emed Binax tests are out of stock! Syas they should have more in November

abpplh

• abpplh changed the title to emed Binax tests are out of stock! Syas they should have more in November
4 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

We do not cruise until Thanksgiving weekend but I was afraid to wait since I keep seeing posts/comments about shortages.  I would rather have them early than worry.

Ditto here.  May as well have them sitting on a counter at home rather than on a counter somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soremekun said:

Hopefully new batches are being produced and they will have later expiration dates.

Supposedly the ones being ordered today from Optum should not expire before December 21, 2021.  That will get us through our next cruise at least.  I am afraid to purchase anymore for future cruises, regardless of expiration dates, since we do not know when or if requirements will change yet again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MandyMooToo said:

Supposedly the ones being ordered today from Optum should not expire before December 21, 2021.  That will get us through our next cruise at least.  I am afraid to purchase anymore for future cruises, regardless of expiration dates, since we do not know when or if requirements will change yet again.

Our cruise is 12/23 so afraid to use these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MandyMooToo said:

We do not cruise until Thanksgiving weekend but I was afraid to wait since I keep seeing posts/comments about shortages.  I would rather have them early than worry.

that is exactly what I did.  Ordered them last week.  My cruise is on 11/20.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, abpplh said:

Our cruise is 12/23 so afraid to use these.

Just order them when you are closer. It has already been announced that there will be a massive ramp up in test production. 

It didn't look like they were going to be needed, and then the testing requirements were changed for so many people for employment, schools, vacations, sometimes twice a week. The demand outnumbered current supplies. They will get caught up. :classic_smile:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/10/06/biden-administration-wednesday-announced-new-1-billion-investment-home-coronavirus-tests-quadruple-n/6025952001/

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MandyMooToo said:

We sail Nov 19. I will be ordering today!