What champagne in Premium package?

39august

What champagnes are available for the bottle in suite upon arrival, please? My "personalize your cruise" e-mail message only listed red, white or sparkling. I would like to request a specific brand so we don't get a cheap bubbly. 

1 hour ago, 39august said:

What champagnes are available for the bottle in suite upon arrival, please?

One of our posters here had similar questions - contacted the shoreside concierge directly and was provided a list of available bottles by email.  May depend upon which suite you're in and which ship you're on, so I'd approach the question that way.  Seems they should just send the list by default (not have to request it) for bar setup when that's an option for a particular suite.  Would save a lot of back and forth.

We had Nicolas Feuillatte champagne on Silhouette last month.

Make sure you ask for champagne by name other they will sneak you a glass of Chateau De Gangway. The nickname given by the crew for this flavoured fizzy water excuse for champagne! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

When we have been in Sky and Celebrity suites no champagne, it was the same sparkling wine that is in the Concierge and Aqua cabins.  In Royal Suites it was a bottle of Perrier Jouet. 

Edited by jelayne
Typo

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

When we have been in Sky and Celebrity suites no champagne, it was the same sparkling wine that is in the Concierge and Aqua cabins.  In Royal Suites it was a bottle of Perrier Jouet. 

Our Celebrity Suite is losing its luster......I could kick myself for paying $2,000 more for the cruise than the Sky Suite.  Looks like all I get is a little better room.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

I like it too.  I like Veuve better but probably couldn't tell the difference if I had to do a taste test.  I just like the idea of knowing what I'm drinking.  

I haven't done a (blind) taste test which would be fun.  But years ago when I had more free time, I bought a few different bottles and tried them over a few weeks.  That's how I learned I like yellow label VC.  i tried more expensive stuff but didn't like it as much.  I'm debating whether to get a bottle when I cruise next year, but the markup is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, cruisingxpert said:

I like it too.  I like Veuve better but probably couldn't tell the difference if I had to do a taste test.  I just like the idea of knowing what I'm drinking.  

If you haven't tried Crystal, do it, it's expensive but worth it on a special occasion.

Lost what I wrote.  I bought Crystal once.  We were going up north and couldn't find Veuve at liquor store so splurged.  We drank the Crystal before dinner and ordered Veuve at dinner.  Crystal was better but not $250 better.

One of my new faves is Laurent Perrier Rose Champagne

4 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

Lost what I wrote.  I bought Crystal once.  We were going up north and couldn't find Veuve at liquor store so splurged.  We drank the Crystal before dinner and ordered Veuve at dinner.  Crystal was better but not $250 better.

One of my new faves is Laurent Perrier Rose Champagne

Someone suggested I try VC Grande Dame.  It's on my todo list.

@cruisingxpert do you mind sharing the price of Veuve at dinner (bottle).  Ordering for sail away is $140 I believe.  Yellow label is only $50 here in North Carolina. 

Edited by zitsky