Suite Lounge

Momma Rene

Anyone been in the suite lounges recently?  We were on the Constellation and were overwhelmed with the wonderful service!  We were always greeted with our names, they brought our favorite drinks, we had wonderful appetizers there, entertainment, met the officers, and the concierge would arrange dinners with the officers, heliport occasions, etc.  We are booked on the Reflection 

On Mille for 2-weeks in August. We did not use the suite lounge much, but I was unaware of any entertainment or restriction on the number of passengers allowed.  Debarkation day lounge was full of people!  They bar service in the lounge was excellent.  The snacks were the same each night and not very good. Greasy potato chips & nuts in glasses along with some cheese and veggies.  The Oceanview buffet had better snacks, no crowds, big windows, bar service and comfortable chairs.  Every morning I enjoyed the first cup of coffee as the Sunset bar with a shot of Baileys followed by breakfast in Luminae.  Hoping for a better Suite Lounge experience on the Apex.

Edited by Sam.Seattle

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Turns out that UK cruises may be following different rules, and that's where Silhouette is at the moment, so the '24' comment may only apply there.  No such limit on Equinox out of Florida.

17 minutes ago, canderson said:

Turns out that UK cruises may be following different rules, and that's where Silhouette is at the moment, so the '24' comment may only apply there.  No such limit on Equinox out of Florida.

I'll upgrade that 'may' to an 'are' 🙂

Reading around the other live reports it becomes clear that the rules being followed in the UK are a lot stricter, for example, PCR tests 3 days before departure, maks to be used inside at all times except when eating/drinking, no shared tables outside your linked reservations, so solo travellers will be dining alone at all times...

So that venue limit of 24 is most likely not a thing outside the UK at the moment.

Edited by Mark_T

No limits on the EDGE Retreat last month or this month.  So, perhaps limited on U.K. Sailings, as mentioned.  It never felt crowded….EVER!

Also as mentioned, everyone was extremely helpful getting drinks (even the Concierges) and snacks, even when I did not request either.  Just a wonderful experience.

129B1B0A-4AB9-486B-8337-B10449DF3EFF.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, canderson said:

We boarded the Edge on July 17 for a Caribbean cruise. There were no restrictions in the Retreat lounge, it was full every afternoon. The service was very good. The afternoon tea time and happy hour light bites were delicious, as usual.
The Retreat pool deck was also full to capacity on sea days.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We boarded the Edge on July 17 for a Caribbean cruise. There were no restrictions in the Retreat lounge, it was full every afternoon. The service was very good. The afternoon tea time and happy hour light bites were delicious, as usual.
The Retreat pool deck was also full to capacity on sea days.

At many times retreat pool was packed like sardines. Service in pool area and outside bar was fantastic.

1 hour ago, Stu UK said:

Apex this week has a 50 limit in lounge and 10 in spa thermal suite. Neither has ever been close to the number. 

That is a sailing from Greece I think?

It does seem that EU sailings are a little more restricted than USA, and UK even more restricted than EU.

14 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Perhaps too hot/sunny to sit out.  Too bad so little shade.

There is more shade in the back away from the pool and bar.  The bar is in the back right of the picture.  It wasn't hot if you were in the pool.  The pool was smaller than I imagined it would be but big enough that people were able to socially distance.  

On 8/29/2021 at 10:50 AM, George C said:

At many times retreat pool was packed like sardines. Service in pool area and outside bar was fantastic.

Can I ask if they serve you Luminae lunch right to your lounger? They did that on Equinox but there was no dedicated bar/eating area. 

1 minute ago, bluejayway327 said:

Can I ask if they serve you Luminae lunch right to your lounger? They did that on Equinox but there was no dedicated bar/eating area. 

Last time on Equinox they had a limited menu and staff to take your order and deliver you lunch.

4 hours ago, bluejayway327 said:

Yeah that was my experience; I'm just wondering if they also do that on the Edge since there's a dedicated bar area.

When we were on Edge they had the same menu and served you either at the bar or at your lounger.

• Like 1