Latest news about Explora Journeys

Beamafar

10 hours ago, Dr. Cocktail said:

Let's add some excitement to this thread and perhaps "unhijack" it by actually using it to show "what's new" as opposed to comparisons of other and defunct cruise lines!

For your viewing pleasure:

I'm with you we already have 35 nights booked in the first season and can't wait to enjoy the new ship.

Thank you for sharing those videos. Very interesting, I even noticed something I had not before, that there will be sunbeds at the bow. That would be an awesome addition. I am still a bit skeptical in regards to deck space, since a lot seems to be assigned to bars which come with a wide array of seating options.
Don’t want “my” sunbed in front of a bar, I prefer a quiet and more secluded place for that. The bow would definitely suit that. 

31 minutes ago, mike@sea said:

Thank you for sharing those videos. Very interesting, I even noticed something I had not before, that there will be sunbeds at the bow. That would be an awesome addition. I am still a bit skeptical in regards to deck space, since a lot seems to be assigned to bars which come with a wide array of seating options.
Don’t want “my” sunbed in front of a bar, I prefer a quiet and more secluded place for that. The bow would definitely suit that. 

I'm almost certain the sunbeds are for crew ....

I'm actually very impressed with the amount of deck space available ... not a lot of hull structure like the other cruise lines ....

3 hours ago, daleandrews said:

Everybody who has already booked (including us!) should be feeling pretty good after today's across the board price hikes.

Yeah, I just noticed the category I booked a few months ago, increased by $2100.00 for 2, for a two week cruise.

The hardware is wonderful by design. The actual service level only time will tell. I believe they'll to settle down on the so called mid-luxury cruising experience, on the likes of the Viking/Oceania/Azamara segment. But... But they're promising a lot on both the food and the entertainment sectors. Maybe: Can they to enter the full luxury at 950'ish capacity? We'll to know after the first few months in operation... Pricing seem inconsistent across the time and the board. I've seen on their website everything from mid to full luxury alike...

While they claim they don't have such an MDR, I believe the "Med Yacht Club" and "Fil Rouge" are the non reservation "small" MDR settings on this ship (restaurants descriptions pave the way for at least a partly shareable menu) with the 2 specialties (Asian and Steakhouse) helping plus the premium buffet. As per Anthology's up-charge, wonderful to notice that by design it resembles such a 3* Michelin top chef experience, perhaps paired with some entertainment. Me thinks the price would make for the difference between your paid food level (high by design) and a top of the top ones with drinks pairings accordingly. They'll lower its market level and price if there isn't so much demand.

• 2 weeks later...

I am very glad to see how Explora is developing. We are Diamond members with MSC, but we do not like very much that the company is making larger and larger ships. In a couple of months we will be cruising on the MSC Fantasia in Yacht Club, which for that category of ships is lovely. However, we do not want to go on the larger MSC ships not even on Yacht Club. Since we like the Italian Way of Cruising, Explora is definitely a good option for us.

I wonder if there will be any kind of reciprocity/benefits for Diamond members with MSC in the Explora Cruise Line 🧐.

Ivi

40 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

I am very glad to see how Explora is developing. We are Diamond members with MSC, but we do not like very much that the company is making larger and larger ships. In a couple of months we will be cruising on the MSC Fantasia in Yacht Club, which for that category of ships is lovely. However, we do not want to go on the larger MSC ships not even on Yacht Club. Since we like the Italian Way of Cruising, Explora is definitely a good option for us.

I wonder if there will be any kind of reciprocity/benefits for Diamond members with MSC in the Explora Cruise Line 🧐.

Ivi

There is currently a 2 category upgrade offer with extra obc for MSC Diamond Members

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, travelberlin said:

Thanks I will have a look. Is this on their webpage?

Ivi

Hmmmmmm ...... not sure....

Enjoy Now Our Exclusive Offer
Designed for You

Exclusive offer for MSC Cruises Voyagers Club Diamond Members : Enjoy CA$500 credit on-board and a complimentary 2-category suite upgrade with your booking (excluding Ocean Residences). Reach out to your preferred travel advisor or contact one of our Ambassadors at the Explora Experience Centre. Communicate your Diamond Membership Number to benefit from the offer (valid until: February 24th, 2023). Terms and conditions apply to this offer.
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2022 at 12:48 PM, travelberlin said:

Ivi

Funny you should mention that since, just today, we received an e-mail offering a 2 category upgrade plus 500 Euro OBC for MSC Diamond Members.  It seems to be a limited time offer and I suppose only applies to new bookings.  We are still debating whether to book a Fall 2022 cruise.  We were recently on the Seaside in the YC and all was good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 2:32 PM, Nunagoras said:

While they claim they don't have such an MDR, I believe the "Med Yacht Club" and "Fil Rouge" are the non reservation "small" MDR settings on this ship (restaurants descriptions pave the way for at least a partly shareable menu) with the 2 specialties (Asian and Steakhouse) helping plus the premium buffet. As per Anthology's up-charge, wonderful to notice that by design it resembles such a 3* Michelin top chef experience, perhaps paired with some entertainment.

Regarding required reservations for the other dining venues, when and how can a booked trip passenger make such reservations?

Anyone that might know.

2 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Regarding required reservations for the other dining venues, when and how can a booked trip passenger make such reservations?

Anyone that might know.

It will likely to be like on the other mid-to-full luxury lines: The higher your suite category, the earlier you'll be able to book online. On top of that they'll have some open times for onboard bookings. Curiously their website talks on recommended but not mandatory reservations. Time will tell...

I hope we will only have to reserve in advance for the additional paying restaurant. Explora offers freedom to choose where to dine. I hope we do not have to decide months  in advance about that „freedom“ 🧐

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin
  • Like 1

On 12/26/2022 at 3:17 PM, Hlitner said:

Funny you should mention that since, just today, we received an e-mail offering a 2 category upgrade plus 500 Euro OBC for MSC Diamond Members.  It seems to be a limited time offer and I suppose only applies to new bookings.  We are still debating whether to book a Fall 2022 cruise.  We were recently on the Seaside in the YC and all was good.

We booked our second cruise, Dubai to Mumbai, under that promotion.  But the two category ‘upgrade’ for us was not that big a deal. OT-1 to OT-3 is only a deck change.

11 minutes ago, kelleherdl said:

We booked our second cruise, Dubai to Mumbai, under that promotion.  But the two category ‘upgrade’ for us was not that big a deal. OT-1 to OT-3 is only a deck change.

I agree that the 2 cat upgrade is no biggie.  While some folks really care about their cabin location, we have never seen it as a big deal other than trying to stay clear of noisy public spaces (over, under or around).  The $500 OBC is nice and should cover a few decent bottles of wine 🙂

Hank