Celebrity requiring all passengers 12+ to show proof of vaccine in defiance of FL Law?

fstuff1

6 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

My wife and I really hope to meet you one of these days!! I'd pretend to buy you a drink for this post alone! (but you'd be AI, so it's the thought that counts)

deleted

Edited by graphicguy

2 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

deleted

Funny, I saw your comment right before you must have realized mine was a reply to Bo. Sure, we can all party together! 

I am curious, is graphic guy a description of your way of talking? Or perhaps referring to extensive Adobe expertise?

22 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

My wife and I really hope to meet you one of these days!! I'd pretend to buy you a drink for this post alone! (but you'd be AI, so it's the thought that counts)

m - you will not have to pretend because quite often even with the PBP some of the beverages I enjoy are not even on that deal... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

What are you missing? What are you missing?? What are you missing???

Are you really asking this question in all seriousness???

You are missing the fact that X is enforcing the laws of the countries in which they are docking, as an airline will do from an airport before one boards the plane.

What you are missing is the fact that the fines which the state of Florida may or may not enforce YET these international ports can ban X from docking there?

Giving up docking ports vs a silly and vindictive state Executive Order/law, ONLY IMO, I laud them for going with the 100% vaccination route as will quite a few others here on CC or not.

What you are missing, ONLY IMO, is that X will now not have to try and police adults who may choose to not be vaccinated, from getting off the ship in these ports and possibly losing privileges and fines and etc... or extreme hospitalizations as a result of an un-vaccinated passengers illness, should it be required.

What you are missing, ONLY IMO, is that X can fill cabins, quite possibly, with fully vaccinated passengers vs trying to wrangle compliance from adults who are not.

What you are missing, ONLY IMO, is that there will be quite a few of us past passengers who support this move regardless of Florida law and feel much better about sailing X, even given the potential of the break through factor.

In health and bon voyage

Thank you!  And that is why I said I am tired of seeing these threads (and got attacked and called a troll for saying it).  Let's discuss cruising and not political policy and the like. Please.  I thought threads such as these were against the rules anyway.  Let's cruise, friends.  Discussions such as these lead down a rabbit hole that many are tired of falling down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, _Rick_ said:

Thank you!  And that is why I said I am tired of seeing these threads (and got attacked and called a troll for saying it).  Let's discuss cruising and not political policy and the like. Please.  I thought threads such as these were against the rules anyway.  Let's cruise, friends.  Discussions such as these lead down a rabbit hole that many are tired of falling down.

r - My usual take on such posts is to not really ignore them, as opposed to questioning "premise" or "hypothesis" and bring it back around to our point of being here "cruising" and its' related issues.

Yes, there are a few 'issues' which are esoteric in nature as well as subtly trying to skirt a hidden agenda in order to not be flamed.... how innocent can I be??? LOL

Overt discussion(s) of a political nature are generally frowned upon and when they get out of control, deleted.

The post I responded to was an out and out unveiled attempt to bring politics to the X forum... LOL

Yet were each of us to ask what the heck does this have to do with cruising, as the OP did not but hypothesize about a law and IMO, their possible desire to be in that 5%, incorrectly without either knowing or understanding the any ramifications of what X and other cruise lines need to do for their business model and what many of their customers want!

Of course the OP has the ability to shore up their position on the thread they started, but so be it, most of us understand the possible reason(s) and accept accordingly.

The OP is entitled to their opinion on the topic, but will not get away with it here on CC in many instances. LOL

I know what I would do were I feeling the heat right about now(clarify, apologize or deny)... LOL

We can keep the forum on track, even without reporting posts, just retort with the purpose by pointing out the essence of our desire to sail, again, without the added distractions which have no value, specifically.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

52 minutes ago, scottbee said:

>>Celebrity requiring all passengers 12+ to show proof of vaccine in defiance of FL Law?

I know, isn't it great?

I agree....  It should have done so much earlier.   They also are requiring children over 2 to be tested at passengers expense prior to arrive at port.     Even better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Hopefully it is over a glass of Macallan or Blanton's as it will make the pain all that much sweeter, to be sure... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Or a nice Cognac?

Actually I have a favorite secret recipe that involves Cognac and middle-European dark beer.

Cheers and b.v. backatcha mate.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

Hopefully it is over a glass of Macallan or Blanton's as it will make the pain all that much sweeter, to be sure... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Dang.  GOTTA meet you on a cruise some time!  Well informed, great sense of humor, born in '53 (my year as well), AND drinks my brands!

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 10:14 AM, dkjretired said:

Some of these vaccinations requirements may be in violation of Federal laws. Cruise lines follow ADA as far as service animals, what if someone can’t get the shots for a medical reason and get denied boarding.  Could have another discussion on Hippa.

Hippa law does not pertain in this circumstance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2021 at 9:01 PM, nocl said:

Not sure if that would impact it or not. For example ADA did not apply to cruise lines until there was a supreme court ruling, but even after the ruling it does not all apply, only reasonable accommodation. 

If a cruise line clinic did financial transactions through a US clearing house (to bill insurance for example) then HIPAA might apply.  However, I believe that the clinics bill directly to the passenger and do not file for insurance, instead giving that paperwork that would be needed to fill for insurance  directly to the passenger.

As the HHS lists it the privacy rule  "This Rule set national standards for the protection of individually identifiable health information by three types of covered entities: health plans, health care clearinghouses, and health care providers who conduct the standard health care transactions electronically"

A cruise ship clinic that bills directly does not seem to fit into any of the categories. 

Exactly. Thank you. 

2 hours ago, canderson said:

Dang.  GOTTA meet you on a cruise some time!  Well informed, great sense of humor, born in '53 (my year as well), AND drinks my brands!

Well, 2022 is booked with a sailing from Bayonne to Newport to Bermuda to Charleston... '

2023 is wide open at the moment... 😎 Let me know so I can 'steer' the itinerary... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Well, 2022 is booked with a sailing from Bayonne to Newport to Bermuda to Charleston... '

2023 is wide open at the moment... 😎 Let me know so I can 'steer' the itinerary... LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

I think you should get him to contribute to your 2023 vacation fund Bo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

I think you should get him to contribute to your 2023 vacation fund Bo.

YES!!! Especially on an E Class ship for the Iconic Suite...

Great idea L, a Go Fund My Next Cruise page here on CC for that sailing...

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

Cheers and bon voyage

Lordy, I DO hope they finally got the Charleston 'cruise port' (expression used VERY loosely) situation squared away!  We loved Charleston as a departure city, but they were using an old warehouse over the water with one lane in and one lane out.  ALL inbound traffic stopped for the length of time it took for each bus to unload pax and luggage!  Pretty sure that was a Galaxy cruise, ca. 2002.

We're set for 2022 as well, but as you say, 2023 is wide open.  We'd likely plan a westbound TA from Europe for Fall 2023.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'd offer to buy him a drink, but the AI program leaves that gesture looking a little hollow!🍸

c - now now now.... You mean to say that a few drinks here and there charged against your quite generous OBC would not do it??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

3 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

c - now now now.... You mean to say that a few drinks here and there charged against your quite generous OBC would not do it??? LOL

Cheers and bon voyage

Actually, based on the bizarre OBC situation for our next cruise, we could afford enough to both develop cirrhosis and still have enough left over for liver transplants in the Bahamas!  That, however, isn't typical!

• Haha 2