Is the fresh squeezed orange juice that Celebrity charges $4 really freshly squeezed or is it like the orange juice we buy fr

jameslee

On 9/16/2021 at 12:03 AM, jameslee said:

Is the fresh squeezed orange juice that Celebrity charges $4 really freshly squeezed or is it like the orange juice we buy from the market. I tried the juice from Apex and it seems pretty sweet. Doesn't taste like the fresh squeeze orange juice I drink from home

We got fresh squeezed OJ every morning & it wasn’t from a carton.

3 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

Can you indicate which restaurant(s) served fresh squeezed orange juice?

... and the ship and date...

I know it seems overly detailed but around 2018/19, the juice machines began being removed from the ships so memories of fresh squeezed juice may be accurate, current availability on the other-hand is in question...

On 9/16/2021 at 6:01 PM, cruzzzinma said:

Premium OJ in Luminae last week on the Millennium. I don’t know about Blu but it was not available in the Buffet.

It should have been available in the bar located in the OV area.  At least it has always been there previously.

Jim’s post 18 explains the OJ situation, but I know it confuses a lot of people.  

On 9/17/2021 at 5:20 AM, Jim_Iain said:

I'm currently on Equinox and asked the Hotel Director this question.    The standard OJ is packaged and pasteurized.    You then have the Premium OJ (never referred to as  Fresh Squeezed but sometimes Fresh) is Fresh  Squeezed with Pulp at the Factory and then package in Milk Style Cartons.   

lol. "Fresh"

On 9/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I'm currently on Equinox and asked the Hotel Director this question.    The standard OJ is packaged and pasteurized.    You then have the Premium OJ (never referred to as  Fresh Squeezed but sometimes Fresh) is Fresh  Squeezed with Pulp at the Factory and then package in Milk Style Cartons.    This is what is sold for a premium or on your package.

Aqua Spa Cafe actually does squeeze OJ and other Vegetables but I believe use a Ninja Style juicer so not sure if it is actually squeezed. 

free daily breakfast @ Tuscan for Elites  and above:

the OJ has plenty of pulp.

i guess it's the $4 premium OJ?

On 9/16/2021 at 4:12 AM, Roger88 said:

Usually, if they say that its squeezed and it costs 4$, they squeeze right in front of you. If you didnt see the entire process of squeezing I highly doubt that its a fresh juice. I wouldnt pay that much 

Yes it is fresh squeezed, but it is packaged, so I'm not certain that it doesn't have any preservatives.  It is not reconstituted and not homogenized . It does taste different (and delicious imo). You won't see any machines though. 

1 hour ago, Guppy99 said:

Yes it is fresh squeezed, but it is packaged, so I'm not certain that it doesn't have any preservatives.  It is not reconstituted and not homogenized . It does taste different (and delicious imo). You won't see any machines though. 

so it's like Tropicana OJ with pulp?

4 hours ago, Guppy99 said:

Unless there has been a recent change, it arrives on the ship frozen.  

We are on Silhouette at the moment so I had a chat with one of the F&B managers. 

The definitive answer seems to be that the juice machines have all gone, but for Luminae & Blu they have one of the kitchen staff manually producing a batch of fresh squeezed orange juice early in the morning.

For all other locations, including the Spa Cafe, the best option is the Premium Orange Juice which is of course prepared ashore. 

• Like 1

Just to add another view.  I have heard that the "machine" OJ could have sanitary issues.  When you think about what is on the exterior of oranges and the cleaning issues of those machines in a public setting, that sort of made sense to me.  On the other hand that may be just bean counter BS.  I do know that premium OJ can be had from the bar in the oceanview because we pick it up there when we are on a package along with cafe Latte.

We ordered Eggs Benedict "with fresh tomatoes, avocado, and fresh crab" at a local French restaurant Sunday. Didn't taste quite right. Asked the manager if the crab was indeed "fresh". He said, "Yes. Fresh from a can".

To me if it's in a can, it's not fresh. Same with orange juice. If' it's in a carton or has been frozen, it's not "fresh squeezed".

35 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Are you next going to tell me that the Catch of the Day seafood wasn’t actually caught that day?

I would think that all fish sold at a restaurant is frozen at some point to get rid of the bacteria even “fresh” fish.

3 hours ago, sasset said:

We ordered Eggs Benedict "with fresh tomatoes, avocado, and fresh crab" at a local French restaurant Sunday. Didn't taste quite right. Asked the manager if the crab was indeed "fresh". He said, "Yes. Fresh from a can".

To me if it's in a can, it's not fresh. Same with orange juice. If' it's in a carton or has been frozen, it's not "fresh squeezed".

so how long does the fish have to wait before you consider it "not fresh"?