Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, canderson said:

INDEED!  We were eating breakfast out on the Sunset (10 aft, M class) one morning, and some bloody frigate bird came swooping in at mach 10 and stole my Pain au Chocolat!  OK, it wouldn't have been so bad, except I had snagged the LAST one at the buffet!  Hope the chocolate gave it heartburn!

We had a bird fly in and out of our Inf Veranda .  Window stayed mostly closed after that

7 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was reading in the news recently that Bose has also recently received approval to sell a hearing aid that doesn't require a prescription and it is much cheaper than regular hearing aids.   They have an app that you use to setup for your personal hearing limitations.  

I think the hearing aid industry is going to see a revolution and huge price competition.   Yesterday the FDA announced a new rule for other companies to follow suite.

I checked into them for hubby but his hearing loss is too great for them to be of any help.  Their website says they are for mild to moderate hearing loss and his is classified as profound (on the way to being deaf as a post!!)

Just now, durangokid said:

I checked into them for hubby but his hearing loss is too great for them to be of any help.  Their website says they are for mild to moderate hearing loss and his is classified as profound (on the way to being deaf as a post!!)

Does he qualify for Cochlear implants?  I have one and it is incredible.

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Guinea Hen - Iain noted it isn’t a Guinea Hen but a Cornish Hen.  

Whole Cornish Game Hen stuffed with wild rice was the first entree I cooked for my husband. He looked at it and said, it looks like a chicken. He then let me know he couldn't eat anything that looked like what it was. Luckily taking his into the kitchen and cutting into pieces made it acceptable.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Whole Cornish Game Hen stuffed with wild rice was the first entree I cooked for my husband. He looked at it and said, it looks like a chicken. He then let me know he couldn't eat anything that looked like what it was. Luckily taking his into the kitchen and cutting into pieces made it acceptable.

Guessing the tradition of cooking a whole fish is a non-starter?🙄

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Whole fish definitely out. 🙂 I just asked him what happened growing up at Thanksgiving. Only sliced turkey was brought out to the table and he wasn't involved in the cooking. We're in Baltimore - crabcakes ok but steamed crab not.

Lobster night aboard ship must pose a special problem!  A whole dining room full of them 🦞🦞🦞!!!

37 minutes ago, twins_to_alaska said:

Thats funny!  Good thing bologna and hot dogs don’t look exactly like what they are or he’d have a lot of company. 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

BOSE SLEEP -

I discovered a product recently that is really helpful for me.    I'm sure some of you have a spouse or partner who snores and keeps you awake.   For years I've tried every ear plug on the market to a limited success.

I discovered that Bose has a earbud designed specifically to block out noises while sleeping. It isn't a earbud in the classical sense in that you can't play music through it.   It comes with a library of about 60 white or grey sounds broken into 3 categories - 

• Noise Masking
  • Naturescape
  • Tranquility

You can load up to 8 track on the ear piece.   Everything is controlled by you smart phone.

All I can say is they work great and I have enjoyed peaceful sleep for the past 2 months.   They are thin and tiny and you can sleep on your side and don't feel them

They are a bit expensive at $250 but worth every penny.

7C753B07-11BA-4802-9807-AAA4012C6476.thumb.jpeg.1d2f664e3f0bf48511936035a0eb5731.jpeg

A5593102-7E9D-4BC4-A5BE-26F4245D844F.thumb.jpeg.bc6d164c38025b11c2bccce75be8ab1b.jpeg

The case is also a charger and they hold a charge of about 12 hours of use between charges. 

41A4A0A5-37BC-469C-9169-3863B7FF93BD.thumb.png.c9977bcbf83955212e7149b22845d60e.png

Simple interface that shows you are connected

Sample of sounds

7A120A0C-7E1E-42A2-A2D1-8F63095A8C78.thumb.png.a110a9d9ec8d226047353fec8e340d64.png

EF757C9E-B4F3-43C3-A38A-D2DA4E8C10B9.thumb.png.08814e8cc81b0647477c6b1eec114658.png

34E379F8-9688-47AC-B5E3-A850B5F45BF6.thumb.png.967d7e9e0c61f611a1a1f95a7b7c99a7.png

Do you know how these would differ from or be better than  their Bose quiet comfort noise cancelling earbuds?  I have those and they don't really block out snoring ...  

9 hours ago, canderson said:

Will probably watch it that way.  I assume you didn't need to let them know aboard ship that you'd be needing a move assist?  They also become aware immediately?  I ask because I have come to understand that acceptance can come quite late. 

They definitely know about it next t sure if it is immediate.  A day or 2 before turnaround they know.  

Upgrades from the move up expire 48 hours before noon of turn around day. 

A day before turn around they have a B2B they will describe the complete process. Even if moving rooms it’s really easy. 

9 hours ago, MikeMary4449 said:

Hi Jim,  We are enjoying following along on your Millie cruises as much as we did your sailing on Equinox!  Thank you for giving us so much of your time.  If it isn't too much trouble, could you please share a copy of the Children's Menu.  We haven't been able to find it on the Celebrity website.  Thanks in advance.

Mike and Mary

Thanks Mike and Mary

The kids menu is on this page

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/camp-at-sea/kids-menu

Starters
Caesar Salad
Crudités Hummus, Ranch
Tomato Soup Basil, Focaccia Croutons

Entrees
Spaghetti Bolognese
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mini Margarita Pizza
Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise
Cheese Burger* with Fries
Grilled Filet Mignon*(4oz) Mashed Potatoes

Desserts
PB&J Sundae
Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk
Ice Cream and Sorbet
Selection Tropical Fruit Trifle

• Like 1

7 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

Jim, now that you have eaten in Blu and Luminae how would you compare? 
l have enjoyed Blu menu more. 

I think I prefer Blu on the M-Class.    Luminae is really noisy on this cruise due to a couple people who never learned about indoor voices. 

Service also seems better in Blu. 

53 minutes ago, Shadow9612 said:

Do you know how these would differ from or be better than  their Bose quiet comfort noise cancelling earbuds?  I have those and they don't really block out snoring ...  

I tried the noise cancellation ones also and did not work.   These aren’t noise canceling they are more noise masking.   

You can also control the volume and balance.  For me most difficult was to found either noise or tones that I found soothing.  Once I found the one I liked I’ve stuck with it. 

when I put them in I can’t even hear the TV. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim

Great series of photos once  again!  Were you using a camera or cell..any special lenses?

We have enjoyed BLU on all  X ships that we sailed  since it opened.

Exceptions:  Reflecton before Luminae..Suite Concierge walked in long lines of suite guests while AQ guests waited for seating..lasted a few days til it was stopped! 

And we  did not enjoy BLU on EDGE..bad location, noisy,  ugly view and slow kitchen..much preferred the 4 mdrs!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think I prefer Blu on the M-Class.    Luminae is really noisy on this cruise due to a couple people who never learned about indoor voices. 

Service also seems better in Blu. 

That is good to know as we are aqua class on our sailing next month.  Which specialty restaurant do you like best?

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks Mike and Mary

The kids menu is on this page

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/camp-at-sea/kids-menu

Starters
Caesar Salad
Crudités Hummus, Ranch
Tomato Soup Basil, Focaccia Croutons

Entrees
Spaghetti Bolognese
Mac and Cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Mini Margarita Pizza
Fish Fingers Lemon Parsley Mayonnaise
Cheese Burger* with Fries
Grilled Filet Mignon*(4oz) Mashed Potatoes

Desserts
PB&J Sundae
Chocolate Mousse
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk
Ice Cream and Sorbet
Selection Tropical Fruit Trifle

Thanks, Jim, for posting the Kid's Menu.  It looks like it hasn't changed since 2018.  We thought it had been updated.  Nice that there is no age restriction!  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Mike and Mary

Jim,

I know you will know the answer. I received a move up offer from Celebrity.  When I click on the maximum amount there is the following explanation. See below.  I understand the availability but why would the price be different?

Also does Celebrity use the credit card on file in the app or my original credit card when I booked? 

The actual upgrade price may vary depending on your original fare and upgrade availability.

Thanks

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Jim

Great series of photos once  again!  Were you using a camera or cell..any special lenses?

We have enjoyed BLU on all  X ships that we sailed  since it opened.

Exceptions:  Reflecton before Luminae..Suite Concierge walked in long lines of suite guests while AQ guests waited for seating..lasted a few days til it was stopped! 

And we  did not enjoy BLU on EDGE..bad location, noisy,  ugly view and slow kitchen..much preferred the 4 mdrs!

I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max as it is.    I don't use any lenses.    I took an online course from a listing on the Social Network we aren't allowed to mention.     I do some adjustments of the settings.   Generally the instructor recommends you start with the first setting  Exposure and work your way right and adjust each until you get the exposure you like.   It's probably more of an art than a technique.

Last night I was playing with the night sky mode -   Was interesting and need to play more with it.

EAEBCF8D-AB77-4D24-A52E-3C3D185064F7.jpeg

4266689F-E5A2-4F75-96E5-7CD50F6E3B4A.jpeg

02D2B5EB-BD89-4910-9156-55DDB062FF16.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 9