Live on Majestic Princess 09/05/2021`

Musky Ike

Just now, chubbypiggy said:

I like to use the hot tub daily, mainly on Lido deck by the pool.  Our upcoming 28 days cruise will be March 2022.  Just curious if masking is required for the hot tub?  I know it is outside, but the hot tubs are small and always seem to be occupied with several people sharing it.

Thank you.

I see no masks in the hot tubs. Here in Alaska it would be a shock to the system stepping out of one.

• Like 1

Just now, rheathslc said:

@coastcat How close to sailing were you able to make spa/enclave reservations on the personalizer? I'm booked on the Majestic on Oct 6th and still can't make spa reservations, yet I'm able to for my Nov 2022 cruise already. I called Princess and all they said was "closer to sailing or onboard". Not particularly helpful.

I booked the Enclave pass about 6 weeks before sailing but it has been available for much longer. I don’t know about spa services, though. 

14 hours ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

@JustBCruzNot sure if they still have this as a shore ex these days - Georges Inlet Lodge in Ketchikan. It was a crab expedition that showed you how they are caught and where. At the lodge, they serve up the freshest, sweetest crab - all you can eat. To die for! I haven't checked the lodge online lately; you can arrange for just a meal . It was offered in 2019. Good luck!

So happy that I booked this excursion!  We love crab and the bit of education should be fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chubbypiggy said:

I like to use the hot tub daily, mainly on Lido deck by the pool.  Our upcoming 28 days cruise will be March 2022.  Just curious if masking is required for the hot tub?  I know it is outside, but the hot tubs are small and always seem to be occupied with several people sharing it.

Thank you.

I was on last week’s sailing and used the hot tubs in the Hollywood Pool area (indoor pool). Masks were not required and no one had a mask on in the hot tubs or in the pool.

The breakfast buffet was a big improvement in terms of variety and was quite busy as people fuel up for the Juneau port stop. I might disembark to do a little shopping but this is my fourth time sailing into Juneau. I’m thinking Enclave therapy pool instead. 

I am currently trying to eat a flavorless, underbaked almond croissant accompanied by a cup of boiling hot water, a lid, and a tea bag (which is what I was handed at the International Cafe when I asked for tea). Breakfast was not great either. Thank goodness I have cold pizza in the fridge. Princess pizza is very good! Between that and the noodle bar, I certainly won’t go hungry. 

You know, it’s only day 3 of my first Princess cruise but it might be my last. I’m enjoying many elements of the ship but as a whole it’s not working for me. It’s very classic and traditional, and I’m not. Never say never, though. It could just be the Alaska passenger mix so I may give Princess another try on a different ship and itinerary. 

1 hour ago, rheathslc said:

@coastcat How close to sailing were you able to make spa/enclave reservations on the personalizer? I'm booked on the Majestic on Oct 6th and still can't make spa reservations, yet I'm able to for my Nov 2022 cruise already. I called Princess and all they said was "closer to sailing or onboard". Not particularly helpful.

We will join you that cruise too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coastcat said:

You know, it’s only day 3 of my first Princess cruise but it might be my last. I’m enjoying many elements of the ship but as a whole it’s not working for me. It’s very classic and traditional, and I’m not. Never say never, though. It could just be the Alaska passenger mix so I may give Princess another try on a different ship and itinerary. 

Are you saying you are going to disembark in Juneau?

27 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Whoever that was was wrong. Gratuities will be subtracted daily from your OBC (unless you prepaid or have the Plus package).

Really? Daily, dang they used to just total everything thing up and subtract at the end.  At least that's how I thought it worked lol.  Princess wants that money now!  Either way works the same I guess. 

48 minutes ago, trey420 said:

Really? Daily, dang they used to just total everything thing up and subtract at the end.  At least that's how I thought it worked lol.  Princess wants that money now!  Either way works the same I guess. 

There was always a daily gratuity charge with the total at the end. I'm pretty sure it's done that way so you (& the ship) can keep track of how much OBC you're spending. When the OBC is zeroed out, they switch over to your credit card. The accounting continues daily. I'm in the habit of checking my folio by getting a print-out every couple of days. Of course, with the new ability to check it on the app or your TV, it will be super easy to check it every day.

• Like 2

Wrote this yesterday but couldn’t get it to post:

I didn’t realize someone in our group had started a live thread- kudos Musky Ike!

We are onboard and this is our 1st ever cruise so I can give you the no frills, no perks view of things. 😂

Like others, we arrived about 30 min earlier than our 11:30 boarding group time, and we were able to go right in.

I love that they are still clapping you through the doors and I was ready with video since I’d seen other’s videos of it.

The meet and greet was great this morning. The captain and several other crew came and were so friendly and welcoming. Cruise director Kevin and assistant general hotel manger Miguel were great and stayed after the others needed to go, and chatted with us for awhile.

We’ve had no problems with the medallion or the app. I’ve used the crew chat feature with great results, and we’ve ordered food and drinks all over the ship and they always find us rather quickly- even ordered a drink delivered to the meet and greet. 🙂 

We did get the ticket for someone else’s transfer to the airport in our room so I need to get that resolved tomorrow.

Overall it’s going fantastic and I can’t wait for Juneau tomorrow!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

The breakfast buffet was a big improvement in terms of variety and was quite busy as people fuel up for the Juneau port stop. I might disembark to do a little shopping but this is my fourth time sailing into Juneau. I’m thinking Enclave therapy pool instead. 

I am currently trying to eat a flavorless, underbaked almond croissant accompanied by a cup of boiling hot water, a lid, and a tea bag (which is what I was handed at the International Cafe when I asked for tea). Breakfast was not great either. Thank goodness I have cold pizza in the fridge. Princess pizza is very good! Between that and the noodle bar, I certainly won’t go hungry. 

Sorry you feel that way. We have never had less than a fantastic time on Princess. We have also sailed on Celebrity and Holland and when we compare all three objectively we find that we keep coming back to Princess. But wait! We have loved every cruise on every ship and every line for every destination. 

• Like 10

On 9/6/2021 at 10:44 AM, gmcwalker said:

I was curious if anyone on board noticed if there were the Princess Covid testing sites at the pier yet, per their 9/2/21 notice and if so how much did it cost?

FYI…Carbon Health has at least one pop-up site in Seattle with rapid tests available for travel. Price range $135-165. 

• Like 1

That crab excursion sounds pretty good.  I'm doing the oyster tour version in 2 weeks in Ketchikan.  Don't know if it's all you can eat oysters but I'm sure I'll get my fill.  Haven't heard much about it, but I do love oysters. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Purple Galinule said:

Sorry you feel that way. We have never had less than a fantastic time on Princess. We have also sailed on Celebrity and Holland and when we compare all three objectively we find that we keep coming back to Princess. But wait! We have loved every cruise on every ship and every line for every destination. 

Sometimes a first date works out 🙂, sometimes it doesn’t 😐. Such is the cruise life!

• Like 5

In Juneau. Day started out clear and we went up on the  Mt. Roberts tram. Beautiful scenery and an excellent native peoples talk and movie. Then as we started shopping the rains came. Back onboard drying out. That is Alaska.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Tried some different things in crown grill tonight. The mussels had a strong fish taste, more than usual for mussels, maybe they were old as have never seen anyone order them before.  Garlic bread in the wine sauce was fantastic. Would not order again though.  Also shrimp bisque, spiney lobster cake, and triple chocolate decadence with the apple and rhubarb cobbler. 

2DA43522-B0E6-4ABD-A0DC-344A6E638748.jpeg

3A85FA20-EFF7-4C14-8A5C-F80C8D74B411.jpeg

086E580D-98C1-4ED9-ABDD-D6CEA7AC7529.jpeg

952C49EF-56BE-4A05-824D-D68EF5C194CD.jpeg

50622DB9-4576-4333-B4D3-1D8785D3F2A9.jpeg

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, mina said:

Stayed on board in Juneau as have been many times.  Had the enclave to myself.  A few pics. 

8A8E5E57-9134-48BB-A163-24484B89D151.jpeg

AD10901B-A536-42A6-9135-601085EFE4A9.jpeg

61C8A150-05E1-49E0-9809-48B298748C2A.jpeg

5A895884-271D-4466-A42C-65DF25210F39.jpeg

Thank you for the great pics of the Enclave! This is where I plan to spend a lot of my time. Now I just need to Spa Reservations to open up on Cruise Personalizer so I can purchase the pass ahead of time. 28 days - 4 weeks! - and counting until I'm on board. 🙂

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, farsight said:

@mina Is the steam room very hot? Almost blistering would be my preference. 🙂

Yes, the Turkish hamamm area was between 110 and 120 per the sign and I can only stay in about 10 mins. Stone seats were quite hot.  Not blistering, but pretty hot.  Stone loungers in the pool area were just barely warm though.  Like them a little hotter.

Edited by mina
  • Like 1