Carnival Revoking Exemptions for Unvaxed 12 and Up

AtoZgirl

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Any allergy to the vaccine components would qualify. I know at least one person with medical history that wants the vaccine and was finally able the get the first shot. All the planets had to be aligned and blood pressure and everything else within normal range before they would do it.

Any doctor that isn't a quack should provide for a patient. How could they be liable for telling the truth. It are the liars you need to watch out for 

Maybe you are too young to understand but older people, doctors arent going to sign a note so someone can cruise unvaccinated.  Idk a doctor who would say sure I'll sign a note so you can board a cruise ship. ..and doctors would ask why you need the note. Its risky. I personally wouldnt cruise unvaccinated at my age. If I had medical issues keeping me from taking any of the vaccines, I'd not cruise. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe you are too young to understand but older people, doctors arent going to sign a note so someone can cruise unvaccinated.  Idk a doctor who would say sure I'll sign a note so you can board a cruise ship. ..and doctors would ask why you need the note. Its risky. I personally wouldnt cruise unvaccinated at my age. If I had medical issues keeping me from taking any of the vaccines, I'd not cruise. 

My age is not relevant. A doctor isn't signing a note that someone can cruise; they are signing a note that their patient has a medical reason why they can't be vaccinated. It has nothing to do with cruising. The note could just as well be for an employer who requires vaccines - from schools to the military to a hospital and just about any federal job.

Whether on land or at sea, you are going to encounter unvaccinated adults, and there will be a lot fewer of them at sea.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Any allergy to the vaccine components would qualify. I know at least one person with medical history that wants the vaccine and was finally able the get the first shot. All the planets had to be aligned and blood pressure and everything else within normal range before they would do it.

Any doctor that isn't a quack should provide for a patient. How could they be liable for telling the truth. It are the liars you need to watch out for 

There are two totally different kinds of vaccines approved for Covid. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is totally different from Pfizer and Moderna. Are you really trying to say that there are people who are severely allergic to the differing ingredients in both types?

On 8/24/2021 at 6:05 AM, dmndlil said:

Pfizer and Moderna mix is okay.  If you had either of those mixed with Astrazeneca, then no, you cannot cruise per the CDC

am sooooo glad my mix was Moderna Pfizer and not an Astrazeneca.  Lucked out on that one for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

There are two totally different kinds of vaccines approved for Covid. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is totally different from Pfizer and Moderna. Are you really trying to say that there are people who are severely allergic to the differing ingredients in both types?

Not interested in playing 20 question. I gave an example. If you need more, ask your doctor.

Who cares if an 80-something has a doctor's note. Carnival is not giving them an exemption anymore. Even the ones that did are getting rejection letters. As more ports close down, Carnival's dependence on the Bahamas is extremely important. The Bahamas aren't allowing a cruise with anyone 12 and older unvaccinated. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the cruise lines urged the Bahamas to make that decision.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Idk many doctors that will sign off on that medical exemption. I read you need a doctor to sign off. How many people actually cant take one of the vaccines are there that a doctor will say so? Even very sick people are getting dossed. Honestly I'd bet you can count the ones per ship on one hand if any. What doctor will take responsibility for someone going on a cruise unvaccinated?  

A quack. There are anti-vax doctors out there, and I'm sure some would write a note for just about anything. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Who cares if an 80-something has a doctor's note. Carnival is not giving them an exemption anymore. Even the ones that did are getting rejection letters. As more ports close down, Carnival's dependence on the Bahamas is extremely important. The Bahamas aren't allowing a cruise with anyone 12 and older unvaccinated. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the cruise lines urged the Bahamas to make that decision.

I am not aware of any medical exemptions being yanked.

The USVI invoked the vaccination game before the Bahamas, but it wouldn't surprise me if the cruise lines had a hand.

39 minutes ago, matymil said:

Yeah but not nearly as many as there would have been.

Im not concerned about the number of unvaccinated they are tested twice before boarding. Im just glad everyone has to have a negative test to cruise now. Vaccinated people are getting the virus and passing it on Right now its safer to cruise than stay home on land. We can go somewhere where we have to show our vaccine passport but how many of the vaccinated people there arent sick? Its getting crazy on land. Id rather be cruising. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sailingships said:

Im not concerned about the number of unvaccinated they are tested twice before boarding. Im just glad everyone has to have a negative test to cruise now. Vaccinated people are getting the virus and passing it on Right now its safer to cruise than stay home on land. We can go somewhere where we have to show our vaccine passport but how many of the vaccinated people there arent sick? Its getting crazy on land. Id rather be cruising. 

Honest to god, i'd rather spend 5 days on a cruise ship than 5 hours in a wal-mart.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

A quack. There are anti-vax doctors out there, and I'm sure some would write a note for just about anything. 

It's crazy but youre right. I did read that people getting caught with fake vax cards are getting arrested so thats good at least

16 hours ago, Jamesatgsu said:

Yes seems we have a doctor here in northern California that has been writing a "medical exemption" for anyone who wants one. State medical board is now looking into his practice. Also have a pastor of a large church writing religious exemptions for anyone who wants one werther they attend his church or any church.  

There are people out there willing to give folks what they want based on their own beliefs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imola said:

Also have a pastor of a large church writing religious exemptions for anyone who wants one werther they attend his church or any church.  

There are people out there willing to give folks what they want based on their own beliefs. 

Churches and their leaders have for the most part made this pandemic worse, not better by giving medical advice.