Crown & Anchor Society Double Points Offer

jgalley

"Crown & Anchor Society members! Members will receive double Cruise Points on bookings made through September 30, 2021 for sailings departing January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022."

I just got off a cruise mid-August that I did not get double points for. 

The room was also a suite, so I was expecting to get double points for suite + double points offer. 

Has anyone gotten double cruise points for their recent cruises?

10 minutes ago, jgalley said:

"Crown & Anchor Society members! Members will receive double Cruise Points on bookings made through September 30, 2021 for sailings departing January 1, 2021 to December 31, 2022."

The room was also a suite, so I was expecting to get double points for suite + double points offer. 

Simple phone call will fix it.  

As a solo cruiser often my double points haven't post correctly.  That's been the case for years.  Quick phone call always fixed it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Simple phone call will fix it.  

As a solo cruiser often my double points haven't post correctly.  That's been the case for years.  Quick phone call always fixed it. 

Same, only once or twice had SOLO Points added automatic out of 50 Cruises. In past just emailed and was fixed in about 2 weeks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jgalley said:

Thanks everyone. I'll try to call C&A directly then. 

And just to double check. A junior suite is double Points like all the suites?

Yes.  JS gets the extra points.  I was solo in a JS in July for 7 nights and got 42 points.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Anton said:

Yes.  JS gets the extra points.  I was solo in a JS in July for 7 nights and got 42 points.

I was solo in a JS in June/early July for 7 nights and received 42 points as well.  My parents were in a JS together and received 28 points each.

I never had to call, they got it right the first time and it was posted 7-10 days after we left the ship.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jgalley said:

Thanks everyone. I'll try to call C&A directly then. 

And just to double check. A junior suite is double Points like all the suites?

Correct, you get double points for staying in a Junior Suite. Then, you'll get 2X that for the current promotion. You should receive 4 points per night in a junior suite based on double occupancy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jgalley said:

Depending on when your cruise ended, the points may not have posted yet. It normally takes a week or so for points to populate. Also, since cruises have only been sailing for a month or so, RCL's crack IT staff (or is that IT staff on crack?) may not have figured out how to code the double points into their systems yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/30/2021 at 12:58 PM, orville99 said:

Depending on when your cruise ended, the points may not have posted yet. It normally takes a week or so for points to populate. Also, since cruises have only been sailing for a month or so, RCL's crack IT staff (or is that IT staff on crack?) may not have figured out how to code the double points into their systems yet.

Just a quick update: Our August 22 Allure cruise just posted, and we did receive the full 28 points for the cruise.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2021 at 12:41 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Correct, you get double points for staying in a Junior Suite. Then, you'll get 2X that for the current promotion. You should receive 4 points per night in a junior suite based on double occupancy.

On 8/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, Biker19 said:

@SRFmay describe it differently.

I describe it differently, too.

You get an extra point for being in a suite, and double your total points under the current promotion.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/30/2021 at 8:44 AM, jgalley said:

Yes, I did, just came back from Symphony of the Seas 8/29/21. New Diamond status took about a week to show up. Very excited!

• Like 2

On 8/30/2021 at 8:44 AM, jgalley said:

Was this your first cruise with RCI?  If so, you may not have been eligible for the double points promotion.

8 hours ago, bourbon52 said:

Yes, I did, just came back from Symphony of the Seas 8/29/21. New Diamond status took about a week to show up. Very excited!

CONGRATS! I share your excitement. I turn Diamond on my October cruise. 32 days remaining until I board her.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cynt said:

CONGRATS! I share your excitement. I turn Diamond on my October cruise. 32 days remaining until I board her.

Congrats! Our Diamond status has been moved back and back and back with Covid! But that should be remedied by early in 2022! Hope to see you both out on the high seas soon.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:44 PM, jgalley said:

I had a js 5 nights on anthem and received 20 points. The RCC chat is very helpful rather than a phonecall which can take forever. 

6 hours ago, fluffcat said:

I had a js 5 nights on anthem and received 20 points. The RCC chat is very helpful rather than a phonecall which can take forever. 

I will have to try that when needed. I didn’t know they offered a chat function. Guess I should pay more attention 

11 hours ago, junior8 said:

Can someone verify my thinking. On a regular OV a solo would get double points correct?   
IF my niece winds up not coming and is a no show does anyone know if I would get the double points?

You'd get one point for yourself, and another point for being solo due to the no-show, for a total of two points per night.

And if this is for a cruise booked by 9/30/21 and sailed by 12/31/2022, you'd get double of that, so four points per night.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, junior8 said:

Can someone verify my thinking. On a regular OV a solo would get double points correct?   
IF my niece winds up not coming and is a no show does anyone know if I would get the double points?

Yes you should. You may have to email them after the cruise. I only got 7 points for a week long cruise solo in my cabin pre-COVID but some others have mentioned emailing in order to get the additional points credited. I will be doing that this week. 

9 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Where is the chat link?

If you go to the RCC website the chat bubble should pop up on the page. If not,  log off and try again.  Much easier than by phone.  I use the www.royalcaribbean.com>gbr

• Thanks 2