Royal issue with restarting from Tampa

coaster

24 minutes ago, SummerBeeSweet said:

@coaster October 29 (Labadee switched to CocoCay Nassau)

November 2 (Labadee to Cozumel)

November 6 (Labadee to Cozumel)

November 11 Booked with Cozumel and CocoCay 

Sorry for not able to comprehend so quick.  What ship? You have a wide range of dates. Were you booked on multiple cruises from Tampa?

Edited by coaster

On 9/20/2021 at 12:33 AM, brillohead said:

My 12/5/21 Allure out of Fort Lauderdale is going to Cozumel, Roatan, and Costa Maya -- no Bahamas or USVI.

My 12/12/21 Jewel out of Miami is going to Key West, Grand Cayman (obviously going to be changed), and Cozumel -- no Bahamas or USVI.  

So this whole thread still makes absolutely no sense to me.

Key West is still a go?

Royal Caribbean is trying to get as many sailings as possible with all persons over 12 years old fully vaccinated. Since the Florida Governor is not allowing businesses to ask for proof of Covid vaccinations (like it or not) the only way around this is to change as many sailings as possible to go to the Bahamas which do not allow ships to dock unless all persons over 12 are fully vaccinated.

It is not possible to change every sailing, so some will not be changed. Capacity of the Bahamas will only fit so many ships.

We all like to cruise or we would not be on this site. If there are breakouts of Covid on ships, there will be negativity publicity which will result is even less people wanting to cruise, rates will have to fall even lower, it will be a matter of time before the cruise lines go bust or the CDC stops cruising again.

Royal Caribbean is just trying to keep Covid off their ships as much as they can so that they can stay in Business.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, coaster said:

What date were you schedule on? 

4 hours ago, coaster said:

Sorry for not able to comprehend so quick.  What ship? You have a wide range of dates. Were you booked on multiple cruises from Tampa?

These are all on Mariner out of Port Canaveral. There was a statement about how no ships were going from US to Mexico without a Bahamas stop.

I plan to sail out of Tampa next fall with lots of Cozumel stops

3 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Coaster, when were you notified about this change?

We are scheduled for December 2nd and wonder if we will be changed also.  No word yet.

Email came on 9/17. Almost a month before the first set of sailings departing Tampa.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Who knows.... they say that GC is still a go at this point!  🤣

https://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=caribenautical&op=cal&month=12&year=2021

Jewel is not listed here. My Key West Brilliance oct stop disappeared from this site over a month before RCL made the switch to Serenade and canceled Key West. I would not expect a Key West stop.

48 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

https://www.calendarwiz.com/calendars/calendar.php?crd=caribenautical&op=cal&month=12&year=2021

Jewel is not listed here. My Key West Brilliance oct stop disappeared from this site over a month before RCL made the switch to Serenade and canceled Key West. I would not expect a Key West stop.

4 hours ago, tbmrt said:

Serenade not listed here for December 4th...Would really not like a Key West stop (live in FL!)

It is showing here yet: https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/cozumel-port-26?tab=schedule&month=2021-12#schedule either.

I would not trust that site to be updated. It still shows my (and other) Oct. Brilliance stop as being in Key west, even though ship was switched to Serenade and Brilliance is not in service. 

On 9/21/2021 at 11:21 PM, Vibe said:

Royal Caribbean is trying to get as many sailings as possible with all persons over 12 years old fully vaccinated. Since the Florida Governor is not allowing businesses to ask for proof of Covid vaccinations (like it or not) the only way around this is to change as many sailings as possible to go to the Bahamas which do not allow ships to dock unless all persons over 12 are fully vaccinated.

I thought I saw somewhere that Mexico was going full vax allowed only also. Since the NCL stay was issued, the cruise lines have no problem asking for proof (the law does not make exceptions for what ports require anyway...asking for ships that go to the Bahamas still violates it). But Royal turned a sleepy little private beach stop into a serious revenue stream. They will do everything they can to pack Coco Cay every day. Full capacity I know they could have at least 2 ships there, so at reduced they can probably pack 4 (not sure how many fit at the pier, I haven't been there since 2000....on Sovereign). I wonder if they are limiting it to one ship a day for protocols though.

Intrigued to see how this goes. On Brilliance out of Tampa at the end of Dec. Itinerary is Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Know GCs out...but didn't realize Jamaica likely wasn't an alternative until this thread. 

Don't really want to go to Costa Maya. I was thinking good (likely fruitless) thoughts of Ocho Rios. Since I just did Nassau PDCC this month (and Nassau Ocean Cay also this month) so not keen on the itinerary switching to that either. 

But my thoughts are screw it I've been to any port I could possibly go to (minus a sneak on Key West) on that cruise so what does it matter? I got an damn awesome rate on a NYE so I'm not just binge watching movies alone this year! (Come on cheap black friday drink package)

Edited by smplybcause
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

They will do everything they can to pack Coco Cay every day. Full capacity I know they could have at least 2 ships there, so at reduced they can probably pack 4 (not sure how many fit at the pier, I haven't been there since 2000....on Sovereign). I wonder if they are limiting it to one ship a day for protocols though.

Two ships per day, regardless of ship capacity.  And they have had two ships at a time since COVID.

9 hours ago, RedIguana said:

I thought I saw somewhere that Mexico was going full vax allowed only also. Since the NCL stay was issued, the cruise lines have no problem asking for proof (the law does not make exceptions for what ports require anyway...asking for ships that go to the Bahamas still violates it). But Royal turned a sleepy little private beach stop into a serious revenue stream. They will do everything they can to pack Coco Cay every day. Full capacity I know they could have at least 2 ships there, so at reduced they can probably pack 4 (not sure how many fit at the pier, I haven't been there since 2000....on Sovereign). I wonder if they are limiting it to one ship a day for protocols though.

The stay is only applicable to the named parties which at this time is only NCL.

As brillohead stated CoCo Cay can support two ships and looking at the upcoming schedule the days where there are no ships in port are few and far between. Just quickly looking at Sept and Oct schedules it looks like Coco Cay is at double occupancy about 25-50% of the time.

10 hours ago, RedIguana said:

The law also does not make exceptions for airlines, however they are not being threatened for asking VAX status for flight to a destination that requires it.  

The stay that NCL was granted is exclusive to their ships, no other companies ships can jump on that ruling. 

Edited by not-enough-cruising