Keurig Machine?

artistdld

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

wow I would never even think of packing a coffee maker.    you have so many coffee options onboard.    If you book a JS or above there will be a coffee maker in your cabin, pretty sure that is all ships.

I am always amazed at debarkation the confiscated coffee makers you see on the table to be reclaimed (as well as a rice maker or 2 , electric kettle, and the occasional blender)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Coffee machines are on the list of prohibited items.  From RCI website:

Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Hoverboards
  • Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Sports Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Baby Monitors
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Perishable Food & Meat Products
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

23 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Coffee machines are on the list of prohibited items.  From RCI website:

Prohibited items:

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas.
  • Sharp Objects, including all knives and scissors. (Note: Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.)
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • CBD Oil / CBD Products
  • Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However ""torch lighters"" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited.
  • Hoverboards
  • Martial Arts, Self Defense, and Sports Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray, night sticks.
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks.
  • Hookahs & Water Hookah Pipes.
  • HAM Radios
  • Baby Monitors
  • Electrical Extension Cords
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint.
  • Perishable Food & Meat Products
  • Alcoholic Beverages (Note: On boarding day, each stateroom may bring up to two 750 ml bottles of wine or champagne. Guests who purchase alcohol bottles onboard, in a port-of-call, or bring more than the two permitted bottles on boarding day, will have their items safely stored by the ship. These bottles will be returned on the last day onboard for enjoyment once home. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.)

Those rules need to be updated to include household appliances.  Over the years I have read threads on all of the boards I follow asking if they can bring irons, coffee makers and even a toaster.

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Those rules need to be updated to include household appliances.  Over the years I have read threads on all of the boards I follow asking if they can bring irons, coffee makers and even a toaster.

You mean the toasters the banks gave out when opening an account?  Yep - they need to add those to the list.  Coffee makers and irons are covered. 

4 hours ago, Heymarco said:

It’s also worth mentioning that you can find better coffee onboard than anything a Kruig can make. You can also have coffee delivered to the stateroom for free during breakfast, although you may have to sacrifice quality for that. 

Mine makes a pretty good cup

20210918_143519.thumb.jpg.35af60365b554594be02a4aeb8a7ec67.jpg

Milk frother is awesomeness 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Mine makes a pretty good cuppa

When we had a Kruig we would grind our own beans and make our coffee that way.   Amazing what you can do with the proper beans (e.g. Kona peaberry, Jamaican Blue Mountain Gold,, etc.)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

There may be an option for coffee as well. 

Technically the lounge machine is an espresso maker

Don't know, but I don't  expect they are on the level of the lounge  machines. 

Aren't they now Lavazza expresso machines? I thought there was a thread about how the machine only dispensed a few ounces of coffee at a time?

But back to the question - they are  not Keurig, nor are they standard single cup coffee machines 

M

• Like 1

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am always amazed at debarkation the confiscated coffee makers you see on the table to be reclaimed (as well as a rice maker or 2 , electric kettle, and the occasional blender)

Agree, 21yrs have been Cruising only on Vision or Radiance Class and having average of about 1950 passengers still observe at least 2 Full Tables of seized items on Naughty Table each Cruise 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Yes, they are Lavazza espresso machines that only use specific provides Lavazza capsules.

It made a good cup of espresso.

They also make a lungo, which is a double

Cappuccino, Latte, Machiato, etc are espressos with foamy milk