Suite Lounge

Momma Rene

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

When we were on Edge they had the same menu and served you either at the bar or at your lounger.

Same here.  The one thing that will get me back on Edge/Apex is that lunch was severed, limited menu, on the Retreat Sundeck when the ship was in port even with Luminae closed. I wish more ships did that.  

• Like 1

The Retreat Lounge on Summit is lovely, and the service is excellent, but it is a room with no windows (at least none viewable from about anywhere in the lounge. For that reason, I spent very little time in there. 

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

We haven't been on the Edge Class yet but I don't ever recall seeing 20+ people at one time in any of the other Retreat/Suite Lounges we've been in.

Pre-Covid they use to pack the place on the Captain and Senior Officer reception and some of the evenings they brought in entertainment.    Sometimes it was so crowded you could hardly move around.

Prior to the included drink packages it use to get pretty popular prior to  meals and shows when people would drop in and pick up a drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Big_G said:

We haven't been on the Edge Class yet but I don't ever recall seeing 20+ people at one time in any of the other Retreat/Suite Lounges we've been in.

The other celebrity ships the Retreat suite sun deck is a joke compared to the edge suite deck.  We loved the edge suite hot tub and pool, albeit small.  Seating was very comfortable.  A full bar was available as was waiter service.  A light lunch was also available.  Please celebrity, use the edge suite deck as the model for all of the other ships.  Must have water features and full bar- We love the equinox but walked up to the suite sun deck- it was so disappointing- hot, dry no water features,  no bar.  No shade.  Umbrellas- an awning or two?  clam shells?

Edited by Cruise a holic

56 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

The other celebrity ships the Retreat suite sun deck is a joke compared to the edge suite deck.  We loved the edge suite hot tub and pool, albeit small.  Seating was very comfortable.  A full bar was available as was waiter service.  A light lunch was also available.  Please celebrity, use the edge suite deck as the model for all of the other ships.  Must have water features and full bar- We love the equinox but walked up to the suite sun deck- it was so disappointing- hot, dry no water features,  no bar.  No shade.  Umbrellas- an awning or two?  clam shells?

Looking forward to that in January on Apex.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Pre-Covid they use to pack the place on the Captain and Senior Officer reception and some of the evenings they brought in entertainment.    Sometimes it was so crowded you could hardly move around.

Prior to the included drink packages it use to get pretty popular prior to  meals and shows when people would drop in and pick up a drink.

Forgot about that. We don't have a good attendance record for those but the last one was Summit and it was a full house.

We loved the Retreat Lounge on the Edge -- roomy, great views, rarely crowded at all. However, while retreat sundeck is very large, it was much too hot up there for us. The bar was often crowded and pool was always crowded and there is not a lick of shade on that pool. We much preferred the Solarium pool.

With only 50% capacity, but 100% on suites, the Solarium was much better to us. 

Maybe on our January Apex cruise it will be tolerable on the sundeck. 

I do agree it is a far superior layout on Edge than Equinox.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCPIV said:

The Retreat Lounge on Summit is lovely, and the service is excellent, but it is a room with no windows (at least none viewable from about anywhere in the lounge. For that reason, I spent very little time in there. 

There are a couple in the bar area.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

We loved the Retreat Lounge on the Edge -- roomy, great views, rarely crowded at all. However, while retreat sundeck is very large, it was much too hot up there for us. The bar was often crowded and pool was always crowded and there is not a lick of shade on that pool. We much preferred the Solarium pool.

With only 50% capacity, but 100% on suites, the Solarium was much better to us. 

Maybe on our January Apex cruise it will be tolerable on the sundeck. 

I do agree it is a far superior layout on Edge than Equinox.

mac_tlc

Limited shaded spots.  My DH and I sat under the pergola on a   couch  that was shaded.  Also, by the hallways (outdoor) exits to the big suites- We couldn't even walk up the steps on the equinox without being hit by the sun and heat- major difference.  While the pool was small- at least an opportunity to cool off-

Edited by Cruise a holic

Pre-COVID my wife and I really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the Retreat Lounge on Edge.  At first I thought that not having a bar in the lounge itself like the S class ships it would require me to make frequent trips upstairs to the bar on the Retreat Sundeck.  Turns out this was not the case.  The staff were very attentive and almost every time one of our glasses got down to about 1/3rd of the drink remaining someone would stop by and ask if we wanted another.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2021 at 8:58 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

Have to say that Retreat Lounge on Apex is a letdown this week. 

Despite there being more guests in Suites than Std cabins, there is no atmosphere (or guests) at all in the Retreat Lounge, just lots of crew. 

But also, the layout is not great - much prefer Yacht Club lounge on MSC

Trying Retreat on the Edge for the first time.  Hope It comes close to Yacht Club or Haven.

On 8/31/2021 at 7:44 PM, abbydancer said:

There are a couple in the bar area.

Yes, I sat at that somewhat awkward table for a little while, talked some with Daniel when he had a chance, and stared out the window otherwise.  However, that bar area is rather utilitarian, not particularly comfortable, and somewhat removed from the lounge area.  Four not terribly comfortable high-top seats at two round tables shoved together and sort of crammed in the corner.

It's not absolutely terrible, but it's sort of like going to a fine dinner party and finding that you've been assigned to the overflow table in the kitchen . . . by yourself.

The bottom line is there are much better places on board to hang out.

Edited by DCPIV

On 9/2/2021 at 6:19 AM, Gatordad1967 said:

Trying Retreat on the Edge for the first time.  Hope It comes close to Yacht Club or Haven.

I was in the Haven and very disappointed.  We had been on the Celebrity Constellation and the retreat lounge was wonderful!  Big, comfy chairs, classy, great drinks, appetizers and excellent service.  The Haven felt very casual like a beer place.  We had tipped, however, the only way we could get a drink was to go to the bar.  For us, it was quite a let down after the Constellation.

23 hours ago, Stu UK said:

Think the whole Retreat is fantastic. It can of course always be bigger but the atmosphere, service and guests have been amazing. Beats Cunard Grills hands down. 

DC82528B-7B57-4E6A-A6A9-145B3397B6A1.jpeg

Totally agree about it beating Cunard's Grills.  😉