Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Hope your seas are not too rough, the smaller ships can rock and roll. Also saw there was an earthquake in LA. We had 2 tornados within 7 miles of our house in Thursday during our cruise.

This is the Wave forecast for arrival in Ensanada tomorrow at 8:00am

DCEF689B-5688-494C-8BD3-3369B3C9832C.thumb.png.cfd620d189d717369f2d594c447d3aba.png

and Departure at 5:00 pm

108EAE57-A5E6-4997-B5B6-4A8E5427DB2A.thumb.png.9224daf0ba6dad863aba07ad1e06d106.png

I think the captain will hug the cost

23 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I tried the noise cancellation ones also and did not work.   These aren’t noise canceling they are more noise masking.   

You can also control the volume and balance.  For me most difficult was to found either noise or tones that I found soothing.  Once I found the one I liked I’ve stuck with it. 

when I put them in I can’t even hear the TV. 

Thanks so much for the additional info...

When you say you can't hear the TV when they are in, is that because the tones or noise from bose is louder than the tv? Or is there some noise canceling effect? 

I generally can't sleep to music, so I'm not sure I'd do better with sounds that have to be louder than the snoring in order for me to not notice the snoring??  

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max as it is.    I don't use any lenses.    I took an online course from a listing on the Social Network we aren't allowed to mention.     I do some adjustments of the settings.   Generally the instructor recommends you start with the first setting  Exposure and work your way right and adjust each until you get the exposure you like.   It's probably more of an art than a technique.

Last night I was playing with the night sky mode -   Was interesting and need to play more with it.

EAEBCF8D-AB77-4D24-A52E-3C3D185064F7.jpeg

4266689F-E5A2-4F75-96E5-7CD50F6E3B4A.jpeg

02D2B5EB-BD89-4910-9156-55DDB062FF16.jpeg

Wow! Your photos are outstanding!! 💓

10 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Thanks so much for the additional info...

When you say you can't hear the TV when they are in, is that because the tones or noise from bose is louder than the tv? Or is there some noise canceling effect? 

I generally can't sleep to music, so I'm not sure I'd do better with sounds that have to be louder than the snoring in order for me to not notice the snoring??  

It’s hard to explain.  It doesn’t have noise cancellation.  

my favorite is called drift.   It’s not music it is drifting sounds and it covers the sound in the room.   It also may be that they have 3 sized and the one I use is very good at blocking noise also. 

I bought mine on Amazon and figured I would return if they didn’t work.  

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Unless we book something earlier our next cruise is a B2B2B starting with the Silhouette TA in April.

Just booked the 2nd 2 legs of this on Saturday, so excited to hear you will also be onboard. Looking forward to sharing a martini with the renowned Jim/Iain 🙂

Wow..again.

Aside from the classes and settings you have the " artistic eye".

My husb does as well but doesn't take too many photos anymore. The ones he takes with his camera  are great,,I just snap away but have great luck with the grand kiddo shots!

How/ where do you store your photos?

Edited by hcat

3 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

A quick question about check-in.  Now that you need to upload a copy of your vaccination card during check-in with the App, does anyone still physically check your vaccination card at the pier?

Yup.  In fact, there's nothing in the online check-in that can't be replicated at the pier if needed.

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Yup.  In fact, there's nothing in the online check-in that can't be replicated at the pier if needed.

I agree there's nothing that can't be replicated at the pier.  If we scan in our passports and vaccine cards does anyone still need to spend the time to check?   If no one uses the scanned in copies, why should we spend the effort.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

I agree there's nothing that can't be replicated at the pier.  If we scan in our passports and vaccine cards does anyone still need to spend the time to check?   If no one uses the scanned in copies, why should we spend the effort.

I hear it is supposed to speed things up at the pier, but I think it is just X being overly enamored of their phone app.  The web page for check in even went so far as to say that downloading the app is REQUIRED, but of course we know that it is not.

image.png.302a6d2d0bc9f29e2d34712b50d47034.png

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I hear it is supposed to speed things up at the pier, but I think it is just X being overly enamored of their phone app.  The web page for check in even went so far as to say that downloading the app is REQUIRED, but of course we know that it is not.

image.png.302a6d2d0bc9f29e2d34712b50d47034.png

i always love those kinds of statements!  They say nothing about using it!   If I were to download the app it would be to an iPod unless they want to furnish the device, it can’t be required afaik.    

i do know the proximity Covid app some of the states have require a phone. It appears because they are using a hook that is available only in phones!  Dumb! 

Any idea whether a couple needs 2 phones?  

15 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Any idea whether a couple needs 2 phones?  

No need for two, though I suppose it could be handy shipboard if you're separated and both need to know something specific at the same time.  We will be using only mine when aboard, if that.

47 minutes ago, canderson said:

No need for two, though I suppose it could be handy shipboard if you're separated and both need to know something specific at the same time.  We will be using only mine when aboard, if that.

Thanks,  some apps seem to only allow one set of data, for example one boarding pass.  Glad to hear that’s not the case here.  For me, I don’t carry a device around a ship.  Perhaps a tablet when going to the theatre early but rarely any other time.  

10 hours ago, kasijab said:

Just booked the 2nd 2 legs of this on Saturday, so excited to hear you will also be onboard. Looking forward to sharing a martini with the renowned Jim/Iain 🙂

It looks like it will be a great cruise.    Look forward to meeting you. 

8 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

A quick question about check-in.  Now that you need to upload a copy of your vaccination card during check-in with the App, does anyone still physically check your vaccination card at the pier?

Yes you still have to have a copy with you and present it on Check-In.    They shoot another picture of it.   Not sure why they required it in advance.    In the Caribbean they also check you have a copy when leaving the ship.    I made a double sided copy and bring a copy with us instead of the original.    The copy is so good I can't hardly tell them apart.

5 hours ago, venicecruiser said:

Hoping you will book something before April!  I cruise through your live from postings.

Claudia

I do too.

Small world...

Where  do u live in Venice Fl?

We have a vacation home there along Center Rd area near River Rd..

5 hours ago, venicecruiser said:

Hoping you will book something before April!  I cruise through your live from postings.

Claudia

We may but generally we don't like to Cruise during the Holiday due to the heavy children load.   I love my grand children but not on Cruise.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Our present phone and tablet are too old.  We do what we can online at home computer..and  hope they xan help at check in

They take care of it seamlessly at the pier regardless of whether you did it in advance or not.