Updated CDC guidance

kearney

2 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Is the two pack for two people or two tests for one person?  They don’t ask for more than one name and I thought I read somewhere they could only be used by the person whose name was on them.  

I received my tests from Optum today and set up an account in the Navica app.  The Navica account doesn't appear to be tied in any way to the name on your Optum order, so you should be good to use the tests for more than one person.  Unless someone who's actually tried this has found out otherwise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Great business model. (NOT) Make your customers jump through more and more hoops to use your product/service.  Hope that they are so loyal and love your product so much that they are willing to continue spending money on it.  

This is the CDC coming up with these rules, not RC

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I received my tests from Optum today and set up an account in the Navica app.  The Navica account doesn't appear to be tied in any way to the name on your Optum order, so you should be good to use the tests for more than one person.  Unless someone who's actually tried this has found out otherwise.

Thanks. I thought I had read somewhere when you ordered the 6 pack you had to actually put in the names of the people using them so I was a bit confused. Maybe someone who has already used them will shed some light on this. 

Edited by RosieRoo

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Great business model. (NOT) Make your customers jump through more and more hoops to use your product/service.  Hope that they are so loyal and love your product so much that they are willing to continue spending money on it.  

it's not Royals fault really but  I can guarantee you that I am done after this one, as long as there are any restrictions whatsoever.  There are so many places here in my own country that I want to see that I don't even have to show a vaccine card for, much less stress about getting a test and how that result may turn out. I'm done with COVID cruising even if it means I never roll aboard another ship in my lifetime. Not worth it.   

Edited by ryano
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, RosieRoo said:

Thanks. I thought I had read somewhere when you ordered the 6 pack you had to actually put in the names of the people using them so I was a bit confused. Maybe someone who has already used them will shed some light on this. 

We used them several days ago and the proctor knew from the bar code who was "registered " to use them. We will be testing on the 2nd again to leave Spain and will ask the proctor if they are only for the people listed. I did ask EMed and they said that only those registered can use them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This is the CDC coming up with these rules, not RC

I must have misunderstood. 

In the first post this was written: Added language reflecting that, as of July 23, 2021, the CSO and accompanying measures, such as technical instructions, are nonbinding recommendations for cruise ships arriving in, located within, or departing from a port in Florida. However, CDC will continue to operate the CSO as a voluntary program for such ships should they choose to follow the CSO measures on a voluntary basis."

So I read it to mean that sailing out of Florida the cruise lines did not have to follow the CDC measures unless they want to.  

• Like 1

Just now, forgotmyCCname said:

We used them several days ago and the proctor knew from the bar code who was "registered " to use them. We will be testing on the 2nd again to leave Spain and will ask the proctor if they are only for the people listed. I did ask EMed and they said that only those registered can use them.

It's not the NAVICA account that is is tied to the test barcodes. It is the test provider.

1 hour ago, TonyaJune said:

I'm scheduled to sail on 9/12 out of New Jersey and have already scheduled my testing for 3 days prior to sailing.  Wonder if I should try to  change it to 2 days now. 😟    Ugh!

You should be fine. We got our test scheduled in Williamstown finally... a lot of the CVS around here are becoming "temporarily closed." Happened to our first scheduled test in Glassboro... This is getting ridiculous.

We will be on Allure 9/12!

10 hours ago, nnzz said:

I am sailing on the Oasis on September 5 -  out of Bayonne.  I hope

your September 6 was a typo - I will either be very, very early or you

will have missed sail away

Sorry, the 5th.😊

9 hours ago, jean87510 said:

RCCL at least does give you an "out" if all of the requirements are just too much.  

Yes, the out is in the form of FCCs, which unless things improve are useless.  If they want it to be fair, they should issue FCCs without an expiration date and transferable to family members so that the investment does not go to waste.

I wonder if any unused FCCs are subject to "escheatment."

• Like 1

Following this thread it appears there is a lot of tired frustration.  Period.

It doesn't matter 'who' anyone believes is causing such.  

As Royal Caribbean CEO Richard Fain said in a video yesterday, “it was only a few weeks ago that we all thought the virus was getting under control and life was gradually returning to normal, unfortunately the Delta variant upset all our plans.” 

Hopefully, this current variant will overheat and pan out and/or the boosters help become more resilient, but across all spectrums of our society in the states there is a discernable return to the types of risks and risk responses that may make Fall, Winter and Spring an 'echo' of the one recently experienced.

This appears to have impacted even avid anxious cruisers to the point of impact of bookings for the next three quarters as also mentioned by Fain as having a "negative impact on people’s confidence in booking a cruise vacation."

So, for those still 'dealing with the rolling protocols,' I hope you get to have the best time possible on your cruise and continue to share your experiences, photos and videos for those of us who just can't return to cruising at this time.

👍

• Thanks 1