New Back2Back protocol

HicksRA

7 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Guess we overpack.This is for two people for 19 nights (B2B) with hotel stay night before cruise. No flying. 

thats about what we take. of course, performance varies depending how you actually travel, eg, what if you are going to a cold  spot on the cruise or vice versa. I'll wear jeans on flight with sweat shirt  in winter and some sort of light weight jacket I can fold up but it stil takes up space.

and now a days, electronics and cords  take up space.

Thankfully I have an old 2.7 pound laptop that works well enough to take. Not sure what happens to that with windows 11.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Spent over an hour with a rep booking a B2B on Harmony for Dec.  It took that long to get our FCCs applied correctly and find a cabin we could use on both legs. Imagine how thrilled I was to log on here a few hours later and read the first email?😂.  Glad it was an “error” but how is it they make so many errors? 

Sherri🙂

The "error fairy" is good at her job :classic_wink:

43 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Guess we overpack.This is for two people for 19 nights (B2B) with hotel stay night before cruise. No flying. 

2472C7E7-CB88-48C6-BFFC-F1974B304A92.jpeg

This is also us....I just can't wrap my head around those that travel with a small carryon or backpack only. :classic_ohmy:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I never take too much luggage with me. I mean if its a 10-12 day cruise I can do with a single backpack. If it takes longer than two weeks, usually its a small bag where I fit all my underwear, I wonder what others take with them when they carry 3-4 bags with them ..

Underwear🤔

It's a cruise

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I think part of the the problem at rcl and other cruise lines and companies is the worker shortage due to extra payout and whatever.

The quick revision on this was a good sign when there is a problem affecting  many.

But I still can go nuts with those on the  phone at RCL and its a combination of new untrained workers and I know that because a few months back I had a problem  and when I called in I got seven different answers from 7 different agents and its not like you can just  go with the best answer given.

I finally found someone who knew exactly what she was saying and please forgive me for stating it this way but she did not have a strong  foreign accent (if you are going to problem solve you have to know what the problem is ) so we coudl understand each other.

Took her name down and the TA the next day confirmed what the TA said I could not do was doable. Thats what I mean when I talk about the front office frustrations vs once you get on the ship its magical (not necessarily Disney Magical)

I never take too much luggage with me. I mean if its a 10-12 day cruise I can do with a single backpack. If it takes longer than two weeks, usually its a small bag where I fit all my underwear, I wonder what others take with them when they carry 3-4 bags with them ..

Good grief, my medications could probably fill a backpack....  I'm a consummate over-packer.  Didn't used to be before I had kids.  But, after having kids and having to have diaper bags with all the contingencies, I can't seem to get away from the mind set. :classic_dry::classic_laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Underwear🤔

It's a cruise

if you do not mind wearing  the same things every day. ...

My old foreign business trips I took a carry on and 2 slacks and 2 business shirts and each night I had a pair cleaned and pressed.

Was worth it particularly going into India . landing at 2 in the AM along with 5 or 6 loaded 747's and I was able to move quickly around everybody in the arrival hall, in time to be depressed by the little kids in the dirt parking lot selling chicklets. I forgot a lot of aspects of those trips but remember that clearly. A real bummer.

1 minute ago, HMR74 said:

if you do not mind wearing  the same things every day. ...

My old foreign business trips I took a carry on and 2 slacks and 2 business shirts and each night I had a pair cleaned and pressed.

Was worth it particularly going into India . landing at 2 in the AM along with 5 or 6 loaded 747's and I was able to move quickly around everybody in the arrival hall, in time to be depressed by the little kids in the dirt parking lot selling chicklets. I forgot a lot of aspects of those trips but remember that clearly. A real bummer.

Oh, I bring clothes, but you can wear them again the 2nd week. New folks onboard 😉

Reminds me of the kids selling chicklets in Tijuana. 'If you won't buy, my dad will beat me'

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oh, I bring clothes, but you can wear them again the 2nd week. New folks onboard 😉

Reminds me of the kids selling chicklets in Tijuana. 'If you won't buy, my dad will beat me'

I figure 4 shirts 14  days means I cam almost get away w/o sending laundry out. But its the daytime shirts where you sweat up a storm that you probably have to do something. I have to do better with the magnet hooks and not waiting to rinse things  out. Too much hanging from ceiling.

but there are more fun things to do on board than doing the ez laundry.

• Like 1

I have one medium and one small toiletries bag myself. And even that is more than I want to pack over and over. 👍

Edited by barbeyg

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

2472C7E7-CB88-48C6-BFFC-F1974B304A92.jpeg

We normally take three 28" bags and two carryons (DH's back pack and my tote/computer bag) when we take the NE corridor train to NY/NJ for cruises and a few days in NYC.  Out of Baltimore, we usually take two 30" bags and our carryons since we drive there.  For FL, because we usually also go to Disney, we take more, but only take 2-3 bags on the ship. We take the Auto Train so we can take what fits in my SUV.  The rest stays in the car packed for WDW so we don't have to do laundry when we get there.  I couldn't do it with only a small carryon, not even a 5 day cruise.  I take my own toiletries, including shampoo/conditioner and travel hair dryer.  I also have to have a change of clothes for every day.  We sweat way too much in the Caribbean to wear the same thing twice.  We do send out our free bags of laundry for socks and underwear.  What we don't do is require a luggage cart. It's what we can handle just the two of us.

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, BND said:

We normally take three 28" bags and two carryons (DH's back pack and my tote/computer bag) when we take the NE corridor train to NY/NJ for cruises and a few days in NYC.  Out of Baltimore, we usually take two 30" bags and our carryons since we drive there.  For FL, because we usually also go to Disney, we take more, but only take 2-3 bags on the ship. We take the Auto Train so we can take what fits in my SUV.  The rest stays in the car packed for WDW so we don't have to do laundry when we get there.  I couldn't do it with only a small carryon, not even a 5 day cruise.  I take my own toiletries, including shampoo/conditioner and travel hair dryer.  I also have to have a change of clothes for every day.  We sweat way too much in the Caribbean to wear the same thing twice.  We do send out our free bags of laundry for socks and underwear.  What we don't do is require a luggage cart. It's what we can handle just the two of us.

Thankfully, the newest luggage is light weight and the wheels are great. We do carry a cheap carry on expandable bag in the event we buy things especially on the longer and more exotic trips. But then again, as we get older we do not buy much  and are cutting back on clutter.

My record dumb buy was a 7 by 10 flokatti rug I bought somewhere and they actually let me carry it on board as the  flight was almost empty, and the flight attendants wanted something to talk about. Northwest Orient.

11 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

Thankfully, the newest luggage is light weight and the wheels are great. We do carry a cheap carry on expandable bag in the event we buy things especially on the longer and more exotic trips. But then again, as we get older we do not buy much  and are cutting back on clutter.

My record dumb buy was a 7 by 10 flokatti rug I bought somewhere and they actually let me carry it on board as the  flight was almost empty, and the flight attendants wanted something to talk about. Northwest Orient.

Back in the early to mid 80's when my DH was active Navy and spent time in the Med, I flew over twice to spend two weeks with him. Once in Italy and once in France.  I had found a collapsible bag, about the size of a large gym back that zipped into about 8 inches by 8 inches by 3 inches.  I packed that to bring back souvenirs.  That was a great bag and fit easily in my luggage.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BND said:

Back in the early to mid 80's when my DH was active Navy and spent time in the Med, I flew over twice to spend two weeks with him. Once in Italy and once in France.  I had found a collapsible bag, about the size of a large gym back that zipped into about 8 inches by 8 inches by 3 inches.  I packed that to bring back souvenirs.  That was a great bag and fit easily in my luggage.  

I bought a big duffle for a lake trip this summer. Problem is with everything in it, it was too heavy! Luckily, my son in law was ther to do the heavy lifting.

Ya know, after a big dinner tonight, I thought about packing for a 25 night B2b. 16 has been the longest for us. I need to pack 2 sizes of slacks and shorts. Yeah, we are careful, but strange things happen on board ship. If the CDC was to real save lives, they would recommend that scales be positoned as you enter each restaurant, and you swipe your card, it goes into your record to follow your weight on the app or in the cabin TV. Cruise lines could cut out carbs, Two benefits, saves lives for eating too much and the ship saves money on food costs and probably a percent  or two on fuel costs.

(yea, I am joking around)

16 hours ago, BND said:

As you can see, people aren't read it before posting.  Lots of kneejerk reactions to the very first post.

That’s what a lot of people do. I’m sure all of us have done it at one time or another.

18 hours ago, BND said:

As you can see, people aren't read it before posting.  Lots of kneejerk reactions to the very first post.

Yep, time to shut this down...

• Haha 1