The Daily for Thursday August 26, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Does your friend live in the Baltimore area?  Is there extensive travel involved in the treatment?

Roy

No Roy. One of her neighbors is driving her to JH. She lives close to Lake Montebello, North of the downtown area. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you bennybear.

For our 40th wedding anniversary we spent 4 night's on P&O Britannia doing a seacation cruise around the South coast of England.

We dined every night in the Epicurean speciality restaurant which was fantastic.

Pauline doesn't like me saying when we are away.

Graham.

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

I’m so happy to hear that you and Pauline were able to celebrate your special anniversary on a cruise! 🥂
And she is very smart not to advertise that you’re away from home until AFTER the fact.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@mamaofami so glad you got a vaccinated aide,  but the bureaucracy is insane, so sorry you have to deal with this! 
@cat shepard hope all goes well for your friend!  My DSIL starts radiation today and is waiting to find out if she will do chemo.  
@grapau27 are you two lovebirds on a cruise?  
@kazu glad you mentioned about peppers flowers being white,  as my purple jalapeños are also purple I thought they all were, lol!  I guess I thought you had planted those before, so we will both see what our DHs think? 

Yes to dogs day,  although our son’s dog has turned into a real mouser,  she catches one or a vole often  in our provincial park.   

087134C1-8469-4981-BB47-F9DBD416B767.jpeg

9D2BD44B-C361-4B9B-8755-35B317606493.jpeg

She’s beautiful.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning!  Not very pretty outside - it's gray and hazy instead.  Thanks @richwmnfor the Daily today.  We have a very specific destination today with the daylight passing of Mt. Pelee.  Too bad if you passed it during the nighttime hours though that might be more exciting if the volcano were active.  I don't recall having passed Mt. Pelee before so no photos from me.  Thanks for the photos already shown though.

Women's Equality Day is of course very important.  No one wants to feel like a second class citizen.  Cheers to all the dogs today as they celebrate National Dog Day.  I try to make my own luck any day of the week.  

Today's casserole selection doesn't appeal to me so I'll have to go with the steak.  Thanks @rafinmdfor our lists.  I hope all on the Care list improve with our prayers and cheers to those celebrating something today.  

Nothing exciting to report today, so that could be a good thing.  I'm using Edge instead of Chrome to post here and it hasn't helped at all.  It's taking me so long to do anything anymore with this crazy keyboard.  Probably something I did to it.  About a month ago I splashed a little peach tea on it when I forgot to put the lid on tightly on my insulated mug.  I cleaned it up thoroughly including absorbing droplets from the edges of the keys but I think that has come back to haunt me.😟

Not a computer geek, but is your keyboard wireless? Mine started doing funky things and it turned out it needed a new battery. Of course peach tea might still be the culprit 😁

Edit: reading late today and going from last to first, so I saw you are talking about your laptop. Well there goes my theory.

St Louis Sal

Edited by St. Louis Sal
  • Like 4

Thanks for all the daily news, photos and humour.

@JAM37 Welcome to Cruise Critic, and to the friendly  Daily threads.

@cat shepardhope the treatment will be successful for your friend.

@Sharon in AZhave a fabulous cruise.

@grapau27 how super to celebrate your Anniversary with a cruise.  At which port did you board the ship?

Today is the Cancer Society Daffodil Day here in NZ, but because of being in lockdown the usual street collection for donations and sales of daffodils has had to be cancelled, so people are being urged to donate on line instead.

It's a damp foggy day, temperature high of 9 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Good evening all!

Getting late, but I wanted to post before bedtime.

I don’t know if others read the Daily like I do when I’m late and there are a lot of pages. I read Rich’s morning page, catch Roy’s concern and celebration lists, and check the entree, the wine. and the drink. Thank you @dfish@cat shepard@summer slope Then I go to the last page and read my way back. Crazy I know.

I wish women were truly equal in the eyes of the law as well as everyday living. (Still hear the echo of the supervisor when I started a new job, “well we’ve never had a woman do this job before.” *sigh*)  I have made my own luck, never lucky with things like lottery tickets.  Of course it’s National Dog Day every day in this household.

Welcome aboard @JAM37 !

@kazuI love your plants, they are so beautiful and you take such good care of them. One summer we decided on a last minute cruise and my neighbor offered to water all my hanging baskets for me. I was embarrassed at how much better they looked when she took care of them 😊

It’s been a busy week. My dinner talk last night at the Optimist’s netted our food pantry $500 with more promised, a successful evening! 

Prayers for all on our concern list 🙏 And no wine handy, but I will toast with some spring water for all the celebrating. 

St Louis Sal

P. S. Here is a Fritz picture in honor of National Dog Day. We used it when he announced his presidential candidacy in 2019 😂.  I figured he was just as qualified and in a spirit of diversity he planned to choose a cat as his running mate.

809C2AD2-C0FE-48B2-B1BD-B75B1A0A10F0.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

After all the appliance woes the past year, I felt I had to post this when I saw it on Facebook.

May be an image of indoor and text that says '2021 appliances: Break within 2 years. 1980 Refrigerator: I will outlive you & everyone you love. I am eternal. I am time itself.'

Lenda

The uglier those things were, the longer they lasted. I was “lucky”  enough to have avocado green at one house and harvest gold at another. 🤢

St Louis Sal

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you bennybear.

For our 40th wedding anniversary we spent 4 night's on P&O Britannia doing a seacation cruise around the South coast of England.

We dined every night in the Epicurean speciality restaurant which was fantastic.

Pauline doesn't like me saying when we are away.

Graham.

IMG_20210825_201621.jpg

IMG_20210823_080003.jpg

How lovely to celebrate at sea!  Pauline is right!  But you knew that!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, St. Louis Sal said:

The uglier those things were, the longer they lasted. I was “lucky”  enough to have avocado green at one house and harvest gold at another. 🤢

St Louis Sal

I think you figured out the algorithm!   How lucky for you to have experienced both decors.   I just had harvest gold in this house.  Previously I had mud brown.  This house then went through the almond phase and now it has stainless, mainly because it is hard to get anything else.   

• Like 7

Thank you everyone for your Bon Voyage wishes.  We are all ready to wake up at 3:00 am.  I'm going to try to go to bed early but I haven't been sleeping well lately, too much on my mind, guess I'm part of "that" club.  I'll post a few pictures here and there.  So excited!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

St Louis Sal

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I think you figured out the algorithm!   How lucky for you to have experienced both decors.   I just had harvest gold in this house.  Previously I had mud brown.  This house then went through the almond phase and now it has stainless, mainly because it is hard to get anything else.   

I think you are both right.  When we bought our first house in 1970, we got avocado green appliances.  The refrigerator moved with us several times, once even sharing the kitchen with a copper tone stove and dishwasher.  In about 1987 DH and DBIL painted the refrigerator almond and moved it to the townhouse where we had our office and guest quarters for visiting relatives and business associates.  When we moved in 1999, that refrigerator was still going strong.  And, DBIL still has the freezer we got on the early 1980s.

We are now on the second refrigerator since we moved here, but we figured out how to fix the second one when the control panel quit. It helps that DH is handy.

Lendai

• Like 11

7 hours ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for all the daily news, photos and humour.

@JAM37 Welcome to Cruise Critic, and to the friendly  Daily threads.

@cat shepardhope the treatment will be successful for your friend.

@Sharon in AZhave a fabulous cruise.

@grapau27 how super to celebrate your Anniversary with a cruise.  At which port did you board the ship?

Today is the Cancer Society Daffodil Day here in NZ, but because of being in lockdown the usual street collection for donations and sales of daffodils has had to be cancelled, so people are being urged to donate on line instead.

It's a damp foggy day, temperature high of 9 C.

Stay safe, take care everyone.

Thank you.

We embarked and disembarked from Southampton England.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

I’m so happy to hear that you and Pauline were able to celebrate your special anniversary on a cruise! 🥂
And she is very smart not to advertise that you’re away from home until AFTER the fact.

I only post on CC and TripAdvisor.

Pauline was advised by an insurance loss adjuster never to post on social media you are away from home.

Graham.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

I think you are both right.  When we bought our first house in 1970, we got avocado green appliances.  The refrigerator moved with us several times, once even sharing the kitchen with a copper tone stove and dishwasher.  In about 1987 DH and DBIL painted the refrigerator almond and moved it to the townhouse where we had our office and guest quarters for visiting relatives and business associates.  When we moved in 1999, that refrigerator was still going strong.  And, DBIL still has the freezer we got on the early 1980s.

We are now on the second refrigerator since we moved here, but we figured out how to fix the second one when the control panel quit. It helps that DH is handy.

Lendai

Coppertone!   I guess it wasn't really mud brown.  

• Like 2

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily.

I am a true believer that to not forgive only hurts yourself. As others have mentioned, it isn't always easy, forgiving doesn't mean we have to forget and it is wise to remove toxic people from our lives no matter who it is. Two years ago my DH and I had a conversation and decided that we are no longer going to allow anyone to steal our joy. Unfortunately, that has meant cutting ties with some friends and family who were draining us emotionally.

I love almost all types of seafood, but not in soup or stew so I will pass on today's meal.

@StLouisCruisers beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.

I have never been to today's destination, but hope to some day.

DH has been suffering from Covid, Delta variant, for almost three weeks, so I will continue taking extra care of him today. He said he actually feels better this morning whereas the last two days he was saying he felt worse than ever. So, I am very grateful to hear him say he feels better and just hope it continues.

Praying for all on the care list. Thinking especially of the families of those who lost loved ones in Kabul.

Cheers for the celebrations.

Blessings to all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Coppertone!   I guess it wasn't really mud brown.  

My parents had the coppertone appliances in the 1960's.  I had an avocado fridge and stove in the 70's, left them at our house and bought harvest gold ones next.  That was followed by almond sets.  After that we had two homes with paneled fronts to match the cabinets so they start with basic black and the panels are added.  Finally stainless steel.  In the meantime we bought a second 'fridge in 1996 in white to keep either in a laundry room or garage and that white Amana is still with us!  25 years!  It holds beverages and overflows from the kitchen.  Knocking on wood it remains in good shape!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JAM37 said:

Good morning. Thank you for the Daily.

I am a true believer that to not forgive only hurts yourself. As others have mentioned, it isn't always easy, forgiving doesn't mean we have to forget and it is wise to remove toxic people from our lives no matter who it is. Two years ago my DH and I had a conversation and decided that we are no longer going to allow anyone to steal our joy. Unfortunately, that has meant cutting ties with some friends and family who were draining us emotionally.

I love almost all types of seafood, but not in soup or stew so I will pass on today's meal.

@StLouisCruisers beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.

I have never been to today's destination, but hope to some day.

DH has been suffering from Covid, Delta variant, for almost three weeks, so I will continue taking extra care of him today. He said he actually feels better this morning whereas the last two days he was saying he felt worse than ever. So, I am very grateful to hear him say he feels better and just hope it continues.

Praying for all on the care list. Thinking especially of the families of those who lost loved ones in Kabul.

Cheers for the celebrations.

Blessings to all.

Prayers for your husband who has been down with Covid this month.  I've heard it can drag on and on.  He's blessed to have a good "nurse" to care for him.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, puppycanducruise said:

@grapau27Wonderful news that you and Pauline had a little anniversary cruise.  It looked like you had a great time.

Thanks Melanie.

We had 2 nights in Newbury and went to Highclere castle where Downton abbey was filmed.

We then had 2 nights pre- cruise in Southampton.

Then we had a very relaxing 4 night's cruise getting on on our anniversary day.

We had 1 night post cruise in Southampton and have just got home after a 7 hour drive.

Best wishes to yourself,Jim and Bertie.

Graham.

• Like 3