Has anyone been in a Club Suite yet?

SpainAlien

Since this is a new category I was hoping for some clarification on what was included?

Regarding the pressing service that is included - is it just one item or a bag like the laundry bag?

Did you get two food deliveries during the week?  When were they delivered?

Is the sparkling wine the same as the one the Latitude members get?

• Like 3

The Bird was in a Club Suite on the Encore. 

We got a form for one bag of laundry. We are platinum plus members, so that gave us a total of 3 bags (if we needed). We don’t generate as much laundry on Alaska cruises as we do in the Caribbean where there can be 3 or more changes of clothes on a beach day. 

Same latitudes sparkling wine. (Nicely aged after sitting during the 16 month shutdown). 

Treats were not every day like the Haven. And since The Bird gets treats from multiple sources, none of which leave cards, we had no idea which were Club treats vs other treats. If I had to guess, we got a 2-3 treats including the leftover cookies from the buffet (which, btw, they give to Haven customers too). 

The Bird got two 1 liter boxes of water and two 1/2 liter boxes of water. One set was from being a platinum plus member and one set for being in a Club room. Don’t know which was which. 

25BA28C4-5D4A-402E-8FEE-F37FA35AEE7B.thumb.jpeg.2758ed6fcffcf126d98e9cb96cb0c67e.jpeg0B60468B-4C2D-4611-A9E7-B02F6A501BE1.thumb.jpeg.ee60a95c99d2590a1ce1c78a5f5ef599.jpegEB06E0B0-CD19-412A-8E90-BBE34831EFD4.thumb.jpeg.b15236882a102fd176a9af961cc3cfa4.jpegB52936F4-7B6B-46EB-B23F-DB36B5C45B74.thumb.jpeg.3017b5bbd36ded49a3ef85881a828cb2.jpeg870D0975-D21E-4C7B-9E50-D5AD5C7E526B.thumb.jpeg.b56fec176623c1c497941613385c45c4.jpeg26BCAD7E-5694-4BFC-9877-1CE4F2312361.thumb.jpeg.0ddd2462412932e3e05f9db80e912047.jpeg

9D77E7D3-BF39-4E8C-8AC8-091BFA6B9A01.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We got a form for one bag of laundry. We are platinum plus members, so that gave us a total of 3 bags (if we needed). We don’t generate as much laundry on Alaska cruises as we do in the Caribbean where there can be 3 or more changes of clothes on a beach day. 

Same latitudes sparkling wine. (Nicely aged after sitting during the 16 month shutdown). 

Treats were not every day like the Haven. And since The Bird gets treats from multiple sources, none of which leave cards, we had no idea which were Club treats vs other treats. If I had to guess, we got a 2-3 treats including the leftover cookies from the buffet (which, btw, they give to Haven customers too). 

The Bird got two 1 liter boxes of water and two 1/2 liter boxes of water. One set was from being a platinum plus member and one set for being in a Club room. Don’t know which was which. 

25BA28C4-5D4A-402E-8FEE-F37FA35AEE7B.thumb.jpeg.2758ed6fcffcf126d98e9cb96cb0c67e.jpeg0B60468B-4C2D-4611-A9E7-B02F6A501BE1.thumb.jpeg.ee60a95c99d2590a1ce1c78a5f5ef599.jpegEB06E0B0-CD19-412A-8E90-BBE34831EFD4.thumb.jpeg.b15236882a102fd176a9af961cc3cfa4.jpegB52936F4-7B6B-46EB-B23F-DB36B5C45B74.thumb.jpeg.3017b5bbd36ded49a3ef85881a828cb2.jpeg870D0975-D21E-4C7B-9E50-D5AD5C7E526B.thumb.jpeg.b56fec176623c1c497941613385c45c4.jpeg26BCAD7E-5694-4BFC-9877-1CE4F2312361.thumb.jpeg.0ddd2462412932e3e05f9db80e912047.jpeg

Thank you for that, I was curious to know, we are in  club suite on Epic next year.

21 minutes ago, SpainAlien said:

Thank you for that, I was curious to know, we are in  club suite on Epic next year.

Excellent choice. 

As The Bird has gotten older, we don’t move around was well as we did when we were a young chick. And the extra space in the Epic Club shower/bath (vs the tiny transporter tube in regular balconies) is greatly appreciated. 

(And the extra space in the toilet is appreciated too!)

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The flowers are beautiful. Did you order those or were they a perk for NCL/ Encores restart cruise? Or perk for just being you?😉

Edited by phissy

It was The Bird's birthday (gotta keep up with the live post on your birthday), so the flowers magically showed up in our stateroom. 🥳🎉

Going back to Club Perks, NCL says "Room Service menus offering delicious options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner." Someone on the live post asked if the service charge was waived for Club rooms. I called and asked Guest Service and person I talked to said "No, you still have to pay the service charge if you are in a Club Suite". Sadness. That same Guest Services person went on to say "even Haven guests pay for room service"... which I know to be 100% incorrect, so the whole response from that person was discredited. And, unfortunately, I never got back to asking someone a little more knowledgeable

it is my understanding, that the "club suites" are merely renamed mini suites, with the additional perks mentioned by bird travels. i dont believe they have been modernized or changed in any way, just renamed to make them sound more. opulent

that being said, however, we always enjoyed staying in the mini-suites, the cabins were nice, the prices were very reasonable, then we made the fatal mistake of booking a haven..... draw your own conclusions!

• Like 2

Ah the ambiance to be in a CLUB Suite instead of a balcony cabin !

A bathtub with shower instead of a shower -

Caution may have to step over a high wall instead of a 4 inch drain retrainment

Maybe a few more square INCHES of cabin space -

And the promotional perks - Flowers? Chocolate Strawberries? A Free -1- time Laundry -

AND that fabulous 16 month old aged LAME Duck Champagne best neutered with orange juice -

And then the water in paper cartons (or maybe that is cartoons) instead of plastic bottles

Yes that is a good thing for the environment - what does aged pulp taste like ?

Lastly the location - any better than a balcony - same view ?

But darling we are in a CLUB Suite not just an ordinary cabin !

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Ah the ambiance to be in a CLUB Suite instead of a balcony cabin !

A bathtub with shower instead of a shower -

Caution may have to step over a high wall instead of a 4 inch drain retrainment

Maybe a few more square INCHES of cabin space -

And the promotional perks - Flowers? Chocolate Strawberries? A Free -1- time Laundry -

AND that fabulous 16 month old aged LAME Duck Champagne best neutered with orange juice -

And then the water in paper cartons (or maybe that is cartoons) instead of plastic bottles

Yes that is a good thing for the environment - what does aged pulp taste like ?

Lastly the location - any better than a balcony - same view ?

But darling we are in a CLUB Suite not just an ordinary cabin !

It's actually about 80 square feet larger than a balcony. About 65 more square feet in the cabin and approx. 15 more on the balcony. But definitely not a suite!!

• Like 4

as i said, it's just a renamed mini suite. they were about 80sq ft larger than the regular balcony  cabin     and included a couch that could be made into a bed for  3rd person. i dont believe ncl spent any time, money or effort to redo their mini-suites, just renamed them club suites

a rose by any other name.

so please dont be fooled into thinking yo are getting anything terrifically extra. the mini suites were nice, i'm sure the so called club suites (same same) are still nice. 

• Like 1

Sorry, not at all familiar with Club Balcony Suite. Can someone who is familiar please help me understand if there is any access to areas or amenities that regular balcony rooms do not have? I am reading Cruise Critic description and it seems to say there is. 

6 minutes ago, Jane T said:

Sorry, not at all familiar with Club Balcony Suite. Can someone who is familiar please help me understand if there is any access to areas or amenities that regular balcony rooms do not have? I am reading Cruise Critic description and it seems to say there is. 

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

We were in a club last week on Encore after getting our upgrade bid approved. Our extras included the warm bottle of sparkling wine (which we left), the tray of cookies, and tray of 4 assorted goodies. No boxes of water were left for us. Did use the one bag of laundry, and did not try room service. The extra room in the bathroom & shower was nice, though took some time to figure out with all those wall jets.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 11:30 PM, BirdTravels said:

Almost all of the additional space is in the bathroom. At this for this cruise, there was no additional amenities in the bathroom (used to have that lemongrass soap bar and tube of hand cream).

image.png.e5c90e636e8716cf80510a1f55d559a5.png

I'm a big guy.  I typically sail in a balcony by myself, which is a good thing because I couldn't use the toilet with the door closed (sorry, TMI I know!)  This looks positively wonderful.

dear jane t. the answer to your question is "no" you only get the bottle of sparkling wine (which from the other posts aint no big deal) a free bag of laundry or pressing service and some food.

club suites are not----repeat after me, not suites, haven or otherwise and do not include any of the amenities that come with the real suite category cabins.

again, a club suite is just a renamed mini suite (with a fresh coat of paint)  sorry. i do believe however you are entitled to book dinner reservations and shows earlier.

all that being said, however, if you are able, i suggest you consider booking a haven if you are looking for all the extra perks. the only draw back is you will never be satisfied with a lessor category cabin

On 8/24/2021 at 4:09 AM, complawyer said:

as i said, it's just a renamed mini suite. they were about 80sq ft larger than the regular balcony  cabin     and included a couch that could be made into a bed for  3rd person.

Standard balconies also have a couch which can be made into a bed for a third person. The only difference Is that on older ships (mainly Jewel class) the couch is longer in club suites, so the person sleepss with their feet pointing towards the balcony door rt=ather than out into the room. This means that they don't block the balcony door as much.

When our son was younger we used to book Mini Suites in these rooms for this reason.

Now the only reason for booking a club suite would be for specific cabins, such as the ones with large balconies on the Breakaway class. In that case any club suite amenities are irrelevant.

Edited by KeithJenner

On 8/29/2021 at 2:33 AM, Zippeedee said:

Is there a way to know in advance which have showers and which have tubs? The tub on the Gem was so high sided and skinny bottomed that I showered in the spa. Grateful I had that spa pass!

I'm not even 5 ft tall....I hated the mini-suite on the Gem because of the tub.  Never again.........

You have to do your homework....read reviews, look at floor plans and watch youtube videos.  The BA didn't have a tub; I have a cruise booked for the Getaway in this category...no tub. 

• Like 2

I just got back yesterday from 7 nights from the Jade Greek Isles itinerary in a Club Balcony Room ...

These are the perks I received ...

Two treats delivered (one was gourmet ... one was cookies from buffet)

Bottle of sparkling wine

A "special" bar of soap and hand cream

One bag of laundry OR 1 bag of pressing

There is a high-stepping tub with shower doors

Robes

Coffee set up in cabin

I was told room service was not included (comp) with the exception of continental breakfast (if you enjoy tea there is no designated pot and the water smelled like coffee)

I was also told that I could help myself to the water ... As platinum plus we already received two cartons each ... I was hesitant utilizing anything with a price on it

Edited by babba
  • Like 1