New Back2Back protocol

HicksRA

13 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Because we got on a ship and realized it wasn't so bad. Now we wonder why it's being made harder to get on said ship

If we were allowed to go, we’d do the new protocol.  It’s not ideal, but hopefully it’s only temporary.  Probably would bring less stuff too. 

9 minutes ago, atgood said:

If we were allowed to go, we’d do the new protocol.  It’s not ideal, but hopefully it’s only temporary.  Probably would bring less stuff too. 

Did you read the newly posted info?  They reversed the decision on taking luggage off.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

They didn't really reverse it. They just totally screwed up and announced something that wasn't true.

You know what I meant.  That's the same thing as reversing the original email.

15 hours ago, xxHadleyxx said:

I assume so if someone tests positive between sailings they will not be going back onboard while contagious to pacl up their belongings, etc.  I get that it is a PITA, but I also think it makes sense.

In my opinion it would make more sense to just have the B2B guests to to the medical center the last day of their first cruise and get a test done there.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Biker19 said:

SuperMario may not like this development. 

I wonder if he will leave Royal over it?

This could be a real problem for him especially if as has been reported accurately or inaccurately that he lugs a full PC tower around with not not just a laptop computer. It will be a real backache for him especially when you consider he gets the same cabin each trip for a period of time. Then again maybe be might move between different cruise ship brands as opposed to remaining loyal to royal going forward?. There where apparently people who moved around the different brands of ships to not be known for living onboard before this kicked off.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JsMom2 said:

In my opinion it would make more sense to just have the B2B guests to to the medical center the last day of their first cruise and get a test done there.  

That is how Odyssey did it last week.  Two weeks ago on the Freedom it was done in the library. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

I am always amazed with the lack of communication from Royal.  I have six B2B cruises in the next six months and I have received absolutely no INFO from Royal.about this.  Not the first time that I learn about something that Royal does from CC.

And you won't receive anything affecting your cruises til you get closer if they are affected. Go back a page and see the latest email that says luggage does NOT have to be taken off.  Also, this is for Sept cruises.  Nothing about protocols has been established for cruises after September yet.  

Edited by BND

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

This could be a real problem for him especially if as has been reported accurately or inaccurately that he lugs a full PC tower around with not not just a laptop computer. It will be a real backache for him especially when you consider he gets the same cabin each trip for a period of time. Then again maybe be might move between different cruise ship brands as opposed to remaining loyal to royal going forward?. There where apparently people who moved around the different brands of ships to not be known for living onboard before this kicked off.

Geez, go back a page people and quit just reading the first post.  They changed it again last night.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

They want to piss off their most valuable passengers to avoid bad PR? 

Do you reckon Mario will walk away over this? This will be terrible for him in particularly as he gets the same cabin for months on end. Plus he may lose a day of working every turn around day. He is probably the last one off the ship and the first one back on again no messing about and only what a 20 minute turn around?. Assuming he doesn't go to his condo in Miami that is.

18 minutes ago, BND said:

Did you read the newly posted info?  They reversed the decision on taking luggage off.

I just read the update.  Was reading the thread in order.  Been busy with other things lately.  

Even so, we’d do it if that’s RCI required.  We’d follow their rules, and do something else if we didn’t like them. 

Edited by atgood
  • Like 1

Spent over an hour with a rep booking a B2B on Harmony for Dec.  It took that long to get our FCCs applied correctly and find a cabin we could use on both legs. Imagine how thrilled I was to log on here a few hours later and read the first email?😂.  Glad it was an “error” but how is it they make so many errors? 

Sherri🙂

Just now, ace2542 said:

Do you reckon Mario will walk away over this? This will be terrible for him in particularly as he gets the same cabin for months on end. Plus he may lose a day of working every turn around day. He is probably the last one off the ship and the first one back on again no messing about and only what a 20 minute turn around?. Assuming he doesn't go to his condo in Miami that is.

GO READ the updated email.  It's a moot point now.  You didn't read the updates on the previous page yet, did you?

Just now, BND said:

And you won't receive anything affecting your cuirse til you get closer. Go back a page and see the latest email that says luggage does NOT have to be taken off.  Also, this is for Sept cruises.  Nothing about protocols has been established for cruises after September yet.  

My first B2B is in September.  In fact, it departs one week from today.  No INFO from Royal.

1 minute ago, BND said:

Geez, go back a page people and quit just reading the first post.  They changed it again last night.

Perhaps because Mario threatened to walk? Or his agent threatened to walk for him? Either way? Or did they just do an incorrect announcement and then walk it back?

Just now, smokeybandit said:

I know what you meant, but people reading this thread may not.

As you can see, people aren't read it before posting.  Lots of kneejerk reactions to the very first post.

5 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I believe this is his setup.

Screenshot_20210827-085619_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a696f46db7a0b175eb27b0813b87f7e6.jpg

Hopefully it has wheels🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 18

Just now, ace2542 said:

Perhaps because Mario threatened to walk? Or his agent threatened to walk for him? Either way? Or did they just do an incorrect announcement and then walk it back?

Will you let it go about Mario?  You're obsessed.  Lots of people complained.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1