Live from Oasis of the Seas - 9/19

mac_tlc

2 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

Okay, so I just asked Rahul the SL concierge what the deal is. Beer, wine, soda, water are free between 11 and 11. 
I’ll test it out tomorrow😜

mac_tlc

great news. i need a few bottles of water in the cabin but not enough to order an entire case. 

3 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Okay, so I just asked Rahul the SL concierge what the deal is. Beer, wine, soda, water are free between 11 and 11. 

mac_tlc

Whew, that is a relief. Thanks for checking on this 👍

• Like 1

I am trying to preplan out my shows around my dining time. We are doing MTD @ 6:30 and have some questions:

1. What is the average time to allow for our dinner for the 2 of us in the Main Dining Room? I wasn't sure if it automatically blocks off a 2 hour window from 6:30-8:30 that you can't book any shows during that time.

2. Are we allowed to show up a little early since it is MTD (like maybe 6pm) if we are worried about getting to a show?

3.How long are the Adult Comedy Shows, Headliners & Aqua Shows? If they are held more than once during the cruise are they the exact same show or act?

4. What is a Red Party?

5. What shows or comedians aren't worth seeing? I know each person has their own opinion, but for the most part RCCL has excellent entertainment, but we have sat through a couple of pretty bad ones. I know that CATS has a lot of bad reviews, but as it is the only Broadway show that we haven't seen yet on RCCL, we are willing to give it a try this cruise.

11 hours ago, bren61 said:

I am trying to preplan out my shows around my dining time. We are doing MTD @ 6:30 and have some questions:

1. What is the average time to allow for our dinner for the 2 of us in the Main Dining Room? I wasn't sure if it automatically blocks off a 2 hour window from 6:30-8:30 that you can't book any shows during that time.

2. Are we allowed to show up a little early since it is MTD (like maybe 6pm) if we are worried about getting to a show?

3.How long are the Adult Comedy Shows, Headliners & Aqua Shows? If they are held more than once during the cruise are they the exact same show or act?

4. What is a Red Party?

5. What shows or comedians aren't worth seeing? I know each person has their own opinion, but for the most part RCCL has excellent entertainment, but we have sat through a couple of pretty bad ones. I know that CATS has a lot of bad reviews, but as it is the only Broadway show that we haven't seen yet on RCCL, we are willing to give it a try this cruise.

I’ll try and answer a few:

As far as showing up early, I think 15 minutes is probably ok but 30 minutes seems like a lot. But, with reduced capacity maybe it’s ok. If you tell your waiter that you have a show to catch, we have had dinner in an hour. They will accommodate you if you have a tight schedule. Shows are of varying lengths. Aqua Show is 55 minutes, headliners usually 45 minutes. Cats is 90 minutes. Ice show 45 minutes. Comedy show is 50 minutes. Multiple offerings at different times through the week. I have attached the show schedule for the week. 

All shows are offered more than once and they are the same show. 

We don’t go to the comedians. The Aqua Show is a can’t miss show. IMHO is blows away the aqua shows on any of the other O-class ships and we have seen them all. We really enjoy the Ice Show, especially the sand art guy on Oasis. We will probably skip Cats. Saw half of it a few years back and it just doesn’t resonate with us —— and we love cats, have two waiting for us to get home. Hairspray, Grease and MamaMia are much better, IOHO. 

6B2413DA-ADE0-4C1F-8A4A-DCD209EEB782.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

Any word on love and marriage show returning?

laser tag returning?

No sign of either this week. Interestingly, on Allure last month they did do the Love and Marriage show, in the afternoon one day. Couples stayed on the stage, didn’t go back stage, and one of the couple wore headphones when the other was asked questions. 

mac_tlc

36 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

As far as showing up early, I think 15 minutes is probably ok but 30 minutes seems like a lot. But, with reduced capacity maybe it’s ok. If you tell your waiter that you have a show to catch, we have had dinner in an hour. They will accommodate you if you have a tight schedule. Shows are of varying lengths. Aqua Show is 55 minutes, headliners usually 45 minutes. Cats is 90 minutes. Ice show 45 minutes. Comedy show is 50 minutes. Multiple offerings at different times through the week. I have attached the show schedule for the week. 

We don’t go to the comedians. The Aqua Show is a can’t miss show. IMHO is blows away the aqua shows on any of the other O-class ships and we have seen them all. We really enjoy the Ice Show, especially the sand art guy on Oasis. We will probably skip Cats. Saw half of it a few years back and it just doesn’t resonate with us —— and we love cats, have two waiting for us to get home. Hairspray, Grease and MamaMia are much better, IOHO. 

Was the sand art guy on this cruise? We did see a lady do it on one of the Royal ships & she was excellent. DH said he’s skipping ice show, saw just too many, but if I tell him the sand art would be on I think he would go. 

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

Thanks so much for the info & times to expect, you've been very helpful!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LorraineP said:

Was the sand art guy on this cruise? We did see a lady do it on one of the Royal ships & she was excellent. DH said he’s skipping ice show, saw just too many, but if I tell him the sand art would be on I think he would go. 

Yea the sand art guy was here. I would go to the show just to see him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, babblinbabs said:

Have a question on vaccination cards.  Will they accept a laminated copy or does it have to be the original?

Ours is the original, in a plastic holder so it doesn’t get destroyed. I would think so long as it shows the name, doses,dates, location, lot # , it should be ok.

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

mac_tlc

Mystery solved. Here is my free beer in the Suite Lounge at 12:00pm. Of course I waited until noon. 😜

91920DC8-136B-4889-864D-344C806FC1C2.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

How was Cococay? Did you have a perfect day😂  We’re getting on when you’re getting off and no email from the concierge. Have you had issues getting dinner reservations in CK?

We did get an email from the concierge and had them make all our CK reservations. Having gone for dinner three times already there seems to be plenty of room. 

CocoCay was wonderful. We spent the whole day in the pool. Love it. Here are some pictures.

E90008BE-59F2-493A-A40F-741EB6235BD4.jpeg

6A8A752C-2A5F-4AB9-9C0F-0C686DB72FBE.jpeg

E72ED78A-A117-473B-9372-185D2216BECD.jpeg

295E4C45-D04A-4F97-BE0B-77375A36C7F8.jpeg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We did get an email from the concierge and had them make all our CK reservations. Having gone for dinner three times already there seems to be plenty of room. 

CocoCay was wonderful. We spent the whole day in the pool. Love it. Here are some pictures.

E90008BE-59F2-493A-A40F-741EB6235BD4.jpeg

6A8A752C-2A5F-4AB9-9C0F-0C686DB72FBE.jpeg

E72ED78A-A117-473B-9372-185D2216BECD.jpeg

295E4C45-D04A-4F97-BE0B-77375A36C7F8.jpeg

Looks wonderful! That’s where I plan to plant myself.

I’m not going to worry about the reservations. I know we won’t go hungry on that ship! Now we just have to pass the Covid test tomorrow. 

Did you get off the ship in Nassau? We haven’t decided what we were going to do yet but we’re leaning toward staying onboard.

• Like 1