What was the last ship you cruised on before the Global Shutdown?

6 hours ago, Priszm said:

Empress April 2019 to Cuba. 

That's great you got to go to where cruising is not allowed on a ship that doesn't exist anymore.  I booked Empress in May 2019 for a Nov '19 Cuba cruise.  The cruises to Cuba were all cancelled in June so my Nov '19 cruise on Empress was changed to Mexico.  That was the last cruise I took before the lockdown.  I'll be on Freedom next week.  Hoping it will be a go.  

8 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Allure of the Seas, Feb 2020, pretty sure there was Covid on our cruise and flights. 

That was us too.  Our sailing had two partial charters onboard but we didn't care...it was a long overdue and much needed escape.  As for COVID, while we were aware of something "brewing" in China at the time...there really didn't seem to be anything unusual about our flights.  It was at check in at Port Everglades it got interesting...in addition to the pre-COVID health assessment, were questions like...have you been to China?  do you know anyone from China?

Who knew that in a few short weeks the world, our lives, and what we knew about COVID would change so much.

Edited by SuzD123

The last ship I was on was the NCL Sun, March 13, 2020. You can guess the outcome of that. The last ship I was on that actually made it out of port was the Breakaway over New Years that year. The first ship I will be on is the Mariner of the Seas Oct. 15th. Can’t wait!

Carnival Pride out of Baltimore in July 2019.  It was a last minute decision for our anniversary and Grandeur was booked (at least balcony and up).  Our last cruise before the shut down was supposed to be Nov 2019 on HOTS for a b2b, but in late Aug 2019 I dislocated my kneecap which caused me to fall and dislocate my ankle and break my fibula so I had surgery and my surgeon said absolutely not and that I wouldn't feel like a cruise and he was right so we cancelled and got reimbursed via insurance.  

Edited by BND

Independence Feb 17 - 21. We stayed in FLL five days before sailing, I had been sick at home, then my husband got sick in FLL, and my son got sick right after him. I just assumed we had gotten a bug but who knows. Anyway, after doing a ho-hum 3 day on Majesty in Oct 17, I booked this bigger ship in a better cabin to see if cruising really was for us. Guess what, it sure was. My son was thrilled the whole time and feeding him was not the anxiety attack it usually is on vacations (not eating dinner we paid for, then hungry the minute we get back to the hotel). I was so ready to start booking more and then it all came to a screeching halt. We are booked on Symphony for NYE and I am so excited.

Empress of the Seas, January 11-19, 2020, 8 nights to San Juan, St. Croix, St. Thomas & Labadee

It is exactly 48,816,000 seconds, 813,600 minutes, 13,560 hours, 565 days, 80 weeks and 5 days since we got back from our last cruise on Empress of the Seas in January 2020 until our August 7, 2021 cruise on Celebrity Edge...but who's counting!

• Like 1

Serenade of the Seas TA/Baltic  B2B  Apr/May 2019.  We have had to move / cancel 7 cruises since then.  We are now sitting with no cruises in the future as we gave up moving them. Still waiting for some refund money as well.

Hope to be back cruising in 2022 and hopefully starting where we left off in Copenhagen.  Thank goodness our last cruise was such a beautiful and memorable one.