New aluminum water bottles

fstuff1

4 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Maybe they won’t want you to bring cases of plastic water bottles onboard the ship.   Celebrity is trying to lessen their environmental impact, do they still allow plastic bottles in Florida?   Didn’t have any available In Hawaii (no plastic bags either) or in Greece.   Lucky I don’t like the taste of water from a plastic bottle.

Last thing I’d be “concerned “ about hauling on a ship is a case of water.  At a campground sure, on a cruise, come on.  Reminds me of a great Dolly Parton song, “Nickels and Dimes”.

27 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Last thing I’d be “concerned “ about hauling on a ship is a case of water.  At a campground sure, on a cruise, come on.  Reminds me of a great Dolly Parton song, “Nickels and Dimes”.

I stick a luggage tag on mine, and it seems to find its way to my stateroom.  

Beer and  soft drinks have been in aluminum cans for years.   There isn’t any aluminum taste as the cans are coated.   

The same with canned water in aluminum cans as they are coated.  It is just your perception that it is in a aluminum can so you can taste it.   What does aluminum taste like?    I think the issue is you are tasting water that doesn’t taste like what you normally drink 

Take a can home and have it analyzed. I am sure there is no aluminum in it 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

Edited by miched
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, miched said:

Beer and  soft drinks have been in aluminum cans for years.   There isn’t any aluminum taste as the cans are coated.   

The same with canned water in aluminum cans as they are coated.  It is just your perception that it is in a aluminum can so you can taste it.   What does aluminum taste like?    I think the issue is you are tasting water that doesn’t taste like what you normally drink 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

The Swiss company SIGG started making refillable aluminum water bottles back in 1908, many decades before before single use plastic water bottles became ubiquitous. I still have one with my camping gear that dates back to the early 60s, and I've used dozens of aluminum bottles since for camping, hiking, cycling, the gym and just about every other activity where one might want to bring along drinking water. And, yes, DW and I each bring one on our cruises for use both on and off the ship. In all my years of drinking from them, I've never found that they have had any impact on the taste of the water. In my experience, it's the water source and not the bottle that influences the taste. I've also used stainless steel bottles with the same results. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

It seems to be the contents of the Celeb  can that tastes yucky.. It is  not Spring water but something processed..there was once an article posted about it.

We have alum water btls that clip on to our bikes..they are lined in glass( maybe like a thermos)...but water tastes fine from those.  As does canned water given at some hotels

16 hours ago, LGW59 said:

If you have to drink that stuff for two weeks you might look for alternatives!

It was really bad tasting. Even our  portable  brita filter system could not make it taste  any better.  For us, it is not to save money,  but having something we can drink during the cruise..we drink alot of. water.  Buy what we can onboard but no thanks on the gray btls!

16 hours ago, miched said:

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

Exactly..

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Where did you see Perrier?

Signed, Perrier USA rep

Pool Bar, Sunset Bar, most any bar…hell, maybe is was Pelligrino, but I thought I saw both..or had both..

Edited by PTC DAWG

21 hours ago, miched said:

Beer and  soft drinks have been in aluminum cans for years. There isn’t any aluminum taste as the cans are coated.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅 

We only had one cruise on Edge back in 2019 with the 

metal cans and the taste was very evident to us. Not saying it was an aluminum taste, but definitely not what we liked. Maybe your palette and ours are different. We wit purchase the Evian and transfer it into plastic bottles or Tevi cups we bring onboard. 

Edited by RICCruisers