Diamond member drink vouchers

dleahy4444

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Neither, you are very unlikely to get a receipt/slip.

Biker, who is waiting for the tipping police.

Ha! If the SOP is to just smile and say thank you, I will comply. But considering how few people are onboard and all that, I'd prefer to err on the side of tipping. It's a weird world now though, is cash okay? Considered a covid risk? 

1 minute ago, Jasukkie said:

Ha! If the SOP is to just smile and say thank you, I will comply. But considering how few people are onboard and all that, I'd prefer to err on the side of tipping. It's a weird world now though, is cash okay? Considered a covid risk? 

servers in suite lounge were happy to accept singles- no one declined due to covid risk 😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wolfcathorse said:

does the Concierge Lounge on Ovation operate differently than the Diamond Lounge too? And are Pinnacles kicked out of the CL on Ovation?

My understanding is that prior to covid Royal was planning on changing the concierge lounge name to suite lounge on all their ships.  For this issue, the CL and the SL currently both have the same polices.  They are restricted to suite guests only.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

My understanding is that prior to covid Royal was planning on changing the concierge lounge name to suite lounge on all their ships.  For this issue, the CL and the SL currently both have the same polices.  They are restricted to suite guests only.

plus I was relying on what the deck plan said, it very well may be a Suite Lounge on the ship.

2 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

How does tipping work with vouchers? If I have a package, I've already paid the gratuity, and if I buy a drink, there is a gratuity added. I know tipping is very individual but I'm newly Diamond on my next cruise so I never had the DL experience. I imagine people tipped cash for those unlimited happy hours? What do you do with a voucher? Are you signing for this like a regular purchased drink with the gratuity factored in and then the system takes out the cost of the drinks each night? Or are you handed the drink with a zero charge and you can add in gratuity on the slip? Or bring singles?

No slip n the suite lounge, just FYI for anyone interested.  You just tell the bar waiter what you would like and they bring it.  It does show up as a zero dollar “charge” later on your account under “Viking crown lounge” on Adventure at least.  Our amazing bar waiter Jennifer was happy to take the $5s we periodically slipped her, and the larger envelope at the end of the two weeks and I didn’t notice any difference in how she performed her job based on whether people tipped her for each drink.  Although I’m pretty confident calling her “honey” wasn’t the way to go.

Edited by 3kidsncats

14 hours ago, Jasukkie said:

How does tipping work with vouchers? If I have a package, I've already paid the gratuity, and if I buy a drink, there is a gratuity added. I know tipping is very individual but I'm newly Diamond on my next cruise so I never had the DL experience. I imagine people tipped cash for those unlimited happy hours? What do you do with a voucher? Are you signing for this like a regular purchased drink with the gratuity factored in and then the system takes out the cost of the drinks each night? Or are you handed the drink with a zero charge and you can add in gratuity on the slip? Or bring singles?

You would have to request a receipt or tip in cash.

9 hours ago, thewebbys said:

Does anyone know if children get drink vouchers for soda or mocktails?

Our 16 years old daughter did get 4 drinks vouchers each day which she can get non-alcoholic drinks at any bars any speciality coffees including the frozen/blended ones at coffee shop.   She also gets one day of free wi-fi.    Upon arrival to our cabin on embarkation day,  she did received the letter in the cabin telling her about the benefits.   FYI,   some bartenders are not familiar with the voucher system with children.   When my daughter and I were at the bar which I went often,  they know me by name, cabin number and they know we are diamonds have drink vouchers.   My daughter ordered a non-alcoholic drink,   since they know me by name and room number they use my drink voucher instead of her own.   I have to ask them either scan her SeaPass card or charge it under her name  using her own voucher.

• Like 1

Here is a question and I hope I don't flamed for it!!!  My kids get my automatic status so they will have 4 free drinks loaded to their card...I am assuming they will have to be non-alcoholic b/c they are kids or could I take their card to order something...I know normal drink packages aren't shareable but after reading the responds to this thread people say the diamond drink vouchers are. Thanks:)

6 hours ago, StrikeEagle said:

Our 16 years old daughter did get 4 drinks vouchers each day which she can get non-alcoholic drinks at any bars any speciality coffees including the frozen/blended ones at coffee shop.   She also gets one day of free wi-fi.    Upon arrival to our cabin on embarkation day,  she did received the letter in the cabin telling her about the benefits.   FYI,   some bartenders are not familiar with the voucher system with children.   When my daughter and I were at the bar which I went often,  they know me by name, cabin number and they know we are diamonds have drink vouchers.   My daughter ordered a non-alcoholic drink,   since they know me by name and room number they use my drink voucher instead of her own.   I have to ask them either scan her SeaPass card or charge it under her name  using her own voucher.

I could see how the bartenders are not aware of the change. I read it somewhere but could not find it on RCI website. Thanks for clarifying the new perks. My DD will be happy since she will no longer be able to get mocktails from the DL without a voucher.

On 9/8/2021 at 2:47 PM, thewebbys said:

I could see how the bartenders are not aware of the change. I read it somewhere but could not find it on RCI website. Thanks for clarifying the new perks. My DD will be happy since she will no longer be able to get mocktails from the DL without a voucher.

Here are some recommended non-alcholic drinks at the bar:

Watermelon Mint Lemonade
Island Crush (ask for no Red Bull)
Island Fusion - (Pina Colada, Passion Fruit and Orange Juice)

8 minutes ago, tardy said:

If I use my voucher for an alcoholic beverage that costs more than the $13 dollar limit.. 

will I just be charged the difference  or I can only use vouched if drink is less than $13 ??

You will be charged the difference, and there have been some reports from ships that you are also charged 18% on the full price of the drink.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 3:00 PM, Merion_Mom said:

You will be charged the difference, and there have been some reports from ships that you are also charged 18% on the full price of the drink.  

Thank You for that info . I  always tip on free drinks  for the service what ever the price .  

Since we haven’t cruised with RCCL in the last five years we’re no longer familiar with the drink coupons for D D+. Can these coupons be used during any time of the day or only in the early evening.   It used to be 5-8 last time we cruised. 
thank you. 

Just got off Independence and the voucher was automatic when you ordered a drink unless you told them you did not want to use a voucher. 
They just swipe your card and hand you your drink.
I always tip a dollar per drink but I don’t judge others. 

34 minutes ago, mauimary said:

Since we haven’t cruised with RCCL in the last five years we’re no longer familiar with the drink coupons for D D+. Can these coupons be used during any time of the day or only in the early evening.   It used to be 5-8 last time we cruised. 
thank you. 

Anytime, most bars, no Starbucks. 

21 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

Just got off Independence and the voucher was automatic when you ordered a drink unless you told them you did not want to use a voucher. 
They just swipe your card and hand you your drink.
I always tip a dollar per drink but I don’t judge others. 

Can you use the vouchers for wine in the dining room?