Princess Chef's Table

lucyandricky

2 hours ago, lucyandricky said:

Is the Chef's Table being offered on the Regal and Sky Princess at this time?

Just off the Majestic on Sunday and they did the Chef’s Table.

This was our 5th Chefs Table and our least favorite. No Lamb chops or sliced beef tenderloin. They gave us a veal chop that was very chewy, a rubbery lobster tail, and sweet breads.

Rest of meal was great!

19 minutes ago, gvre said:

This was our 5th Chefs Table and our least favorite. No Lamb chops or sliced beef tenderloin. They gave us a veal chop that was very chewy, a rubbery lobster tail, and sweet breads.

Rest of meal was great!

Who is the executive chef on the Majestic Princess?

What was wrong with the sweet breads?

I hope you gave the chef feedback regarding the meal.

7 hours ago, gvre said:

Rest of meal was great!

Thanks for your response.  We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and would like to experience the Chefs Table on the Sky Princess transatlantic this November.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Okraf said:

As a pescetarian is it worth me trying the lumiere - do you get any chance to specify preferences or do you just get what the chef want's to give you?

I, too, am a presbyterian and had no problems with specificity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

Do you sign up for Chef's Table after boarding or can you do that in advance?

You can only sign-up after boarding. Go to Pax Svcs, call DINE line or speak to MD or a head waiter.

For us, Pax Svcs was easiest and we made it to the list.

1 hour ago, jebhoward3 said:

Are you able to view the menu prior to signing up.

No, not in my experience. We got what we got (so to speak). Didn't matter, it was fabulous.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

You can only sign-up after boarding. Go to Pax Svcs, call DINE line or speak to MD or a head waiter.

For us, Pax Svcs was easiest and we made it to the list.

No, not in my experience. We got what we got (so to speak). Didn't matter, it was fabulous.

When we did it a few years back, you met with the head waiter and maitre d to discuss food allergies and dietary restrictions. Both my wife an another passenger had a shellfish allergy. The night of the dinner there was shellfish items but they provided an alternative for both of them

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Okraf said:

As a pescetarian is it worth me trying the lumiere - do you get any chance to specify preferences or do you just get what the chef want's to give you?

My spouse is a pescatarian and when we did the Ceeft's table they specially prepared a fish entree for her.

This was several years ago and I do not know if they will still do this or if it varies from chef to chef.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2021 at 11:43 PM, gvre said:

Rest of meal was great!

😞

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Katie12480 said:

Since you get a tour of the kitchen, do you have to wear close-toed shoes for the evening?

IF they are doing the kitchen tour (come prepared just in case), then the answer is closed-toe shoes in the kitchen. You can carry your evening shoes (in a bag?) and change when you leave the kitchen.

The Live Froms were (so far) stating that there was no kitchen tour.

• 2 months later...

I am new to Princess. We have done Chef's Table on Carnival several times and it seems the menus are fleet wide (even though they make it seem like they're not 😆). From the reading I've been doing, it seems like the Chef's Table on Princess cruises really are ship exclusive. Am I correct in that assumption? We are going on the Emerald and are interested in doing it. I kinda like seeing the menu in advance because one of my kids is kinda picky (she's 20, so not really a kid) but I guess that's not really an option (at least I can't find one). 

22 hours ago, Mom2CrazyKids said:

I am new to Princess. We have done Chef's Table on Carnival several times and it seems the menus are fleet wide (even though they make it seem like they're not 😆). From the reading I've been doing, it seems like the Chef's Table on Princess cruises really are ship exclusive. Am I correct in that assumption? We are going on the Emerald and are interested in doing it. I kinda like seeing the menu in advance because one of my kids is kinda picky (she's 20, so not really a kid) but I guess that's not really an option (at least I can't find one). 

Even the ship menus vary depending on the individual chefs.

22 hours ago, ghgeckos said:

Does anyone know if they can do Gluten Free at the Chef's table? Princess does such a great job with this at other dining venues.

Might not be as easy, as it is more of a fixed menu...

• Like 1