Formal night on NCL Ships...

SireDoime

😁😄 Thanks! Since it's a 14 day cruise I'll pack it, just in case they have a photo with the Captain.

Do they even do that?

Thanks again for the compliments! 😆🍾

Edited by SireDoime
puff

12 minutes ago, SireDoime said:

😁😄 Thanks! Since it's a 14 day cruise I'll pack it, just in case they have a photo with the Captain.

Do they even do that?

Thanks again for the compliments! 😆🍾

On our cruise, they didn't citing COVID protocols. 

Have sailed the Celebrity EDGE in July and again in August.  Sailed NCL Encore 10 days ago.  Didn’t see any tuxes on any night.  But, dress as you like.  If a tux is your thing, go for it.

On the Encore, I didn’t even see a tie, on any night.

On the Edge, I think I saw two gentlemen wear a tie on dress up night, but no jackets.

Again, it’s your cruise.  Dress as you like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Have sailed the Celebrity EDGE in July and again in August.  Sailed NCL Encore 10 days ago.  Didn’t see any tuxes on any night.  But, dress as you like.  If a tux is your thing, go for it.

On the Encore, I didn’t even see a tie, on any night.

On the Edge, I think I saw two gentlemen wear a tie on dress up night, but no jackets.

Again, it’s your cruise.  Dress as you like.

My husband likes a jacket and shirt. HATES a tie. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

found this on NCL which seems to infer shorts are ok in le bistro 1st nite

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

if you want to wear a tux, that's obviously your perogative. i believe you will feel completely overdressed. take a sport jacket if you must, but the joy of sailing with ncl, is at no time are the passengers required to dress up. it's an extremely casual environment, and i cetainly wouldnt pack a a tux just to have my picture taken with the captain. i spent almost 40 years in a suit and tie daily, thankfully no more, and certainly not on vacation

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, complawyer said:

if you want to wear a tux, that's obviously your perogative. 

Completely unnecessary to feel uncomfortable no matter what your choice is.  I cruise solo and I will wear what I love to wear, a long dress, a nice top with dress pants, a nice top with a skirt... whatever makes me happy. 

My late DH would wear something that would match whatever my choice would be... not usually a tux, but... whatever... 

Just be comfortable, that's what NCL is known for, allowing cruisers to be comfortable regardless of their choice of attire. 

Edited by All-ready2cruise
  • Like 1

So shorts are def OK 1st nite in le bistro. However I wish they would ban loudmouth 21 year old women with no class even if they are dressed up. Thankfully the table next to me, all in shorts, was normal and respectful 

Also shorts are banned the rest of the week in the manhattan. Taste n savor are for us heathens 

On 10/12/2021 at 1:28 PM, SireDoime said:

This was me o n CxC Equinox Summer of '19. A lot of folk did get dressed up, because it was picture time with Capt. Kate.

CCI_000017.thumb.jpg.ff5d1eeb4453f01fd6a8333215649043.jpg

WCC.thumb.jpg.62f47ac95c425a9e30955e8b54a97382.jpg

CCI_000022.thumb.jpg.8f8b12d9cd230fc88618337499f66b94.jpg

Should have buttoned my jacket here, with my fat tummy. Just realized I didn't smile, but then again this was the last sea day and I was the only who got dressed up.

You look really handsome in your Tux. Go for it and be the envy of everyone onboard.

• Like 1

I like to pack light. On my 15 night transatlantic I'm hoping to get by with just a small roll on suitcase. To dress up I'd have to bring a suit bag, dress shoes, ties, dress shirts, belt, different socks etc. No thanks! I hate to wear that stuff anyway. Cruising to relax. But I have absolutely no problem with others dressing up if they want to.

• Haha 1