Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

On 9/29/2021 at 1:11 PM, sid_9169 said:

I just got this email from Virgin Voyages... They send me these all the time, even though I'm already booked...

Screenshot_20210929-160759.thumb.png.0188f2cf6e3a992664b30034a2771d15.png

Screenshot_20210929-160813.png

It is their flawed email system-People actually sailing get hardly any emails-Then anyone on their subscription lists gets too many..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I just now dug this gift from Virgin Voyages from the bottom of my suitcase... The bottle opener, that claims to also be a wine opener, but I don't see how.

PXL_20211012_003644106.thumb.jpg.812dbd6fa72733b0c7ccda7ef76138b0.jpg

PXL_20211012_003658399.jpg

1 hour ago, HaleyAtSea said:

Does the top (long) part twist at all? It looks like a corkscrew might be hid in the middle part!

That is what I first thought. But on closer examination it appears that the scale and the center cap form a single piece that can be pulled out.

• Like 2

On 10/3/2021 at 4:48 PM, sid_9169 said:

I have some serious trouble sleeping at night, so I have to pack five different things to help try to get to sleep... This, and ear plugs, since I have no idea what kind of noise might be going on outside my cabin in the wee hours of the night...

PXL_20211003_214607919.jpg

One time we ridiculously took an upgrade cabin right off the atrium/lobby. Good lord it was loud!  Door banging, crazy music and drunks all night long. And, it was a handicap accessible cabin with the fold down seat in the shower. 

All you germaphobes know we stayed as far away from that fold down seat in the tiny shower. 

We shoved towels under the door to lessen the sound. 

I’m with Sid now with packing earplugs 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

The app is being wonky again. I just received a message about debarking in Costa Maya, which I assume is where they are today. Only, I'm not on the ship anymore.

Screenshot_20211012-110621.png

Not just Virgin that has a wonky IT department.  After I booked a 2023 cruise for myself and my daughter, a few days later I got an e-mail from Celebrity, my e-mail address, my daughter's name, thanking me for booking this cruise, only it wasn't the cruise I had even booked - both the date and the ports were wrong!  And for some reason, I continue to get promo e-mails from celebrity at my secondary e-mail address, only addressed to someone not with my name!  That has been going on for more than 2 years now!

• Like 3

Sid

Thanks for all the wonderful photos! I'm glad you had a great time on Scarlet Lady!

If I didn't just book a cruise last Friday for February. I would book Scarlet asap!

Thanks for taking the time and sharing!!

Catherine

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Just started my online check in for my next Virgin Voyage coming up in 227 days...

Screenshot_20211012-095204.png

I just completed as much of the online check in as I could (no flights booked yet), and didn't get the option of choosing an embarkation time, but was offered a driver. I am assuming that as we are 'mega rockstars' (thank you FCC) we don't need to book a slot. I am getting on that ship at 2pm!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, britincanada said:

I just completed as much of the online check in as I could (no flights booked yet), and didn't get the option of choosing an embarkation time, but was offered a driver. I am assuming that as we are 'mega rockstars' (thank you FCC) we don't need to book a slot. I am getting on that ship at 2pm!!!

Rockstar Suites get priority boarding and testing prior to "regular passengers" like me... When I was in the waiting area, they separated the Rockstar Suites from the other passengers regardless of boarding time. I luckily had arrived two hours early, instead of the recommended one hour early. 

• Like 1

Thanks Sid for another great review. Because of this review, my wife would like to try a Virgin cruise. It looks like we could be on your second leg of tour B2B. It fits our schedule. You’ll know if we actually pull the trigger. 

haven’t said it yet, love your new home. 

• Like 2

Excellent review, finally got home from Albuquerque and first thing I needed to do was catch up on your review. Loved the food p0rn, you must have been in your glory as you truly are a food connoisseur.  Definitely a different looking ship. Not sure if this ship is for me but loved your review and look forward to your next one. You definitely should be doing something with travel and food reviews even just to supplement your income.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, garymfreedman said:

Hey @sid_9169or anyone that has been on VV-Best apparel on board? A friend who has not been on VV said dress slacks and shirt-That won't work on VV..

There are several boutique type clothing shops on board for men and women. Personally, I didn't wear a single pair of long pants at all while on board, and it wasn't a problem at all. One night I wore swimming trunks and a t-shirt to Pink Agave, and they didn't bat an eye...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chloeyoh said:

Saw a question here on the IV facilities. They offer the service on deck 15 (notwithstanding the adventure Sid took on deck 4). It’s at Redemption Spa with the doctor, in the Medi Spa. $159 for the treatment.

6FFDE95F-54A5-469A-9885-23E41F8B5AE2.jpeg

I can't believe it's a thing.

• Like 2