Live from Allure - Oct 3, 2021 - Cruising with Covid 🤔

Just found your review-thanks for taking the time to post 

Were you ever told (prior to sailing)  that this particular sailing  might have reduced entertainment or that some crewmembers were quarantined?  I wonder if some guests would have cancelled. 
thanks,

m

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

10 in line for the FlowRider?  Oh the Horror

Depending on their skills it could be horror.🤣

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Loving the long hours showing on the cruise compass for the FlowRider.

Agreed on that.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually the sound was worse on the BW. Poorly engineered if you ask me.  Bad acoustics. Told the CD. He agreed. I said it might sound better if it wasn't so loud😉

Why do they insist on cranking up the volume in so many venues.  We had to leave the main theater because the headliner was so loud that it bothered my wife's ears (Tinnitus).  It's not like their target audience is a bunch of 20 somethings who are used to being in a nightclub.  Same with the sound volume in the CocoCay pool. 

I must be getting old.  GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Like 6
  • Haha 18

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

In the DL pre dinner. Not quite full.

$13 ginger ale😉

20211006_171031.jpg

What does Canada Dry and Bare Naked Ladies have in common you might ask?  

The answer is much more Canadian than Sorento's Canadian Pizza, it isn't maple syrup, and it is no Big Bang Theory. 😉 

Drink it up.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, bobmacliberty said:

Why do they insist on cranking up the volume in so many venues.  We had to leave the main theater because the headliner was so loud that it bothered my wife's ears (Tinnitus).  It's not like their target audience is a bunch of 20 somethings who are used to being in a nightclub.  Same with the sound volume in the CocoCay pool. 

I have encountered really bad volume issues in Studio B during the ice shows.

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

America Cup yacht race is always fun.

This would have been our first trip to HH

We did one of those!  Bucky was selected as bartender, I was the time keeper on the American sail boat.  It was the grinders really worked their butts off!!  

Our racing yacht won the race....got the t-shirts to prove it...though have no idea where they are now!  🙂  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

OMG, the house band just started playing in Aqua Theater. I might as well be in front row, or at least on a balcony. Really louder than our Aqua Suite was

Your cabin location is kind of in a sound tunnel/echo chamber type of set up perhaps?   Probably funnels the sound in pretty well I am guessing?    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Were you ever told (prior to sailing)  that this particular sailing  might have reduced entertainment or that some crewmembers were quarantined?  I wonder if some guests would have cancelled. 
thanks,

m

Who did you hear this from?

On 10/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, Riggsy said:

Hi Bob and Nancy, we are getting on Allure on the 10th as well as new Diamonds! I see you are from Villages too, I had hoped to run into people from Villages to discuss them. We are considering retiring around Orlando.

If you are going to be Pinnacle (wow!) am hoping you can answer two questions for me, does Allure have a Diamond Lounge, and should I get a drink package as I believe Diamond and above get 3 free drinks per day? I won't drink much more than 3 a day, but if that is no longer true I would get a package.

Congratulations on getting too diamond. They do have a Diamond lounge and still do a light breakfast in morning and 430 to 800   a spread of  nibble food.  The new system     each Diamond  guest  get a 4 drink credit on their  sea pass that is no longer restricted to the lounge. You can use it any time on all bars  Except Bionic & starbucks. You can also use it a coco cay. I don't drink anymore but we use it for wifes wine and drinks  and i get Hinnaken00 non alcohol  and other drinks.  Drinks are good for up to $13.00.   Diamond + get 5 and Pinns get 6.  Bob & Nancy

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Congratulations on getting too diamond. They do have a Diamond lounge and still do a light breakfast in morning and 430 to 800   a spread of  nibble food.  The new system     each Diamond  guest  get a 4 drink credit on their  sea pass that is no longer restricted to the lounge. You can use it any time on all bars  Except Bionic & starbucks. You can also use it a coco cay. I don't drink anymore but we use it for wifes wine and drinks  and i get Hinnaken00 non alcohol  and other drinks.  Drinks are good for up to $13.00.   Diamond + get 5 and Pinns get 6.  Bob & Nancy

Thank you! Hope to run into you on board.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

This is why I now carry ear plugs.  Just too loud for us old timers.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I’m so old I take ear plugs to concerts!

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Years ago I was walking my dog and one guy in the neighborhood complained because she was walking on his grass. No, she was not going to the bathroom on his grass. I have not spoken to the old coot since but I stare him down whenever I see him. You don't mess with my dog.

• Like 12
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

Thanks for continuing to post, John.  I am following you and Radio's threads closely -- more so since today I booked Oasis leaving in 10 days.  Was not supposed to sail until November on Anthem but I couldn't resist.  First time on Oasis class so I am gathering all the info I can from these live reviews.  Booked a balcony on deck six at what I think is an amazing solo price.  I think I will spend much of the time just trying not to get lost!  Any tips for an Oasis class newbie?  Katherine

Book CATS😉😻

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

thanks,

m

It's been discussed on here and FB most of last week. 

3 hours ago, clochette said:

You mentioned that you cancelled it, where you able to book ahead of time, we like HH but just generally walked there and got loungers.

Didn't book, just cancelled our plan to go there

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Years ago I was walking my dog and one guy in the neighborhood complained because she was walking on his grass. No, she was not going to the bathroom on his grass. I have not spoken to the old coot since but I stare him down whenever I see him. You don't mess with my dog.

In many communities, the first 6' or so belongs to the city/county. It's the right of way.

No some yards in our subdivision have signs requesting us not to walk dogs on their yard. I just avoid them

Guess we need to step off the ship. Laura wants a picture and some Perfume. Si Passion, I think

20211007_134801.thumb.jpg.90f003e579bedc81fe16ed1b02ec6b0d.jpg

Her Jackie O sunglasses 😎 

20211007_130733.thumb.jpg.ce938163acbe09e0263f3e947032cefb.jpg

Nice Bokeh 😁

20211007_101404.thumb.jpg.0577af65f96953540ec9bd34da942723.jpg

Got yelled at taking this. Apparently I crossed some not very well marked line

20211007_101333.thumb.jpg.669491dcaf1511fb8f02fc6a5cb788fa.jpg

A nice breeze for Old Glory

20211007_134831.thumb.jpg.2293f48c17a764287b8903952b321f41.jpg

• Like 16