Would you take this flight?

phabric

If I absolutely had no choice but to fly day of, and if I had travel insurance just in case,  maybe. It is early and direct. My last flight to SEA was a Sat late afternoon non-stop flight for Sunday 430pm cruise departure. Flight got delayed. Then delayed again. Finally about 730ish it was cancelled due to mechanical issue and they couldnt get replacement.  We were told go home, go to a hotel, rebook and come back tomorrow. I immediately called the airline (Alaska Air) and explained the cruise situation and they got me on the earliest flight they could (American Airlines) in the morning. Arrived in SEA about 1pm  Sunday. I will never fly day of cruise just for that reason.  Bonus points to AK air as they gave us each a $200 voucher for the inconvenience. 

• Like 2

We also fly in at least a day ahead, sometimes more depending on the city of embarkation. Vancouver, B.C. is such a great town to explore. For our very first cruise, we drove to Vancouver, B.C. a day ahead and had a wonderful time. We lived in the Portland, Oregon area and this was a good way to go for us.

Fly in ahead!

We nearly always fly in the morning of a cruise and haven’t missed one yet.  I know it can happen but that is why we book our flights through EZ air.  
They will get you to your next port of call if the flight is so delayed they can’t get you to the ship in time.  I’d go for it!  That’s just me! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

We nearly always fly in the morning of a cruise and haven’t missed one yet.  I know it can happen but that is why we book our flights through EZ air.  
They will get you to your next port of call if the flight is so delayed they can’t get you to the ship in time.  I’d go for it!  That’s just me! 

Here's a little wrinkle- the next port is Ketchikan, 2 days later. Which could mean having to get another COVID test at short notice. Plus 2 extra nights in hotels. Lovely way to start a cruise. Then there's a question of whether a downline embarkation would be allowed on this itinerary.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mom says said:

Here's a little wrinkle- the next port is Ketchikan, 2 days later. Which could mean having to get another COVID test at short notice. Plus 2 extra nights in hotels. Lovely way to start a cruise. Then there's a question of whether a downline embarkation would be allowed on this itinerary.

I'd chance it.  

2 hours ago, mom says said:

I wondered about that as well, except our first port was Juneau two days later. I figured Princess would somehow take care of me since I booked through EZair and had the Princess insurance--a hotel room and meals in Seattle until they could get me to the ship or send me back home. 

• Like 1