Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow.. that's a pain.    I have 4 different browsers Firefox, Safari, Edge and Chrome.    I alternate until they are all stuck and then I  reboot and those that didn't correct I clear cookies.    Real pain for sure.  I hope they fix it soon.  

Yesterday after re-boot it wouldn't accept my password even though stored.   After X number of tries I was locked out for 15 minutes. 

**I'm on a Mac**

Something that has helped me, is when I get to the main Forum page, I do command + R. Unfortunately it doesn't help with the login issue's.

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Wow.. that's a pain.    I have 4 different browsers Firefox, Safari, Edge and Chrome.    I alternate until they are all stuck and then I  reboot and those that didn't correct I clear cookies.    Real pain for sure.  I hope they fix it soon.  

Yesterday after re-boot it wouldn't accept my password even though stored.   After X number of tries I was locked out for 15 minutes. 

I have the same 4 browsers, although Edge causes my computer to crash, so I never use it.  I wasn't able to log in to Cruise Critic with Chrome for several days this week.  Just used Safari or Firefox.  Discovered yesterday that Chrome was working again.  Who knows???

27 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I have the same 4 browsers, although Edge causes my computer to crash, so I never use it.  I wasn't able to log in to Cruise Critic with Chrome for several days this week.  Just used Safari or Firefox.  Discovered yesterday that Chrome was working again.  Who knows???

Both Safari and Firefox were failing, no amount of log on log off, reloads or reboots were helping, where some had helped before!  I ended up logging out, removing the browser from background, rebooting and waiting for cache to expire!  Fwiw, cursing at it didn’t work either😂

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, upwarduk said:

No problems using my iPad or iPhone.👍

if I send my misbehaving iPad could you get yours to retrain it?   Meanwhile, I’m on occasion logged onto the UK site, not intentionally.   On an international thread it was more prominent and I was regularly told by cc I didn’t have permissions but logging in would clear the problem.  

The copying of the entire page into the response box keeps one from being able to post, or even send an email to a host through the mail link on their page.   So in order to report the problem I have to first solve it! 

i did notice yesterday that the “submit reply” button would periodically change to “submit reply submit reply” and then to “submit reply submit reply submit reply”!  Rather than do that I’d have preferred it delete the contents of the reply box but even clear in the black band that says your conversation has been restored doesn’t do that!  

BOSE SLEEP -

I discovered a product recently that is really helpful for me.    I'm sure some of you have a spouse or partner who snores and keeps you awake.   For years I've tried every ear plug on the market to a limited success.

I discovered that Bose has a earbud designed specifically to block out noises while sleeping. It isn't a earbud in the classical sense in that you can't play music through it.   It comes with a library of about 60 white or grey sounds broken into 3 categories - 

• Noise Masking
  • Naturescape
  • Tranquility

You can load up to 8 track on the ear piece.   Everything is controlled by you smart phone.

All I can say is they work great and I have enjoyed peaceful sleep for the past 2 months.   They are thin and tiny and you can sleep on your side and don't feel them

They are a bit expensive at $250 but worth every penny.

7C753B07-11BA-4802-9807-AAA4012C6476.thumb.jpeg.1d2f664e3f0bf48511936035a0eb5731.jpeg

A5593102-7E9D-4BC4-A5BE-26F4245D844F.thumb.jpeg.bc6d164c38025b11c2bccce75be8ab1b.jpeg

The case is also a charger and they hold a charge of about 12 hours of use between charges. 

41A4A0A5-37BC-469C-9169-3863B7FF93BD.thumb.png.c9977bcbf83955212e7149b22845d60e.png

Simple interface that shows you are connected

Sample of sounds

7A120A0C-7E1E-42A2-A2D1-8F63095A8C78.thumb.png.a110a9d9ec8d226047353fec8e340d64.png

EF757C9E-B4F3-43C3-A38A-D2DA4E8C10B9.thumb.png.08814e8cc81b0647477c6b1eec114658.png

34E379F8-9688-47AC-B5E3-A850B5F45BF6.thumb.png.967d7e9e0c61f611a1a1f95a7b7c99a7.png

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

It is funny.   Edge seems to work the best for me on CC and I never use it on a regular basis.   My go to is Firefox but hasn't been playing well with CC for the past couple weeks.

13 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

Both Safari and Firefox were failing, no amount of log on log off, reloads or reboots were helping, where some had helped before!  I ended up logging out, removing the browser from background, rebooting and waiting for cache to expire!  Fwiw, cursing at it didn’t work either😂

I sure hope they fix it soon.   At first I thought it was me being on the ship and using a VPN. 

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

BOSE SLEEP -

I discovered a product recently that is really helpful for me.    I'm sure some of you have a spouse or partner who snores and keeps you awake.   For years I've tried every ear plug on the market to a limited success.

I discovered that Bose has a earbud designed specifically to block out noises while sleeping. It isn't a earbud in the classical sense in that you can't play music through it.   It comes with a library of about 60 white or grey sounds broken into 3 categories - 

• Noise Masking
  • Naturescape
  • Tranquility

You can load up to 8 track on the ear piece.   Everything is controlled by you smart phone.

All I can say is they work great and I have enjoyed peaceful sleep for the past 2 months.   They are thin and tiny and you can sleep on your side and don't feel them

They are a bit expensive at $250 but worth every penny.

Not as expensive as the cpap his doctor says he could quit using.  He doesn’t quit because I won’t let him sleep otherwise.  His first sleep study even the staff were amazed by the volume!  

i wonder, other than they sometimes  hurt when laying on them, whether hearing aids might also work.  I know they can have tinnitus tracks,  and they will play music etc too.  Of course they really only put you suggested cost at a severe advantage if you buy hearing aids just for noise abatement.  

Glad you found some relief!  

1 minute ago, Jim_Iain said:

I sure hope they fix it soon.   At first I thought it was me being on the ship and using a VPN. 

I considered that my vpn was a problem too, except it should always fail or at least normally fail which it doesn’t.   Right now I’d settle for a predictable work around.  I’ve not found one.  I did suspect having multiple tabs might be the problem, but that doesn’t seem to be it either.  

I was reading in the news recently that Bose has also recently received approval to sell a hearing aid that doesn't require a prescription and it is much cheaper than regular hearing aids.   They have an app that you use to setup for your personal hearing limitations.  

I think the hearing aid industry is going to see a revolution and huge price competition.   Yesterday the FDA announced a new rule for other companies to follow suite.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I considered that my vpn was a problem too, except it should always fail or at least normally fail which it doesn’t.   Right now I’d settle for a predictable work around.  I’ve not found one.  I did suspect having multiple tabs might be the problem, but that doesn’t seem to be it either.  

I found that TOR also works as it doesn't store any cookies or history.    Downside is you have to log in every time.

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was reading in the news recently that Bose has also recently received approval to sell a hearing aid that doesn't require a prescription and it is much cheaper than regular hearing aids.   They have an app that you use to setup for your personal hearing limitations.  

I think the hearing aid industry is going to see a revolution and huge price competition.   Yesterday the FDA announced a new rule for other companies to follow suite.

ive been watching those ads too.  They sure would or could help a lot of people. Even the copay for advantage programs are higher, or so it seems.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I found that TOR also works as it doesn't store any cookies or history.    Downside is you have to log in every time.

VPNs started being more important to us when we pay bills.  dish TV seems to not want you to pay if you aren’t where they service!   I see TOR doesn’t work in China either!   Most of the time the satellite has had us in Miami, but on the other side of the world, not so much!   Turned out China was fine, Hong z Kong was not. 

26 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've seen seagulls snatch food right out of a person's hand!  So if you're lunching with seagulls, you need to pay close attention.

INDEED!  We were eating breakfast out on the Sunset (10 aft, M class) one morning, and some bloody frigate bird came swooping in at mach 10 and stole my Pain au Chocolat!  OK, it wouldn't have been so bad, except I had snagged the LAST one at the buffet!  Hope the chocolate gave it heartburn!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, canderson said:

@Jim_Iain

IIRC, you had an offer in for a Move Up that kicked in on the 2nd half of one of your back to backs, perhaps this one.  I can't recall how/when you found out that you had been successful given that you were probably aboard when the results came in.

I was upgraded to a SS.   Notification is easy.  I have alerts set up on my credit card so usually first notice is when my watch vibrates and show a charge from Celebrity.   The email comes shortly thereafter.  

The new room also shows up in the app immediately.   

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

The new room also shows up in the app immediately.   

Will probably watch it that way.  I assume you didn't need to let them know aboard ship that you'd be needing a move assist?  They also become aware immediately?  I ask because I have come to understand that acceptance can come quite late. 

20 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Children's and Anytime menu are at least a stand by option. 

Hi Jim,  We are enjoying following along on your Millie cruises as much as we did your sailing on Equinox!  Thank you for giving us so much of your time.  If it isn't too much trouble, could you please share a copy of the Children's Menu.  We haven't been able to find it on the Celebrity website.  Thanks in advance.

Mike and Mary