Sunbed trouble

emam

1 hour ago, LynnForestgate said:

do you really think that P&O are on a "Slippery Slope" in standards Bazrat ?

hence why the slow deterioration in the standards on p&o can be attributed to a certain type

Came across this thread by accident.

Many years ago one took the infamous “Human Detritus” cruise on the Azura and if as witnessed the deterioration is continuing, then one was proven correct to bail early.  Will definitely not return to PO. 
Unfollowing.

1 hour ago, LynnForestgate said:

do you really think that P&O are on a "Slippery Slope" in standards Bazrat ?

Me no I personally think p&o are making cruising more affordable and as far as I am concerned standards are not slipping, but saying that we are not long time cruisers, you will find the most complaints come from the seasoned cruisers who wish to return to the good old days.

Edited by Bazrat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

We've been cruising for about 12 years and yes I do think the standard is slipping, but then nothing anywhere is as it was.

What standards are those us being reasonably new cruising  and enjoying the experience, we would like to know what we missed out on

On the lounger theme p and o should have an attendant putting tickets on unattended chairs if he returns within an hour should remove belongings with a fine or £10 for return of property and a fine placed on their onboard account .He would soon earn his wages .

35 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

What standards are those us being reasonably new cruising  and enjoying the experience, we would like to know what we missed out on

1st class chaps not being allowed on life boats 1st when one hits an iceberg.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

Better quality food i.e Neptune Buffet, proper Chocoholic buffet, Midnight buffet and meals in MDR and also higher cruise prices. People would love to go back to the "good old days"  pre Carnival and when we started cruising in 1997 but what they dont say they want to go back to the higher cruise prices. You cannot have it both ways of standards like they were at today's prices.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Better quality food i.e Neptune Buffet, proper Chocoholic buffet, Midnight buffet and meals in MDR and also higher cruise prices. People would love to go back to the "good old days"  pre Carnival and when we started cruising in 1997 but what they dont say they want to go back to the higher cruise prices. You cannot have it both ways of standards like they were at today's prices.

The Chocoholic buffet is the thing that I miss most.  We used to go to take a look at and take photos of the midnight buffet but never had anything to eat because after a large dinner we never wanted anything else to eat.  People want 1980s quality food but you get what you pay for, they seem to have forgotten that the cost of the cruise took a larger percentage of their income than it does today.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

On the lounger theme p and o should have an attendant putting tickets on unattended chairs if he returns within an hour should remove belongings with a fine or £10 for return of property and a fine placed on their onboard account .He would soon earn his wages .

I could do that help pay for our next cruise 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

The Chocoholic buffet is the thing that I miss most.  We used to go to take a look at and take photos of the midnight buffet but never had anything to eat because after a large dinner we never wanted anything else to eat.  People want 1980s quality food but you get what you pay for, they seem to have forgotten that the cost of the cruise took a larger percentage of their income than it does today.

Beloved wants to know was it Cadbury chocolate used

43 minutes ago, LynnForestgate said:

what is eighties quality food ?

Sounds like one of Mrs. Bucket's candlelight suppers 🙂

Arctic Roll, Fondue and for something more exotic Vesta Curry?

oops, forgot chicken in a basket, the problem was the gravy always leaked out of the basket.

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Arctic Roll, Fondue and for something more exotic Vesta Curry?

oops, forgot chicken in a basket, the problem was the gravy always leaked out of the basket.

Don't forget the cheese and pineapple hedgehog at the buffet.Or was that more 70s luxuries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, chrisg1uk said:

Well that will be an enormous blow to us all to hear.  

Be fair. If one cannot enjoy the cruise one would like to indulge ones self on, what one should one pick. Probably another one.🤔

Without a shadow of a doubt the quality of food and drink available on all cruise lines will have improved immeasurably in the last 40 years. 

In the old fashioned days of cruising there weren't the wide range of restaurant choices 

Yes the standard dining menu and buffet may have given you more choice and inclusions but the speciality restaurants simply weren't there

And the quality of food and wines in the restaurants like Glasshouse and Epicurean far exceeds what would be available 30 or 40 years ago

Yes you have to pay on board as extra but as many have said the initial costs of cruising are so much more affordable now than in the past 

48 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Be fair. If one cannot enjoy the cruise one would like to indulge ones self on, what one should one pick. Probably another one.🤔

One will have to disinfect ones eyeballs after lowering oneself to delicately peruse these lower class theads. Oh the shame of it if ones chums found out🤫

Avril

• Haha 1