Prayrs requestedfor safe surgery for skin cancer in right ear.Thank you all in advance Jim

irishjim

8 hours ago, jimgev said:

Hi Jim:

How are you feeling today? I hope everything went well.

Jim

Jim I am back home today. The surgery  was  was a great sucess.

They could not save my ear but can live with that.They took a small

graft off my left  leg and put that over my  the hole to prevent any infection then  covered the whole  the thing with  a plastic cover.

I have to go back next week to have it removed.

So everthing   is looking great, wood like everyone for all the prayers and kind thoughts.

Jim

8 hours ago, jimgev said:

Hi Jim:

How are you feeling today? I hope everything went well.

Jim

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, irishjim said:

graft off my left  leg and put that over my  the hole to prevent any infection then  covered the whole  the thing with  a plastic cover.

So everthing   is looking great, wood like everyone for all the prayers and kind thoughts.

Jim

I'm happy to hear your report of the surgery as a great success.  Sounds like they did what they had to do and it will work out well after healing.  Good luck to you!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, irishjim said:

The surgery  was  was a great sucess.

I am glad to learn that your surgery was a success. Thanks be to God!

May I suggest that your experience may lead to a learning experience for those who don't understand why wearing a mask is so difficult?  I have a deformed ear because of a birth defect.  Lived with this for 78 years and 15 days, now.  It's been surgically corrected by the plastic surgeons at the Mayo Clinic for as well as it can be.  It is impossible for a loop from a mask to be secured around that ear.  If I didn't wear glasses and figured out a way for an earpiece to support that loop, I couldn't wear a mask at all.  

I regret to know that you join the few of us who lack an ear that can properly support wearing a mask.  I hope that you will be able to find a way of doing so.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, irishjim said:

Jim

Good to hear your Surgery was a success!  I was thinking about you!  You have a great attitude, Jim!  Wishing you all the best with your recovery!  

• Thanks 1

Jim (and RKA Cruiser),

While I do not have an ear problem except for the crumpled ear I get with the common masks, I did find a much more comfortable mask that does not require an external ear.  While they are ore difficult to initially put on and take off the mask as it messes you hair, it is far moe comfortable for most once on, and easy to lower it when wearing it.  It has two elastics that go over you head - one is high on your head and the other goes near your hairline in the back.  They have a much better seal around your face and are found in most KN-95 masks.  Be sure to purchase new that are made in the USA according to hospitals that purchase as true PEP gear.   For medical use they are recently fitted to each individual, but for others you can fit them yourself for non-direct medical care use.  They of course cost more per mask that the mass-produced medical care masks.  Be sure they are made in the USA!   

• Like 1

My husband wears hearing aids and was having difficulty with his mask on his ears. Kaiser gave him this soft plastic device. You attach your mask to the correct slots and it sits on the back of your neck. It’s very comfortable. They gave me one to check out also. Hope this helps someone with ear and mask difficulties. 

DB3450FB-4E2D-4759-B4C7-6947FA5EE557.jpeg

• Thanks 1