The Daily for Sunday August 22, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, kb4683 said:

Good Sunday Morning Dailyite Family!

Thank you @richwmn, @rafinmd, @dfish, @cat shepard@summer slope for your dedication and to all others who post here.

@grapau27 - Happy Anniversary to you & Pauline.  Best wishes for many more.

Hugs to those on the care list and a toast to those on the celebratory list.

We were in Santarem on January 10, 2014, cruising from Manaus to Fort Lauderdale on the Pacific Princess.  The video below shows how they load vehicles onto the river boats 😱.  (The audio has been edited out.)

Amazon Car - Small.mov 686.71 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you for your anniversary wishes.

We appreciate your kind words.

Graham.

• Like 8

Good morning, all! I love the collection of days. A day that celebrates angels, fairies, and pets has to be a good one. The beef and cheddar pies sound like a good option here while the weather is still chilly.

We have been to Santarem on the Prinsendam. The Amazon River boats with their open decks where passengers claimed space by hanging their hammocks fascinated me. The hammocks, with their bright colours and intricately tied fringes, are like fingerprints. On a crowded boat with rows and rows of hammocks, it’s easy to spot your own. We did a city tour. It was an ‘easy’ tour, which means most of the day is waiting while people climb off of and back onto the bus. This was a bonus, because Santarem has some fascinating markets. There are many stalls selling River boat hammocks. We weren’t given shopping time, but waiting for fellow passengers to return to the bus gives lots of time to haggle with vendors in bad Portuguese. I bought a bag of Brazil nuts and a really lovely river boat hammocks.

A vendor and a customer haggling in the market.

B418CA4F-B3EE-4607-8AB1-AFEA239B9DB6.jpeg.2696ae528874a0920c3db20236cd34c3.jpeg

The Prinsendam and a River boat. It takes a side view to,see the hammock decks properly. Unfortunately those are on a hard drive somewhere.

D4458F0D-09A7-4EB1-9DA1-D9112A39A0CC.thumb.jpeg.20f8d565a4a743fb1f1a14126f0344cf.jpeg

Some River hammocks displayed in an artisan gallery. Not quite the same as the colourful riot of hammocks in a riverside market stall, but it gives an idea of the hammocks.

6D4BC563-93C3-4E16-B237-EF8D2A7392A9.thumb.jpeg.e66ed0966357ba515bceccc59a8b9c37.jpeg

My thoughts are with those waiting out Henri and the damage it may bring. It’s good to hear it is downgraded to a tropical storm.

And of course,

💐🥂🎉HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GRAHAM AND PAULINE🎉🥂💐

Also, Happy Sunday, as I envy those heading for Alaska on a BHB today!

F2B89AD6-3E31-4DC3-86F3-7078B3CA2249.thumb.jpeg.9f4d68b4a2a369e7b754cb7920ed4843.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Yesterday's graveside service went well - the sun was shining brightly, the birds were singing, and all went well until some idiot's cell phone went off and he felt the need to answer it and have a conversation without lowering his voice.  Honestly, some people are absolutely boorish!  That nearly

That is beyond boorish! I’m surprised no one grabbed the phone out of his hand and threw it a few rows away!

• Like 16

56 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you very much for your kind words and best wishes for our 40th wedding anniversary.

We had a lovely breakfast this morning.

We have a special anniversary meal booked for tonight.

Take care.

Graham.

IMG_20210822_111006.jpg

Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline!  It's morning here as I'm admiring Pauline and your delightful breakfast, while you will be preparing for your celebration dinner there in UK.    Have a wonderful evening!    🥂

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I can be an angel or a devil, depends on the day.  Yay for tooth fairies - according to DS, the cost of a tooth can be a loonie ($1) or a toonie($2), depending on what's in the change compartment of the car at the time.  We love our pets - only had 1 at a time, but they know they're loved and cared for.

@grapau27Happy 40th Anniversary to you and your lovely bride, Pauline!

Yesterday's graveside service went well - the sun was shining brightly, the birds were singing, and all went well until some idiot's cell phone went off and he felt the need to answer it and have a conversation without lowering his voice.  Honestly, some people are absolutely boorish!  That nearly brought out the devil in me, but I held my tongue.

It's a cloudy, cool day here on the frozen tundra, which hopefully means rain as well - daily watering is getting a little old.  LOL  On the way back from the cemetery yesterday we were talking about all the potted plants we have and DH asked if we were going to over-winter the Dipladenias (he really likes them) - I told him they've been given a stay of execution, so we'll have to make sure there's room for them in one of the downstairs bedroom windows.

I was going to start procrastinating today, but think I'll wait a while.  Friends of ours have been to today's port and brought back photos of the pink dolphins - they're most unusual looking, almost creepy.  

I like today's menu suggestions, but have some pork chops thawing in the fridge.  They will go into the oven later this afternoon for a pork chop rice casserole dish that DH always enjoys - I like it because it makes a big batch that can be frozen in portions for later use.  Accompanied by a side salad, that's what will be on our dinner table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them and even for those who don't think they do.  Extra prayers for the family of the young Cape Bay Beach Patrol trainee - I can't imagine what his family is going through.  Also extra prayers for those in the path of Henri.  Clinking the glasses together to celebrate all on the happy list.  Stay safe, be well, wash your hands, wear your masks, and hydrate!

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Thank you Gerry.

Graham 

IMG_20180524_123306.jpg

• Like 26

14 minutes ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Good morning, all! I love the collection of days. A day that celebrates angels, fairies, and pets has to be a good one. The beef and cheddar pies sound like a good option here while the weather is still chilly.

We have been to Santarem on the Prinsendam. The Amazon River boats with their open decks where passengers claimed space by hanging their hammocks fascinated me. The hammocks, with their bright colours and intricately tied fringes, are like fingerprints. On a crowded boat with rows and rows of hammocks, it’s easy to spot your own. We did a city tour. It was an ‘easy’ tour, which means most of the day is waiting while people climb off of and back onto the bus. This was a bonus, because Santarem has some fascinating markets. There are many stalls selling River boat hammocks. We weren’t given shopping time, but waiting for fellow passengers to return to the bus gives lots of time to haggle with vendors in bad Portuguese. I bought a bag of Brazil nuts and a really lovely river boat hammocks.

A vendor and a customer haggling in the market.

B418CA4F-B3EE-4607-8AB1-AFEA239B9DB6.jpeg.2696ae528874a0920c3db20236cd34c3.jpeg

The Prinsendam and a River boat. It takes a side view to,see the hammock decks properly. Unfortunately those are on a hard drive somewhere.

D4458F0D-09A7-4EB1-9DA1-D9112A39A0CC.thumb.jpeg.20f8d565a4a743fb1f1a14126f0344cf.jpeg

Some River hammocks displayed in an artisan gallery. Not quite the same as the colourful riot of hammocks in a riverside market stall, but it gives an idea of the hammocks.

6D4BC563-93C3-4E16-B237-EF8D2A7392A9.thumb.jpeg.e66ed0966357ba515bceccc59a8b9c37.jpeg

My thoughts are with those waiting out Henri and the damage it may bring. It’s good to hear it is downgraded to a tropical storm.

And of course,

💐🥂🎉HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GRAHAM AND PAULINE🎉🥂💐

Also, Happy Sunday, as I envy those heading for Alaska on a BHB today!

F2B89AD6-3E31-4DC3-86F3-7078B3CA2249.thumb.jpeg.9f4d68b4a2a369e7b754cb7920ed4843.jpeg

Many thanks for your anniversary wishes.

Graham & Pauline.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline!  It's morning here as I'm admiring Pauline and your delightful breakfast, while you will be preparing for your celebration dinner there in UK.    Have a wonderful evening!    🥂

Thank you for your very kind words and best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 10

Oh my @Quartzsite CruiserLenda...that photo.  Not sure I'd want to go fishing and pull in a piranha.  We were fishing down in Mexico at Mulege in Baja and brought up something with these big scary teeth.  I'll never forget that.

But good morning everyone.  I slept in today.  We went out for a big prime rib dinner last night -- for the first time in forever -- and what a calming meal it was.  Slept like a log.

The collection of days is nice.  I have no idea what the going rate is for a tooth these days with the Tooth Fairy, but have a feeling it's no longer spare change.

Thank you for our ship locations, recipe, cocktails and wine -- and for the lists and photos.   It's always so interesting to see photos of anywhere in Brazil.  Interesting place that I will never get to visit -- no yellow fever shot.  Sigh

Have a lovely day everyone.  I'm glad the storm lost a lot of its punch!

• Like 17

@grapau27Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow is our DD and SIL 13th anniversary, and they are headed out to a patio dinner (first dinner in a restaurant in a year).  And that means we are babysitting their 2 little boys today.  It will be a busy day.

I will be making today's recipe, just not with little helpers today.  We loved the hand pies in NZ and Australia.  There was a wonderful little bakery in Pahia,  NZ, and we took their pies on picnics.

Enjoying the pictures of today's port. We are going there in2023. Thanks to those who post them.

Thanks to Rich and Roy and all the others who keep this site running.

Hoping Henri isn't too bad.  Stay safe, all those of you who are in it's path.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

👍Thank you to all who contribute to The Daily and especially to Rich @richwmn and also to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists. 😊

💕Congratulations and Best Wishes for a Happy Anniversary to Graham and Pauline @grapau27!💕

We had a panoramic tour and also did a little piranha fishing in Brazil in November of 2019.🎣

🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie 

0_b547d93765a4166fd8ba95d2e18678c1.jpg

20201101_080627.jpg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much Roy for including Pauline and I in today's celebrations.

Graham.

I will toast you both with a glass of red wine tonight.

Jim.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tbay said:

@grapau27Happy Anniversary!

Tomorrow is our DD and SIL 13th anniversary, and they are headed out to a patio dinner (first dinner in a restaurant in a year).  And that means we are babysitting their 2 little boys today.  It will be a busy day.

I will be making today's recipe, just not with little helpers today.  We loved the hand pies in NZ and Australia.  There was a wonderful little bakery in Pahia,  NZ, and we took their pies on picnics.

Enjoying the pictures of today's port. We are going there in2023. Thanks to those who post them.

Thanks to Rich and Roy and all the others who keep this site running.

Hoping Henri isn't too bad.  Stay safe, all those of you who are in it's path.

Thank you for your anniversary wishes and a happy 13th anniversary for your DD and SIL.

Graham tomorrow.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, irishjim said:

I will toast you both with a glass of red wine tonight.

Jim.

Cheers Jim.

Graham.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, garlictown said:

👍Thank you to all who contribute to The Daily and especially to Rich @richwmn and also to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists. 😊

💕Congratulations and Best Wishes for a Happy Anniversary to Graham and Pauline @grapau27!💕

We had a panoramic tour and also did a little piranha fishing in Brazil in November of 2019.🎣

🙏Prayers to all in need.🙏

Katie 

0_b547d93765a4166fd8ba95d2e18678c1.jpg

20201101_080627.jpg

Thank you very much for your kind wishes.

Graham.

• Like 8