The Daily for Thursday August 26, 2021

richwmn

Good morning all. Hope today is a better day for those who have been canceled. It is heartbreaking when that happens. Thanks Rich for the Daily. While I was readying it went from two pages to four so will post now before it gets too long. 

• Like 18

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

Great collection of days today and will celebrate Dog Day the most. 
6721C5B0-EAC9-4BA8-8BC3-4FA7CB68B6F5.thumb.jpeg.f80a3450378d23bdf8aeca34605b084c.jpeg

As you can see Blue rules the roost. 

I have some last minute things to do today before our early flight tomorrow morning so I’m keeping this short. Have a great day everyone!

PS~~I’ll try and post when I can but probably won’t read much of the Daily while I’m gone. I like to disconnect while on vacation. And I’m not a “Live From” type of poster on CC, I’m happier staying here on the Daily. 

• Like 29

Good morning and thanks all!  
@mamaofami so glad you got a vaccinated aide,  but the bureaucracy is insane, so sorry you have to deal with this! 
@cat shepard hope all goes well for your friend!  My DSIL starts radiation today and is waiting to find out if she will do chemo.  
@grapau27 are you two lovebirds on a cruise?  
@kazu glad you mentioned about peppers flowers being white,  as my purple jalapeños are also purple I thought they all were, lol!  I guess I thought you had planted those before, so we will both see what our DHs think? 

Yes to dogs day,  although our son’s dog has turned into a real mouser,  she catches one or a vole often  in our provincial park.   

087134C1-8469-4981-BB47-F9DBD416B767.jpeg

9D2BD44B-C361-4B9B-8755-35B317606493.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I don't think so.  I'm hoping it starts working better now because DH figured out not only was my wireless mouse working but the touchpad on the laptop was working at the same time.  There was a huge hunt to find the way to turn off the touchpad (Microsoft updates seem to change everything on a computer).  Once he found a way to turn the touchpad off I then only had the wireless mouse controlling things.  So far here in my first post since the change it all seems to be working flawlessly!  Knocking on wood!!🙂

Excellent!!

Oh that will do it for sure - if both are on.  I never even thought of that!  Glad your DH did 👍 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days! I'm all for women's equality. I don't have a dog, but will celebrate them. And we often need to make our own luck. Great quote.

I'll pass on the carby casserole and the drinks. I think I'll take Roy's meal.

I have not been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures.

Also great to see all the dog pictures.

We had big thunderstorms yesterday afternoon, with some minor flooding in areas. My water company called for the 2nd day this morning about work in my area and possibly no water. 

I scheduled my vaccine booster shot for tomorrow; I'm 5 (almost 6) months out from my 2nd shot, but since I'm considered immunocompromised I'm able to get it now.

@dfish Exciting to begin your packing!

@aliaschief Glad you arrived in time. The Atlanta airport is always very busy.

@JAM37 Welcome to CC and the Daily. There is an app, but I've heard it has a lot of issues. Maybe others can chime in about that.

@cat shepard Prayers for your friend.

@mamaofami Great news that you found a vaccinated aide for Sam! Sorry you're still going through all that with the insurance. Is there any way to fax or email your copies of your checks from a printer or computer?

@ger_77 Oh my on the dollar store hair color, lol. 

@AncientWanderer You can do it! My last cruise in 2019 I didn't gain any weight, but sadly that was because of medication side effects on my stomach such that I couldn't eat much.

@StLouisCruisers Yay. Hoping all is fixed now. How is Tyler?

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone. Wear your mask. We have another 266 new cases in the last 24 hours in our county.

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JAM37 said:

Thank you. We bought our home here in 2017, but only moved in March of this year when my husband retired. I have already found Cruise Critic helpful and that's just what I have read on the HAL boards. I can only imagine how much I will learn exploring this site. 

Welcome to cruise critic.

You made a great choice in joining.

Graham.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@JazzyV great news about your booster shot tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to getting a jab this fall.  We're eligible in early October.

Tyler is doing fantastic!  Thanks for asking.  He says he has no pain in his back or legs, just a little discomfort in the incision area.  I'm so glad there wasn't any damage to his nerve.

• Like 21

27 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Thursday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

6721C5B0-EAC9-4BA8-8BC3-4FA7CB68B6F5.thumb.jpeg.f80a3450378d23bdf8aeca34605b084c.jpeg

I have some last minute things to do today before our early flight tomorrow morning so I’m keeping this short. Have a great day everyone!

PS~~I’ll try and post when I can but probably won’t read much of the Daily while I’m gone. I like to disconnect while on vacation. And I’m not a “Live From” type of poster on CC, I’m happier staying here on the Daily. 

Wishing you a lovely vacation and can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tyler is doing fantastic!  Thanks for asking.  He says he has no pain in his back or legs, just a little discomfort in the incision area.  I'm so glad there wasn't any damage to his nerve.

Excellent news!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bennybear said:

@kazu glad you mentioned about peppers flowers being white,  as my purple jalapeños are also purple I thought they all were, lol!  I guess I thought you had planted those before, so we will both see what our DHs think

Oh that’s interesting, Brenda.  I’ve done lots of chilies but this is the first year for Black Pearls.  All my other chilies have/had white flowers 🙂 

I hope our DH’s aren’t disappointed.

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Safe travels and have a WONDERFUL cruise 🙂 

• Like 10

37 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Have a wonderful cruise. Will be looking forward to reading about it when you return. 

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@mamaofami so glad you got a vaccinated aide,  but the bureaucracy is insane, so sorry you have to deal with this! 
@cat shepard hope all goes well for your friend!  My DSIL starts radiation today and is waiting to find out if she will do chemo.  
@grapau27 are you two lovebirds on a cruise?  
@kazu glad you mentioned about peppers flowers being white,  as my purple jalapeños are also purple I thought they all were, lol!  I guess I thought you had planted those before, so we will both see what our DHs think? 

Yes to dogs day,  although our son’s dog has turned into a real mouser,  she catches one or a vole often  in our provincial park.   

087134C1-8469-4981-BB47-F9DBD416B767.jpeg

9D2BD44B-C361-4B9B-8755-35B317606493.jpeg

Thank you bennybear.

For our 40th wedding anniversary we spent 4 night's on P&O Britannia doing a seacation cruise around the South coast of England.

We dined every night in the Epicurean speciality restaurant which was fantastic.

Pauline doesn't like me saying when we are away.

Graham.

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 25

20 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@JazzyV great news about your booster shot tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to getting a jab this fall.  We're eligible in early October.

Great news about Tyler.

Graham.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you bennybear.

For our 40th wedding anniversary we spent 4 night's on P&O Britannia doing a seacation cruise around the South coast of England.

We dined every night in the Epicurean speciality restaurant which was fantastic.

Pauline doesn't like me saying when we are away.

Graham.

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

That's fabulous!  So glad you were able to sail for your anniversary.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days! I'm all for women's equality. I don't have a dog, but will celebrate them. And we often need to make our own luck. Great quote.

I'll pass on the carby casserole and the drinks. I think I'll take Roy's meal.

I have not been to today's destination. Thanks for the pictures.

Also great to see all the dog pictures.

We had big thunderstorms yesterday afternoon, with some minor flooding in areas. My water company called for the 2nd day this morning about work in my area and possibly no water. 

I scheduled my vaccine booster shot for tomorrow; I'm 5 (almost 6) months out from my 2nd shot, but since I'm considered immunocompromised I'm able to get it now.

@dfish Exciting to begin your packing!

@aliaschief Glad you arrived in time. The Atlanta airport is always very busy.

@JAM37 Welcome to CC and the Daily. There is an app, but I've heard it has a lot of issues. Maybe others can chime in about that.

@cat shepard Prayers for your friend.

@mamaofami Great news that you found a vaccinated aide for Sam! Sorry you're still going through all that with the insurance. Is there any way to fax or email your copies of your checks from a printer or computer?

@ger_77 Oh my on the dollar store hair color, lol. 

@AncientWanderer You can do it! My last cruise in 2019 I didn't gain any weight, but sadly that was because of medication side effects on my stomach such that I couldn't eat much.

@StLouisCruisers Yay. Hoping all is fixed now. How is Tyler?

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe everyone. Wear your mask. We have another 266 new cases in the last 24 hours in our county.

Good luck with your vaccine booster jab tomorrow.

Graham 

• Like 10

Morning to all.... it is still morning but not by much. I slept in this morning after a late night at the Humane Society fund raiser. It went well. Our silent auction items went well over what we expected, donations were good and there were about 220 people there (outside venue!!!). And I do enjoy a spring band. Weather was great. We did get one senior dog adopted. He was so well behaved and several people fell in love with him.  It will be formalized today.

The macaws are still with us. Getting the blood work is taking a long time. We are getting attached to them - there are going to be tears when they go.

I have not been to today's destination and the meal does not really excite me. Like others, I find it too high in carbs. I would love a good steak. Maybe I will have to add those to my shopping list when I go to our local meat market. Right now I am working my way through some fish from the freezer. Salmon tonight.... cod tomorrow.

Susan

Edited by durangoscots
  • Like 20

@JAM37 Welcome to CC and especially to the Daily.  If there is any thread I read each day, it is this one.  

@cat shepard  Best wishes to your friend undergoing chemotherapy.  Wishing her all the best.

@StLouisCruisers You have a boat load to celebrate.  First, Tyler doing so well deserves cake, ice cream, balloons and a band.   Second, I'm glad your DH figures out the problems with the keyboard.  

@garlictown We didn't say we'd be right back to my sister's dog, Moose.  We always told him to guard the castle.  He had a job to do while we were gone.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Yes, this is such a relief!  I was getting so frustrated trying to type and everything was out of my control!

I never even consider the internal mouse being the problem.  Maybe that is because I have an external keyboard and mouse, so when I type, my hands are not moving over the internal mouse.  I only use the built in keyboard when we are in the motorhome and I don't want to drag the other keyboard along.

That is also great news about Tyler.  If you have to have back surgery, this minimally invasive is the safest.

Lenda

• Like 13