Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

Wow!  Another fantastic live review.  I too love all your food and drink p0rn.  Glad that the long wait was worth all the headaches prior to boarding.

Excited to see what you think of the Mardi Gras.  I booked it shortly after starting to read Saint Greg's review.

Take care!

Mary

• Like 1

I just now finished compiling all the usernames of all of you great people who followed along on my epic adventure on Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady... In the next day or so, I'll have it typed up and published. Thank you all so much for your patience, and thanks again for reading... 

IMG_20211109_124400454.jpg

• Like 12

Sorry for the extended delay, but I am now finally prepared to thank each and every one of you who followed along, and commented along the way... I would also like to thank the "lurkers", however unless you chime in, I have no way of knowing who you are. This adventure was nearly two years in the making, and four days was simply not enough to experience everything on board the Scarlet Lady. Fortunately, I have a back to back cruise coming up next May, which will put me back on board for nine glorious days!... I was thinking about everything that I went through attempting to get myself onto this ship. I was "this close" to just giving up several times, but then, I'm a very perserverient person... Their customer service in Miami nearly brought me to the brink of insanity with their erroneous and often flat out wrong information. I realize that they're just telling customers whatever the higher ups tell them, but at a certain point, you've just got to level with your customers for better or for worse. 

Once on board, almost everything that I'd been through was pretty much forgiven. The food and the beverages, as well as the crew far exceeded my expectations. On my next sailing, I vow to eat and drink everything on the entire ship... 

So, without further adieu, I would like to personally thank you all once again. It's YOU that makes all of the hard work putting this all together worth it...

Quacks the Cruiser, Lady Hudson, ceilidh1, jbhcw, TravelGirlinDallas, Sea Viewer, JRL81, SenatorsFan, pl281, kpark895, blarko, AmyJA, prbffd28, soccersharon, meatball_nyc, odie1024, Shaded Lady, ktmush2, MzShae, 30palms, adam3313, purpleally, BohJang, BigNance, Sadebud, deedle7544, garyfreedman, Hogladyrider, LincolnLog, luvcruzing, HeyJut, Prnsessmoi, Von & John, britincanada, pebbles1102, Saint Greg, maluhia87, Hooked Already, All-ready2cruise, AKR2011, Jim and Monika, Nclgetawaymenhoney, FLCruiser97, Lady Becca, rwest898, Jamman54, fethiyeden, Milly1966, Webecruzen, eileeshb, tlcm, pbxtech, CallistaSkye, E@syPe@zy, FutureMartian, Cheesegirl23, lazydayz, LibrianMonroe, Kesali, cmecruise1962, cml4958, peteandpris, rmandmm, lilchuckie, chefestelle, Slainte57, CruisinMama2003, JandPB, Wildcatllamas, Cherries Jubilee, princess76021, ZoeyVictoria, kdiamond55, Cairns Cruisers, oceania, Falconrunner26, LadyLion_AP, erikb923, kelkel2, abpplh, barbiecruiser27, Cscomedygrl, JennyB1977, DandytheCop, brookie848, PTC DAWG, HaleyAtSea, NameThatFunnel, classy_cruiser, Delasolbaltimore, FlGoodShips, greenenvy, Teacherloves2Cruise, sprinkles, JayandKatie207, venicecruiser, Shamrock73, drewdawg199, RenoNanaOz, TheGrandSnackoneer, eroller, Jasukkie, CazV, Iggiepolka, figmentfreak, PiperHolliday, zencruisers, Houst, indygirl76, Master 0396, janbear, CelticMCO, Craig1970, Dreamingana, JustAPilot, ubarpants, roberts, Ken076, Ragdollbd, DubNHub, bones774, Tangojango, pretty princess, edspec, racertommy, pl281, mopedmom1, silvercrikhix, gingersvp, Duke95, doctork, sunshower9, atanac, nccruzencouple, aztekpm, disneyfan72, mommio, catgags, chloeyoh, Smileonboard, balcony bound, LincolnLegend, drpack, pcrum, nimi17, flwinejunkie...

• Like 17
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, blarko said:

Better not forget me this time 😂😂

Great Job on the Review Sid...
I've been very quiet lately on all fronts & truly enjoyed the cruise with you!

Johnny & I are looking at cruises once again & hope to book one or two in the next week or so...

@blarko - Just wanted to note you did indeed make the list 🙂
# 11 I believe

• Like 2

On 11/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, sid_9169 said:

Sorry for the extended delay, but I am now finally prepared to thank each and every one of you who followed along, and commented along the way... I would also like to thank the "lurkers", however unless you chime in, I have no way of knowing who you are. This adventure was nearly two years in the making, and four days was simply not enough to experience everything on board the Scarlet Lady. Fortunately, I have a back to back cruise coming up next May, which will put me back on board for nine glorious days!... I was thinking about everything that I went through attempting to get myself onto this ship. I was "this close" to just giving up several times, but then, I'm a very perserverient person... Their customer service in Miami nearly brought me to the brink of insanity with their erroneous and often flat out wrong information. I realize that they're just telling customers whatever the higher ups tell them, but at a certain point, you've just got to level with your customers for better or for worse. 

Once on board, almost everything that I'd been through was pretty much forgiven. The food and the beverages, as well as the crew far exceeded my expectations. On my next sailing, I vow to eat and drink everything on the entire ship... 

So, without further adieu, I would like to personally thank you all once again. It's YOU that makes all of the hard work putting this all together worth it...

Quacks the Cruiser, Lady Hudson, ceilidh1, jbhcw, TravelGirlinDallas, Sea Viewer, JRL81, SenatorsFan, pl281, kpark895, blarko, AmyJA, prbffd28, soccersharon, meatball_nyc, odie1024, Shaded Lady, ktmush2, MzShae, 30palms, adam3313, purpleally, BohJang, BigNance, Sadebud, deedle7544, garyfreedman, Hogladyrider, LincolnLog, luvcruzing, HeyJut, Prnsessmoi, Von & John, britincanada, pebbles1102, Saint Greg, maluhia87, Hooked Already, All-ready2cruise, AKR2011, Jim and Monika, Nclgetawaymenhoney, FLCruiser97, Lady Becca, rwest898, Jamman54, fethiyeden, Milly1966, Webecruzen, eileeshb, tlcm, pbxtech, CallistaSkye, E@syPe@zy, FutureMartian, Cheesegirl23, lazydayz, LibrianMonroe, Kesali, cmecruise1962, cml4958, peteandpris, rmandmm, lilchuckie, chefestelle, Slainte57, CruisinMama2003, JandPB, Wildcatllamas, Cherries Jubilee, princess76021, ZoeyVictoria, kdiamond55, Cairns Cruisers, oceania, Falconrunner26, LadyLion_AP, erikb923, kelkel2, abpplh, barbiecruiser27, Cscomedygrl, JennyB1977, DandytheCop, brookie848, PTC DAWG, HaleyAtSea, NameThatFunnel, classy_cruiser, Delasolbaltimore, FlGoodShips, greenenvy, Teacherloves2Cruise, sprinkles, JayandKatie207, venicecruiser, Shamrock73, drewdawg199, RenoNanaOz, TheGrandSnackoneer, eroller, Jasukkie, CazV, Iggiepolka, figmentfreak, PiperHolliday, zencruisers, Houst, indygirl76, Master 0396, janbear, CelticMCO, Craig1970, Dreamingana, JustAPilot, ubarpants, roberts, Ken076, Ragdollbd, DubNHub, bones774, Tangojango, pretty princess, edspec, racertommy, pl281, mopedmom1, silvercrikhix, gingersvp, Duke95, doctork, sunshower9, atanac, nccruzencouple, aztekpm, disneyfan72, mommio, catgags, chloeyoh, Smileonboard, balcony bound, LincolnLegend, drpack, pcrum, nimi17, flwinejunkie...

Yay - I’m at the top! Must have been my tip on how to access Richards Rooftop!

Really enjoyed your review - we’re on Valiant Lady in April and Resilient Lady in August!

QTC

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was considering booking VV, just curious about it in general until I read your review and looked at all of your pictures. OH EM GEE, thank you for posting so many fantastic pics of the ship and food "pron", it pushed me over the edge and I have booked a 5-night cruise in March 2022.  Thank you James/Sid!

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 12:02 PM, LibratPDX said:

I was considering booking VV, just curious about it in general until I read your review and looked at all of your pictures. OH EM GEE, thank you for posting so many fantastic pics of the ship and food "pron", it pushed me over the edge and I have booked a 5-night cruise in March 2022.  Thank you James/Sid!

You won't regret it!... They do things differently, but it's a great experience overall... Thanks for reading...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2021 at 11:43 AM, sid_9169 said:

You won't regret it!... They do things differently, but it's a great experience overall... Thanks for reading...

I was so glad I read your posts sid_9169. The insight you provided helped with getting onboard and acquainted with the ship. Thanks for everything you shared.

I have to say - out of all the cruises I have been on and the high end steak houses that I have eaten in the food on Virgin beat them all. 

I am looking at doing the cruise around the Greek Isles next September.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have several books to read but decided last night to re read this whole blog again.  The food looks amazing and I am anxious to learn more about cruising Virgin.  Pool is small but most adults(me) don’t actually go in the pool but sit on the side and get a little wet while catching some rays.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhiteOptima said:

I have several books to read but decided last night to re read this whole blog again.  The food looks amazing and I am anxious to learn more about cruising Virgin.  Pool is small but most adults(me) don’t actually go in the pool but sit on the side and get a little wet while catching some rays.

Thanks for reading!... I can't wait to be back on board at the end of May for a back to back sailing...

Screenshot_20211231-100935.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kirtens said:

Sid if you want a mask that lets you breathe almost 100% freely, check out the Unmask (available online). I got mine yesterday and it’s a game changer. 

The disclaimer leads me to believe the mask is nearly useless.

Breathing 100% freely is what spreads COVID.  That's what a mask prevents.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, benjaminnicholas said:

The disclaimer leads me to believe the mask is nearly useless.

Breathing 100% freely is what spreads COVID.  That's what a mask prevents.

My thinking as well. I could not find anywhere on the site a claim to meeting any mask related standard. The only note on filtration was a mention that the mask prevented droplets from escaping. I took this to mean that it was as good as a single layer cloth mask. ☹️

• Like 2

16 hours ago, kirtens said:

Sid if you want a mask that lets you breathe almost 100% freely, check out the Unmask (available online). I got mine yesterday and it’s a game changer. 

Now, that's my kind of "mask"... I may have to look into getting a couple of those...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really felt like I got the VV experience reading your blog. Thank you for sharing the highs and the lows and everything inbetween. You sold the experience well, especially for foodies; I don’t think it’s for me, though. It’s cool that they offer a unique experience from other cruise lines, though, since we all know we each have our own cruising style, and there’s a line out there to cater to each style. So glad you finally got to sail and can’t wait to read about your next cruises! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I also wanted to add that I truly believe Virgin chose the most deserving winner in their contest; congratulations! 

Yes, I was truly grateful to be able to sail on the MerMaiden voyage, and for free to boot. I will have to claim the value of the cruise on my taxes though, so I'm not looking forward to what that comes out to... 116 days to go!

Screenshot_20220131-072047.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

WOW that was quite the blog/review read every post in one siting, five stars. I only heard about VV the other week so I've been all over this board since, needless to say my next cruise will be aboard VV with much credit due to you and your review. You can only go on NCL so much (12x) plus anther 6 or so on RCL , this cruise line looks like it threw a wrench in the works which in my opinion is what the industry needs. Happy Sailing 😁

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAVECHIPP1974 said:

WOW that was quite the blog/review read every post in one siting, five stars. I only heard about VV the other week so I've been all over this board since, needless to say my next cruise will be aboard VV with much credit due to you and your review. You can only go on NCL so much (12x) plus anther 6 or so on RCL , this cruise line looks like it threw a wrench in the works which in my opinion is what the industry needs. Happy Sailing 😁

Thanks so much for your compliments, and thanks for reading. I can't wait to be back on board the Scarlet Lady in May... 90 days to go!

Screenshot_20220226-085916.png

• Like 1