Celebrity AIR

FrankZ2010

I just have to express my opinion about Celebrity Air.

The concept is ok, but the process is flawed.

Once you book a flight, you can't go into the Celebrity website to compare other flight options and see if the price has gone down.

You need to call Celebrity Air customer service to make any changes. 

I am paying $1,108 for a flight on Lufthansa through Celebrity Air.. I went on the Lufthansa website, and found that their price is $947 for the same flight.

So - I called Celebrity Air to see if I can get the new price. After spending 20-25 minutes on the phone with an agent, I was informed that the new Celebrity price for the same flight is now $1,168. Surprise - it went up. Why can't I have access to check on the information online by myself? The system is locked once you are booked.

Bottom Line.

I used Princess Air last year for flights. I could do all of the above on line by myself. No hassles.

The Celebrity Air Customer Service agent could have spent the time servicing other callers.

You wonder why there are long wait times on the phone? Hmmm

5 minutes ago, FrankZ2010 said:

I just have to express my opinion about Celebrity Air.

The concept is ok, but the process is flawed.

Once you book a flight, you can't go into the Celebrity website to compare other flight options and see if the price has gone down.

You need to call Celebrity Air customer service to make any changes. 

I am paying $1,108 for a flight on Lufthansa through Celebrity Air.. I went on the Lufthansa website, and found that their price is $947 for the same flight.

So - I called Celebrity Air to see if I can get the new price. After spending 20-25 minutes on the phone with an agent, I was informed that the new Celebrity price for the same flight is now $1,168. Surprise - it went up. Why can't I have access to check on the information online by myself? The system is locked once you are booked.

Bottom Line.

I used Princess Air last year for flights. I could do all of the above on line by myself. No hassles.

The Celebrity Air Customer Service agent could have spent the time servicing other callers.

You wonder why there are long wait times on the phone? Hmmm

You can check but they have made it more difficult.

All you have to do is search any cruise and select.   At the very bottom there is button for- Get a Quote for this cruise

image.thumb.png.ab10bfab00468a6a0957614a8ba7fe68.png

It will open a quote window and then search -   You can usually search any date except dates the cruise has left.

image.thumb.png.627088942ca69085d0a5415970da491a.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We cancelled our flight with Celebrity Air when booking direct was cheaper.  Then put a price tracker on the flights.  In 2 weeks price has changed 5 times from a high end of $389 to a low of $241.  We booked direct at $261.   Celebrity Air was always higher.

We had the opposite experience.  Checked through CAir flights to Rome, got a quote.  Then checked Air Canada, price was lower.  Called CAir and told them the difference...agent spoke to a supervisor I assume and the lower price was applied.  Perhaps Air Canada had honoured the lower price with the agent as he told me the pricing is set through a contract between the cruise line and the air carrier.  I also find Celebrity Air is higher than the air lines...most likely due to the contract between them set before pricing changes.

33 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

Do they help you if you miss connection precruise? 

They will help in that scneario, but in the case of a missed connection your best bet is to go to the ticket counter or gate since those agents can potentially get you on illegal (unbookable) connecting flights, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked a one way flight through Celebrity Air for the first time.  It looked like everything went through and I selected the option of paying when final payment is due.  I didn't receive a confirmation email nor can I see anything in my cruise booking online.  Is there anyway of confirming that the reservation is there?   I tried calling but there is at least an hour wait so I thought someone here may be able to answer this. 

45 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

I just booked a one way flight through Celebrity Air for the first time.  It looked like everything went through and I selected the option of paying when final payment is due.  I didn't receive a confirmation email nor can I see anything in my cruise booking online.  Is there anyway of confirming that the reservation is there?   I tried calling but there is at least an hour wait so I thought someone here may be able to answer this. 

I just booked air as well....called the main X line, listened forever to all the info and choices, selected what was pertinent then waited for a bit after more choices when there was a quiet gap and an option came up to request an emailed booking confirmation.  Received immediately.  Just a little tricky but is much better than waiting for a vocal response.

58 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

Call Celebrity Air directly at 800-533-7803. They rarely have much of a wait time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just booked air as well....called the main X line, listened forever to all the info and choices, selected what was pertinent then waited for a bit after more choices when there was a quiet gap and an option came up to request an emailed booking confirmation.  Received immediately.  Just a little tricky but is much better than waiting for a vocal response.

I didn't get this option so I called again and selected the option for a new booking.  Someone got on after a few minutes.  She said if I didn't receive a confirmation it probably didn't go through.  She said they will need to get my information together and call me back in an hour or two.  

31 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Call Celebrity Air directly at 800-533-7803. They rarely have much of a wait time. 

That's the number I did use and there was an hour wait for service on an existing air reservation.  I had better luck using the booking a new reservation option. 

2 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

I didn't get this option so I called again and selected the option for a new booking.  Someone got on after a few minutes.  She said if I didn't receive a confirmation it probably didn't go through.  She said they will need to get my information together and call me back in an hour or two.  

Sorry...but that's a non answer.  Mine DID go through just didn't receive the confirmation.  Other poster was correct, Celebrity Air can provide the confirmation for you.  I didn't mind going through the 'telephone option game' at the time.  Having said that, and off topic, I wish they'd put that option at the front of their recorded message as it used to be, instead of 5 minutes of fast talking with  X covering ALL the bases as to why people are calling and how they can go to their website for their answers...it's a terrible time waster and off putting.  Then when you do get through to the 'right' dept, you wait an hour on hold.

30 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Sorry...but that's a non answer.  Mine DID go through just didn't receive the confirmation.  Other poster was correct, Celebrity Air can provide the confirmation for you.  I didn't mind going through the 'telephone option game' at the time.  Having said that, and off topic, I wish they'd put that option at the front of their recorded message as it used to be, instead of 5 minutes of fast talking with  X covering ALL the bases as to why people are calling and how they can go to their website for their answers...it's a terrible time waster and off putting.  Then when you do get through to the 'right' dept, you wait an hour on hold.

No surprise that no one called me back so I called again.  The flight I thought I booked did not go through so she booked it for me.  I only used the Flights by Celebrity number.

I agree - the Princess system is so much easier. You have more control and can easily book, check, modify and cancel flights. Because of the current promotion, I can't check my price doing a mock booking because I'm not eligible for the prices shown as I booked before the start of the promotion. Hopefully that will change once the promotion is over.

Still I am happy to be able to have my flights booked and not have to pay until final payment.