now call it Disabled Veteran Discount Program. See Disabled Veteran Discount Page | Port of Galveston, TX - Official Website for their Disabled Veterans Online Discount Enrollment Form

They also now have Loyalty Rewards Program for everyone else. See Loyalty Rewards Program | Port of Galveston, TX - Official Website for their Loyalty Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.

Please email parking@portofgalveston.com with any questions or call 409-766-6163.

Here is a promo for this month only at EZCruise…..

Promo Code: October21

Online Only!! 

This promo code is only valid for ezcruiseparking.com online reservations. The promo code is good for $5 off the current online rates. Must use the promotional code online to receive the discount. There will be no discount on pre-existing reservations. This coupon is only good for future sail dates. This coupon is not valid with any other coupons, offers, daily specials, and instant savings. Offer expires 10/31/2021.

• Thanks 1