Cocoa Beach

We've camped at Jetty Park campground a couple of times in our RV just so we can watch the ships go in and out.  And, the beach is beautiful.  Lots of people there during the day for sunbathing and swimming.  But as said before, Pt Canaveral is a sail out of port, not a sail  into port.  If you want to visit the Kennedy Space Center, come a day early or stay a day later.  It's an hour by car to Disney.  We're heading to Disney in February since it's been a few years since we've been there.  If you are concerned about covid or social distancing, best stay home.  Life is normal  no matter now the main stream media paints Florida.

9 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Unless you are sailing from Cape Liberty NJ then it's a cruise too port.

I am aware that ships make stops there.

Cocoa Beach is great place to live.

However it is a poor excuse for a ship to visit...

47 minutes ago, matj2000 said:

I am aware that ships make stops there.

Cocoa Beach is great place to live.

However it is a poor excuse for a ship to visit...

That's why you will never see me on an itinerary that stops there from NY NJ.  I laugh when people ask about the excursions to Disney World. Not worth the money you pay. You spend more time on the bus than in the park.  Years ago we split 4 days in Orlando and 4 days on a cruise from Port Canaveral. I remember the long drive during Love Bug season. Disney is a trip in itself.

14 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's why you will never see me on an itinerary that stops there from NY NJ.  I laugh when people ask about the excursions to Disney World. Not worth the money you pay. You spend more time on the bus than in the park.  Years ago we split 4 days in Orlando and 4 days on a cruise from Port Canaveral. I remember the long drive during Love Bug season. Disney is a trip in itself.

Space center is a decen ship's excursion if you get there by 11. Not so much if you arrive by 2

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Space center is a decen ship's excursion if you get there by 11. Not so much if you arrive by 2

That's what I would do. I haven't been there since 1971.  How far in hours is it from the port?

• Like 1

There are a lot of things to do from Port Canaveral if you take the time to look.  Brevard County is home to the Indian River Lagoon, one of the most biodiverse estuaries in North America. There are also eco-cruises, and multiple vendors that offer Stand-Up Paddle Boarding, Parasailing, jet ski rentals, etc. in Cocoa Beach.

Brevard Zoo and Viera Wetlands (a very popular spot for birders), are approximately 30 minutes away by Uber or taxi. You could also visit Cocoa Village, a quaint shopping area about 20 minutes away, with many restaurants and micro-breweries.  

• Like 1

There was a great fro-yo place right on the main drag, I Dream of Yogurt.  Alas, it has closed.

It was I Dream of Jeannie themed, playing videos of the shows, with photos and autographs/greetings from all the actors.  Great place.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

There was a great fro-yo place right on the main drag, I Dream of Yogurt.  Alas, it has closed.

It was I Dream of Jeannie themed, playing videos of the shows, with photos and autographs/greetings from all the actors.  Great place.

It's a poke bowl place now. Sad

It was next door to the nudist motel🤣🤣

Edited by John&LaLa

Absolutely do the space center if you haven't been there recently. I originally visited in the 70's and it's quite an upgrade from what I experienced then. We spent at least three hours there and I could have spent longer, but we just got tired. It was quite the walk down memory lane as you experienced all over again the history of space travel. It kept triggering memories of what I was doing when I heard these actual events over the radio as a kid or saw the tracking of various space flights on TV.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Barbara Eden just turned 90 this week

Screenshot_20210826-111441_Facebook.thumb.jpg.e407d4e682fa0c7c79f2f0ed31fc340a.jpg

Oooh! I recognized that I dream Jeannie logo from slot machines, didn’t realize it was a tv show 😅

Edited by cnssu123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1