Updated CDC guidance

kearney

2 minutes ago, bajathree said:

The BinaxNOWTM COVID-19 Ag Card at home test  is going to be the way to go....and the cost is not $150 for a single test...it's a $150 for a pack of 6 tests.

That’s good to know and I know you are correct.  Sorry I am just so frustrated because every time we turn around it’s another roadblock.

We have 42 cruises under our belt and I really am ready to get back to it, but all these hoops are really wearing on me….and I am sure everyone else too.

So sorry if I came across snarky…..😢😢

• Like 4

I have enough problems getting the results in 3 days, let alone 2 days.  Does anyone have an explanation.

Did I read it right, that vaxxed Paxs do not need to get tested prior to disembarking.  If that is the case, RCL is saving money and could offset the antigen test cost at at the pier.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nelblu said:

Did I read it right, that vaxxed Paxs do not need to get tested prior to disembarking.  If that is the case, RCL is saving money and could offset the antigen test cost at at the pier.  

There’s no testing now other than if you need it to travel via means which require it (like flying back to from Nassau on Adventure). 

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

There’s no testing now other than if you need it to travel via means which require it (like flying back to from Nassau on Adventure). 

Was this a recent change.  I thought a test was needed for anyone re-entering the US.  

11 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

That’s good to know and I know you are correct.  Sorry I am just so frustrated because every time we turn around it’s another roadblock.

We have 42 cruises under our belt and I really am ready to get back to it, but all these hoops are really wearing on me….and I am sure everyone else too.

No worries...totally understand. We are well seasoned cruisers also and sharel the same frustration.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Easier yes….but paying $150 for a testing kit is just not fair to ask passengers to pay.  I can afford it, but it is the principal of it!! …

47 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

I agree….except with the charge!!  If they are going to make it so difficult they should bare some of the burden!!

Why should Royal burden the costs? If they did they would probably just increase the fare and people would be none the wiser. It would be nice if they tested at the pier and charged closer to the cost of actual test and labor. We ordered the 150.00 kit and for the 2 of us it will be a back up plan for our next 3 cruises.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kearney said:

I remember when they tried this on Edge... and they abandoned the idea after people stood in line for hours

I think this was a last minute thing and no one was very prepared of didn’t even find out or at the last minute that they needed to get tested.

18 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

That’s ok. You aren’t the only one nor the last including me. This covid crap can be stressful at times. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

Royal better make up their mind and notify if they do. I'm sailing 9/12 and our instruction is 3 days prior

In the SeaTrade Cruise News article it gives a date of Sept 13 for the new CDC recommendation of testing 48hrs prior. That also doesn't mean that the cruise lines are going to change this policy...but I would be prepared just in case.

Even vaccinated cruisers should be tested pre-cruise

For example, effective Sept. 13, CDC advises fully vaccinated passengers present a negative test (PCR or antigen) taken no more than two days before embarkation or to be tested at embarkation. Such testing is already required for unvaccinated passengers.

Many cruise lines are already requiring all passengers to be tested — either because that's always been their policy (Norwegian Cruise Line and MSC Cruises) or because it was recently instituted (Carnival Cruise Line, Celebrity Cruises, Princess Cruises, Royal Caribbean).

• Like 2

Found this under the masking mandate paragraphs, was it alway me like this or is this a recent change…(see part that’s in bold and underlined)…

Mask Use

At this time, all persons, including port personnel, crew, and passengers are advised that CDC’s Mask Order remains in effect and requires the wearing of masks on conveyances entering, traveling within, or leaving the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs. (see Maritime-specific Frequently Asked Questions).

• While the Order permits temporarily removing a mask for brief periods of time while eating or drinking, removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order.
Edited by dmwnc1959
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bajathree said:

The BinaxNOWTM COVID-19 Ag Card at home test  is going to be the way to go....and the cost is not $150 for a single test...it's a $150 for a pack of 6 tests.

So after you do this at home test what do you use to show that the test was negative? Do you save the test card and bring it with you?

4 minutes ago, dmwnc1959 said:

Found this under the masking mandate paragraphs, was it alway me like this or is this a recent change…(see part that’s in bold and underlined)…

Mask Use

At this time, all persons, including port personnel, crew, and passengers are advised that CDC’s Mask Order remains in effect and requires the wearing of masks on conveyances entering, traveling within, or leaving the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs. (see Maritime-specific Frequently Asked Questions).

• While the Order permits temporarily removing a mask for brief periods of time while eating or drinking, removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order.

It's always had that wording.

20 minutes ago, Floater4life said:

Royal better make up their mind and notify if they do. I'm sailing 9/12 and our instruction is 3 days prior

I'm sailing Sept. 6 on Oasis and would be pis--ed.  Made arrangements to be tested at Hospital.  E-mailed received today clearly indicated 3 days.

4 minutes ago, TonyaJune said:

I'm scheduled to sail on 9/12 out of New Jersey and have already scheduled my testing for 3 days prior to sailing.  Wonder if I should try to  change it to 2 days now. 😟    Ugh!

I'm in the same boat. All happy I'm checked in and scheduled the test .. 3 days before. . Leaving the day before you.

Says they suggest starting sept 13, right after us.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So after you do this at home test what do you use to show that the test was negative? Do you save the test card and bring it with you?

This is the proctored test they will email you a pdf or you can download it from the app.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You have a phone App called NAVICA that will have your test results. They also said they send you an e-mail with the results.

• Like 1

Just now, mauraoel said:

This is the proctored test they will email you a pdf or you can download it from the app.

Got it. But from what I read in the above chart it simply said home test. It did not mention the need to be proctored.

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Got it. But from what I read in the above chart it simply said home test. It did not mention the need to be proctored.

It does

• Self-tests, sometimes referred to as home tests or at-home tests, are tests performed by an individual at home or anywhere outside of a CLIA-certified laboratory and are only permitted for pre-embarkation testing for fully vaccinated passengers.
  • Self-collection of the sample is permitted with the following stipulations:
    • Self-collection must be permitted in the IFU.
    • The specimen must be collected under the observation of trained medical staff.
    • Trained medical staff may only observe the collection of a single individual at a time.
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm in the same boat. All happy I'm checked in and scheduled the test .. 3 days before. . Leaving the day before you.

Says they suggest starting sept 13, right after us.

Hopefully they are planning on starting on September 13th.  Where did you read that, was it on the CDC's website?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

From the CSO farther down from the chart of testing requirements is this: 

Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 5.43.47 PM.png

• Thanks 1