Pre-Cruise hotel, Splendor, Miami February 3, 2022

MomC

I just spoke with Regent and found out from their Hotel Dept. that only rooms from concierge and below have been assigned to the Conrad Hotel. There has been no determination of hotel assignment for Penthouse and above as of this moment. They are working on it.

Also of interest is the fact that if you choose to make your own hotel arrangements you will receive a credit of $150.00 per person which includes transfer from airport to hotel. In checking the Intercontinental Hotel room rates begin in excess of $400.00 per night. Transfers on your own. Just something to think about.

Edited by Avidtravler

29 minutes ago, Avidtravler said:

I just spoke with Regent and found out from their Hotel Dept. that only rooms from concierge and below have been assigned to the Conrad Hotel. There has been no determination of hotel assignment for Penthouse and above as of this moment. They are working on it.

Also of interest is the fact that if you choose to make your own hotel arrangements you will receive a credit of $150.00 per person which includes transfer from airport to hotel. In checking the Intercontinental Hotel room rates begin in excess of $400.00 per night. Transfers on your own. Just something to think about.

I am in a Penthouse C and have been assigned to the Conrad.  Bad Info.

We stayed at the Conrad thru Regent prior to a transatlantic cruise in 2019.  it was a terrible hotel, the location was not ideal.  The room was dirty and in disrepair.  The pool is above the street over a parking area and was leaking into the street below.  We only found the pool because we were looking for a place to get a coffee and there was a cafe there.

The one hotel restaurant did have a decent happy hour with half priced appetizers and a nice vibe.  This is the only positive memory we have of the hotel.

We would never choose to stay here.  We found the Kimpton Epic they used for a previous cruise much nicer and a better location (we are staying there by choice before an Oceania cruise next March).

3 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

Glad we booked our room at the Intercontinental a while ago.  We are paying much less than that for the Bayfront view.

• 2 weeks later...

We are a group of 10 friends traveling together and our itinerary shows the Conrad as well. Hopefully, the hotel has made some improvements and every Regent passenger who stays there will not be disappointed. Since Regent touts itself as a luxury cruise line, you would hope that they would put us in a hotel that would be one of the top hotels in their home port city of Miami.  

4 hours ago, sailing oldie said:

We're on the Feb 17th Splendor sailing from Miami, we don't have a 'pre' hotel allocated yet, has anyone got any hotel info on their itinerary yet?

We are on the Feb. 3rd voyage on the Splendor. We're in Penthouse A suite. Still no hotel assignment yet. In the past, Regent has put us at the Four Seasons or in Coral Gables at the Hyatt Regency. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2021 at 6:57 PM, poolechick said:

We're on the February 3rd Splendor voyage. Yesterday our TA said our pre-cruise hotel hasn't been assigned yet. On our last voyage from Miami in 2019,  Regent assigned us a lovely room at the Four Seasons. We'd be very happy to spend some time there again.

We just received our pre-cruise hotel assignment for our March 25th Miami-Rome cruise. We have been assigned the Hotel Diplomat. Looks like it is closer to Ft Lauderdale.

4 hours ago, Steve Q said:

We just received our pre-cruise hotel assignment for our March 25th Miami-Rome cruise. We have been assigned the Hotel Diplomat. Looks like it is closer to Ft Lauderdale.

I know the Diplomat by friend stayed there for spring break, $1 Kamikazees for happy hour(3-6).  LMAO

🥳🤙

For our April cruise on Splendor, we seem to be booked at East hotel in Miami. After reading reviews, I’m very underwhelmed. It appears to be a party hotel with a very popular disco on the roof and located in the center of the city. Not at all what we would book for ourselves. 

Edited by Pudgesmom

14 hours ago, Steve Q said:

When you call it the Hotel Diplomat it makes it sound so much more formal.

I remember the Diplomat Hotel from the 1972 Democratic Convention in Miami. I thought it was very nice then.

8 hours ago, Pudgesmom said:

For our April cruise on Splendor, we seem to be booked at East hotel in Miami. After reading reviews, I’m very underwhelmed. It appears to be a party hotel with a very popular disco on the roof and located in the center of the city. Not at all what we would book for ourselves.