Haven Cost

roger001

1 minute ago, Calvin said:

Oh, I assumed that the room service menu was the room service menu! Are you saying that if my daughter orders something from room service, it can be made in the Haven restaurant, or are you saying that they could have different offers from that restaurant? I already knew we could have room service delivered during meal times from the Haven (which my wife and I will never do, but my daughter might!)

Let me say it this way.  The Haven Restaurant has a Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner menu.  The are the same every day.  My son and or your daughter does not want to go to dinner with us.  Happens all the time.  The make a selection from the Haven Dinner menu.  Example: Prime Rib with Beef short ribs as an appetizer. It the item is not on the menu, I am NOT saying it will be made in the Haven Restaurant.  

For me, the usual room service menu does not usually have steak & eggs for breakfast.  The Haven Menu does.  So when I order steak & eggs to my suite, the butler gets if from the Haven Restaurant. No charge for room service, that is why you have a butler.  Also, if you have a specialty restaurant package, or you want to pay for a specialty restaurant; your butler will serve it to you in courses on your veranda if you like. Remember, alcoholic beverages not included regardless of your drink package. 

I hope that answers your question.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BSR said:

@Sthrngary  Looking at a Haven courtyard suite on the Bliss.  Do you have a recommendation for a certain cabin to book?

No, that is up to you.  Some folks only want a Haven Suite that is in the Haven Courtyard.  Others want a bigger Haven Suite but it is outside the Courtyard.  There is something to say about being in the courtyard with your suite.  The aft Haven Penthouse with Large balcony is on the other side of the ship but that balcony is spectacular.  Pros and cons.  You have to decide for yourself. 

1 minute ago, Sthrngary said:

No, that is up to you.  Some folks only want a Haven Suite that is in the Haven Courtyard.  Others want a bigger Haven Suite but it is outside the Courtyard.  There is something to say about being in the courtyard with your suite.  The aft Haven Penthouse with Large balcony is on the other side of the ship but that balcony is spectacular.  Pros and cons.  You have to decide for yourself. 

Yes I see there is pros and cons and will have to decide what I want.  Thanks for the info.

We have the Haven Family Villa booked on the Breakaway coming up Dec 14.  This is for my hubby, my adult daughter and I. This only happened after two previous cancellations and rebookings. We started with our own separate cabins  (balcony and solo) - cancelled - voucher w/ extra credit. Combined vouchers and rebooked to Haven Aft Penthouse (Large suite in back of ship) to sail in a single cabin (in case of quarantine - nice to have larger space).  That was cancelled.  We took voucher with extra credit and rebooked the 2 bedroom family villa right in the Haven. Much better for the 3 of us. Walking from the back of the ship to the Haven was not what I wanted to do multiple times /day,
Small extra charge for this rebooking but nice upgrade. And finally it looks like we won't have to rebook again. 
So, the price of a balcony and a solo cabin - can pay for a Haven 2 Bedroom Family Villa (if you are lucky).  At the prices now, I would not pay for it out right. 

40 minutes ago, BSR said:

@Sthrngary  Looking at a Haven courtyard suite on the Bliss.  Do you have a recommendation for a certain cabin to book?

you can look at the plans and decide if you care about people walking in front of your cabin or not. to a degree. you can only enter haven one way but you can get out more than one way. so if you got a cabin near the entrance vs near the lounge, you will get one way traffic at most. a small thing but if there are kids running around you can hear them in the hall. also the lower haven deck has larger balconies. may as well get them for the same cost.  also there is one or 2 accessible cabins if i recall and of course u shouldnt get them if you dont need them as there is a big difference in the setup for them. google for a view of the cabin. 

40 minutes ago, BSR said:

you can look at the plans and decide if you care about people walking in front of your cabin or not. to a degree. you can only enter haven one way but you can get out more than one way. so if you got a cabin near the entrance vs near the lounge, you will get one way traffic at most. a small thing but if there are kids running around you can hear them in the hall. also the lower haven deck has larger balconies. may as well get them for the same cost.  also there is one or 2 accessible cabins if i recall and of course u shouldnt get them if you dont need them as there is a big difference in the setup for them. google for a view of the cabin. 

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

I'm looking at Deck 17 and trying to decide if there is a difference from one side to the another.  Do you recommend a cabin?

My rule of thumb for Haven pricing is no more than $1000 per day for two people. That means

$7,000 for a one week cruise. We lucked out once and got a 9 day cruise for aprox. $7,000 but

had to pay much more when we sailed the Encore but we really wanted to go.

It's different on different ships and different seasons for different lengths of time.

Thanksgiving 2018, 7 day, we had a 2 bdrm on Getaway for $12.5k for four people.

Early November 2019, 7 day, we had 2 bdrm on Breakaway for $7k for four people (it was $5k for a 1 bdrm for two people).

Thanksgiving 2021, 7 day, we have a 1 bdrm on Joy for $7k for two people.

I wouldn't hesitate to book a room on a newer ship between $700-900/day. That would seem like a good value to me.

Personally once the haven costs more than an exclusive cruise company it’s not good value 

You are still cruising on a mid market ship once you leave the doorway of the haven, same with excursions. 
The latest pricing on the Haven is crazy 

8 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Personally once the haven costs more than an exclusive cruise company it’s not good value 

You are still cruising on a mid market ship once you leave the doorway of the haven, same with excursions. 
The latest pricing on the Haven is crazy 

I agree and I LOVE Haven.  So when I agree, I am coming from a position of strength.  Let me add, I have an op-ed "The Secrets of the Haven Luxury Experience" here on CruiseCritic.com.  However, lets please be clear, it is a different cruising experience.  

I recently did a 7-Day Crystal Cruises sailing in August 2021.  It was the Haven on the entire ship on steroids.  Every single person was treated the same in every stateroom level.  The personalized serves and food were over the top.  The investment was $2,400.00 per person for a stateroom with a veranda. 

That is a bargain.  

Now what also has to be mentioned is that I missed the entertainment, water slides, go cart tracks, music, games, bingo and a lot more that I get on a large main stream ship.  What my experience taught me was I have a NEW appreciation for the Haven type experience.  The best of both worlds. Yet if one can get a true positive experience and value from considering brands like Crystal.  It was something I am so glad I had.  

Price makes a difference and should be considered.  

Cruise well everyone. 

Everyone has their own level of comfort when making pricing decisions, obviously.

In our case, I can't even conceive of spending $1000 (or more) per day for any suite, Haven or otherwise.  We've sailed in suites many times and never paid anything even approaching those prices.  And that includes 2 BR (Haven and non-Haven) on NCL and Royal, Retreat suites on Celebrity and suites on Premium lines like Azamara and Oceania. 

If we had to pay that kind of dough, we would be staying in 5 star hotels and eating in Michelin starred restaurants.  Which can be done many, many places worldwide for that kind of $$$$.

• Thanks 1

We did the 2018 and 2019 TA aboard Epic in a 2-BR in the Haven.  We booked the second TA before we'd even sailed on the first.  We'd originally booked a Panama Canal cruise in an aft-facing suite in a non-Haven ship for 2019 but found the Epic 2-BR cabin was $3000 less for a longer sailing.  And then NCL had a Black Friday sale in 2017 that dropped the price of our 2018 sailing by $3000.  During the year before our 2019 trip its price dropped enough that we were able to use the savings to add the follow on BCN-Civittavecchia-BCN 7 day sailing in the same cabin at what the TA's original cost had been.  In other words, though prices are extremely high at the moment, everything is subject to change.  

2 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

I agree and I LOVE Haven.  So when I agree, I am coming from a position of strength.  Let me add, I have an op-ed "The Secrets of the Haven Luxury Experience" here on CruiseCritic.com.  However, lets please be clear, it is a different cruising experience.  

I recently did a 7-Day Crystal Cruises sailing in August 2021.  It was the Haven on the entire ship on steroids.  Every single person was treated the same in every stateroom level.  The personalized serves and food were over the top.  The investment was $2,400.00 per person for a stateroom with a veranda. 

That is a bargain.  

Now what also has to be mentioned is that I missed the entertainment, water slides, go cart tracks, music, games, bingo and a lot more that I get on a large main stream ship.  What my experience taught me was I have a NEW appreciation for the Haven type experience.  The best of both worlds. Yet if one can get a true positive experience and value from considering brands like Crystal.  It was something I am so glad I had.  

Price makes a difference and should be considered.  

Cruise well everyone. 

I'd like to second that point, in addition to adding one more:

value is a subjective term. While our next sailing will be our first experience in a “full-fledged” Haven, I expect my wife will genuinely appreciate the higher level of service, food, and exclusivity the Haven provides, while I will appreciate mostly the large ship aspects of a 4000 passenger vessel.  As a big kid, I enjoy the water park, water slides, buffets, incredible entertainment options, etc, in addition to the upgraded service and food in the Haven.  So in my opinion, this “best of both worlds” experience is actually worth more than a typical elite 7 Day cruise on a luxury ship, simply because we each have different desires!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To add to this thread. I priced out the Joy for 11/20/2021 and here are the results.

Two passengers, Get Up To ALL Free at Sea Offers.

Haven H1   $7,213.78/2 passengers = $3,606.89/7 Days = $515.27/day/passenger

Haven H5 $17,587.78/2 passengers = $8,793.39/7 Days = $1,256.27/day/passenger

What would you do? Why?

Stay Safe!

14 minutes ago, Oxo said:

To add to this thread. I priced out the Joy for 11/20/2021 and here are the results.

What would you do? Why?

Stay Safe!

That's not an H1. It's an HI. There's no H1 on the Joy. 

Edited by newty25
  • Like 1

We're doing another TA on Epic in April 2023 from NYC to Barcelona.  Breakaway is also departing from NYC the same month with pretty much the same itinerary but ending in Civitavecchia.  The BA's cruise is one day longer (16 days vs 15 on Epic).  The H6 on Epic is $7400 less than the H6 on Breakaway (for 2 pax)  Granted, overall the BA is a nicer, better designed ship, but the Haven on Epic is better than BA's.  It's bigger and less crowded.  We've experienced the Haven on Getaway and Escape, as well.  $7400 for one more day at sea is a bit steep, but I'm sure somebody will pay for it.  Epic's Haven usually offers the most bang for your buck if the Haven is the only thing you care about.

8 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What would you do? Why?

Stay Safe!

If people are not clear by your date, this is a Holiday sailing (Thanksgiving) which are normally higher as the ship has a better chance of being fully booked.  All that being said, I set my limit at 500 per day per person in Haven, so even this cruise qualifies for me.  To give a comparison of why I go on "off time":

Joy, 2/12/2022:

Haven HI   $6301.24/2 passengers = $3150.62/7 Days = $450.09/day/passenger

Haven H5 $10641.24/2 passengers = $5310.62/7 Days = $758.66/day/passenger

So, what would I do?  I would go in Feb, and take the lowest room, because it is still the Haven and awesome.  The lowest room BTW is even less then these two, and was under 400 a day, so well within what I normally would be comfortable with.

All that said, choose what you like and can afford, and most of all, ENJOY!!!

9 minutes ago, newty25 said:

That's not an H1. It's an HI. There's no H1 on the Joy. 

OMG! Send me to the naughty room. LOL

I guess I'm human since I made a mistake.

So,  what would you do and why? 

17 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

If people are not clear by your date, this is a Holiday sailing (Thanksgiving) which are normally higher as the ship has a better chance of being fully booked.  All that being said, I set my limit at 500 per day per person in Haven, so even this cruise qualifies for me.  To give a comparison of why I go on "off time":

Joy, 2/12/2022:

Haven HI   $6301.24/2 passengers = $3150.62/7 Days = $450.09/day/passenger

Haven H5 $10641.24/2 passengers = $5310.62/7 Days = $758.66/day/passenger

So, what would I do?  I would go in Feb, and take the lowest room, because it is still the Haven and awesome.  The lowest room BTW is even less then these two, and was under 400 a day, so well within what I normally would be comfortable with.

All that said, choose what you like and can afford, and most of all, ENJOY!!!

Thanks for your reply.  I chose that specific date because that is what I have booked now. Nov is a very special month for us.  DW birthday and our Wedding Anniversary.

Didn't mean to try to use the most expensive time.

We are on the BLISS in Feb 2022.

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Thanks for your reply.  I chose that specific date because that is what I have booked now. Nov is a very special month for us.  DW birthday and our Wedding Anniversary.

Didn't mean to try to use the most expensive time.

We are on the BLISS in Feb 2022.

Totally understand, Wedding Anniversary for me as well.  We try to go end of Oct. or early Nov. as those are great deals as well.  I just wanted to let people know that is probably a little high compared to dates around it.  Hope you enjoy your cruise!

6 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

Totally understand, Wedding Anniversary for me as well.  We try to go end of Oct. or early Nov. as those are great deals as well.  I just wanted to let people know that is probably a little high compared to dates around it.  Hope you enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! We cruise every Nov since 1986 and only missed last Year due to the C19. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

28 minutes ago, Oxo said:

OMG! Send me to the naughty room. LOL

I guess I'm human since I made a mistake.

So,  what would you do and why? 

No need to fret. H1 is a higher class of room than the H5 and the prices would reflect that accordingly.

But, if I were required to do something, I would send you into Oxo timeout. 🙂