Exemption denied

Silent Penguin

No cruising for dh and me next month.  Dh was denied an exemption for our September 26th cruise.  I was 99% sure he would be when I booked the cruise.  We have a family cruise booked for March of next year.  He's already agreed that if Carnival decides he can't go on that one either, we can go without him.  It will be weird-I've never cruised without him- but it's his decision to not get vaccinated.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

No cruising for dh and me next month.  Dh was denied an exemption for our September 26th cruise.  I was 99% sure he would be when I booked the cruise.  We have a family cruise booked for March of next year.  He's already agreed that if Carnival decides he can't go on that one either, we can go without him.  It will be weird-I've never cruised without him- but it's his decision to not get vaccinated.  

Sorry to hear that he did not get an exemption. We all have to make the decisions in life that we feel best and live with the consequences.  Hope all goes well for your next cruise.

• Like 6

Life is about the Choices that we make. Hopefully you and the family can really sit him down and have a real talk with him. Some people will listen and others will not. Cruising has always been about family to me and I am sure you feel the same way.    

Happy to hear this!! 
The unvaxed wanting to share space with the responsible who have chosen to  do the right thing and get vaccinated is just plain selfish on their part. 

If he will simply stop by the nearest CVS, Walgreens, etc and be responsible, I’m certain he’d be welcomed aboard. 

Good job protecting the rest of us, Carnival!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, EngIceDave said:

Obvious question, why is he not vaxxed?

I mean, let's just get that out of the way, huh?

In polite society, we don't talk about the elephant in the room. I read about an athlete that contracted Covid for the second time and still didn't think the vaccine was a good idea!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BeachMan89 said:

Bummer... did they say why it was denied?

Here you go...  "As you know, exemptions are very limited and capacity-controlled based on the total number of vaccinated guests projected to be on your sailing.   Unfortunately, we have reached our limit and are not able to clear your booking to sail."

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Silent Penguin said:

You need a medical reason not to get vaccinated.,Even compromised people are getting vaccinated

As stated elsewhere, I believe they're likely holding the 5% for kids of vaxxed adults. How I'd do it. Best way for business. If any slots are open after all the kids, then adults likely on VFIP status

Safest place to take your kid on vacation.

48 minutes ago, Silent Penguin said:

Here you go...  "As you know, exemptions are very limited and capacity-controlled based on the total number of vaccinated guests projected to be on your sailing.   Unfortunately, we have reached our limit and are not able to clear your booking to sail."

So it was just the 5% thing. I wonder if its first come first served.

As unfortunate as it is that you can't cruise, thank you for sharing this with us.

This gives us more information on the exemption process.

This makes me think that they are "more likely" to give exemptions to kids or those with medical reasons, as opposed to those who are choosing not to get the vaccine.

• Like 3

Sorry to hear that your husband's exemption got denied.  Carnival has to do what is best for the safety of all of the passengers, so I can understand why they would deny adults who have a choice about getting vaccinated.  At least he is fine with you guys cruising without him.

• Like 1