New Back2Back protocol

HicksRA

3 hours ago, barbeyg said:

If I am not mistaken, in the past, B2B guests have, at times, had to get off and get right back on, after scanning cards. 🙂 I’m sure I will be corrected if wrong.

This may partly have to do with the islands requiring vaccination proof for the passengers and the cruise lines having to say they have seen all the cards for each cruise, or a new requirement by the CDC. It would be just like government bureaucracy bloat to have something to do with it as well. 

Then the shell-shocked cruise lines overreact by taking things a step further, and demand that passengers go thru the disgust of packing and unpacking repeatedly. I’ve seen debacles like this in corporate meetings one time too many. 😂

Hello,

B2B cruisers do not have to get off the ship on changeover day in the UK, it's all done on board (until now). Passengers may disembark if they choose to go shopping/ do business or just a change of scene.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

In my opinion it would make more sense to just have the B2B guests to to the medical center the last day of their first cruise and get a test done there.  

Hello,

That's what happened on Celebrity Silhouette in July - simple.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

Hello,

This is the bit that's p*ssing me off at the moment: Returning passengers "will be welcomed back onboard during their check-in time".

Why not give all the returning (B2B) passengers a check-in time of 12.00? After all, we (I will be on 19th September) will have been there since the early hours of the morning and don't really want to rattle around the departure terminal until 4.00 in the afternoon if that's the only slot left when they (I) come to check in.

At the moment I cannot check-in - there is a problem on my booking and two telephone calls to customer service and three emails and one on-line form have got me no further forward.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

This is the bit that's p*ssing me off at the moment: Returning passengers "will be welcomed back onboard during their check-in time".

Why not give all the returning (B2B) passengers a check-in time of 12.00? After all, we (I will be on 19th September) will have been there since the early hours of the morning and don't really want to rattle around the departure terminal until 4.00 in the afternoon if that's the only slot left when they (I) come to check in.

At the moment I cannot check-in - there is a problem on my booking and two telephone calls to customer service and three emails and one on-line form have got me no further forward.

Regards,

Cublet

I think you should just not dissect every sentence and see what actually happens with upcoming cruises.  It doesn't say that passengers have to book a check in time.  By "their" check in time they could easily be referring to b2b boarding time.  But, with Covid protocols for cleaning, they probably plan to have b2bers wait in the terminal to reboard.  Currently, first boarding time is 1 pm due to cleaning.  And, it's not unheard of for b2bers having to wait a bit before boarding.  As I posted previously, we had to wait in the suite area for about 20 min before we could reboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mauraoel said:

I see they also addressed Side to Sides in the email, so now we know that they will test onboard for your next cruise... as long as it is within three days.

Glad to see it in writing.  Earlier this month, I was able to take the test on Freedom before getting on the Odyssey the next day.

Good news about the luggage situation. If anyone is on a Mariner 3 and 4 night  B2B during the first two weeks of September, would you please post the protocols in place for turnaround day. We would really appreciate knowing the details before we board on September 13. Thanks.

Joanmarie

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Like I said earlier, 'their' can have multiple meanings. Chill

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BND said:

That's what I thought at first til I saw they've been a member since 2014, but this was just their first post.  

Personally, I would never be able to remember a user name or associated password that I created 7 years ago and never used.  I have a hard enough time remembering my real name even without a password and I use that quite often.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

Personally, I would never be able to remember a user name or associated password that I created 7 years ago and never used.  I have a hard enough time remembering my real name even without a password and I use that quite often.

Lots of folks log in and don't post😉

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Lots of folks log in and don't post😉

Yep.  Lots of lurkers.  My DH has only posted a few times and not at all the last few years on an account he's had almost as long as I have.  Some people just use the site for information and have no interest (or time) to post.

• Like 1

Our next B2B is our second , including the Nov Dec 2020 B2b which was to be our first  but was canceled.  I really liked the concept of having a choice to stay on board or get off and do an excursion during the day, especially after I was told that the B2B'ers in the past  had a special meeting the day before where cards etc were issued

And finally we have the time.

Now all they have to do is test us at that alleged meeeitng, which by 2022, will not be the PCR test which does not differentiate between flu or Covid, and the new test wil not have has many false positives. And is faster, better, cheaper. Please

It makes the trip a breeze compared to doing a city to city bus rail or plane type of land based trip.

Since our trip is next spring, we have plenty of time to soak in all the  changes good or not so good.

Gosh, I do hope thngs get much better over the next few months for many reasons.

what I have observed, after a 2 decade hiatus away from cruising, is working with the  RCL "front office" is usually a royal PITA, except for a few fantastic folks. Feast or Famine there. Once past that experince, once you board the ship, it exceeds your raised expectations. Thats good. People are well trained and very nice.

Another reason to avoid going thru the rigamarole  of getting  off with or without luggage between sailings on turnaround day. Us older senious who have the time for B2b might not have all the energy to schlep luggage or spend time just standing around.

This post is intended for management at RCL and its subsidiaries to see. I have tried investor relations but they never get back to me.

Edited by HMR74

20 hours ago, discru said:

Seriously???!!  And then wait in terminal, or in the parking lot...?, for hours before you can reboard at whatever ur check-in time is..??What??!!?  What happened to testing during your first leg of cruise to qualify for the 2nd leg?

We got the same email but then a second e mail came, corrections you dont have pack and get out

You can leave everything in cabin then check back in.

I will not trusr them we are cancelling both cruises.

We were looking forward to it.The cruises were Sep 19 and Dec 26 from Bayonne.

Hope this help.

7 hours ago, barbeyg said:

If I am not mistaken, in the past, B2B guests have, at times, had to get off and get right back on, after scanning cards. 🙂 I’m sure I will be corrected if wrong.

This may partly have to do with the islands requiring vaccination proof for the passengers and the cruise lines having to say they have seen all the cards for each cruise, or a new requirement by the CDC. It would be just like government bureaucracy bloat to have something to do with it as well. 

Then the shell-shocked cruise lines overreact by taking things a step further, and demand that passengers go thru the disgust of packing and unpacking repeatedly. I’ve seen debacles like this in corporate meetings one time too many. 😂

Know many are Lucky and not got off but 50+ B2B I've done always had get off, only once kept walking right back on. All other times had sit in Terminal for 10-45min. Still hoping for the new 2.0 change where its same as this and don't have to pack up each leg, especially as in same Cabin

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I seem to recall a lurking first time poster at about 12 years being the longest.

Some like to watch the Train Wrecks... Though from 1997-2013 had less then 50 posts myself on here

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Know many are Lucky and not got off but 50+ B2B I've done always had get off, only once kept walking right back on. All other times had sit in Terminal for 10-45min. Still hoping for the new 2.0 change where its same as this and don't have to pack up each leg, especially as in same Cabin

That's our experience (one time lol) and many other's I've talked to.  I'm not sure why some think you don't ever have to get off.  Even if it's just to keep walking, you have to scan your card as you leave, do some kind of immigration thing and scan your new card when you board.  Any other way was unique to a specific situation for a very few.

And, once again, we have people panicking and cancelling without finding out what is actually happening.  

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

Glad they came to their senses.  Making everyone get off and hang around together in one area for several hours with bags would just add to risk. 
Love that they addressed the side to side cruises too.

We don’t have any B2B’s scheduled right now but have loved them in the past whether we’ve had to change cabins or not.  And we can’t wait for more after we retire. The end of the first cruise isn’t nearly so painful when you get to stay on.

7 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Ain't that the truth!  I would pay someone to pack and unpack my luggage from a trip.  I can't imagine being forced to go thru that over and over.  

I never take too much luggage with me. I mean if its a 10-12 day cruise I can do with a single backpack. If it takes longer than two weeks, usually its a small bag where I fit all my underwear, I wonder what others take with them when they carry 3-4 bags with them ..

4 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I never take too much luggage with me. I mean if its a 10-12 day cruise I can do with a single backpack. If it takes longer than two weeks, usually its a small bag where I fit all my underwear, I wonder what others take with them when they carry 3-4 bags with them ..

and here I thought I travelled lite with 2 dress slacks and 4 nice shirts and dressier shoes for a 14 nite cruise, and 3 pairs of shorts and good walking shoes for excursions, a few t shorts and the other essentials. And of course workout shorts and t shirt and shoes.  The shoes get me but I also take old t shirts and some old  shorts and toss them at near end of cruise.