Diamond Lounge Question

twonpcb

The last time we cruised was January 2020 on Majesty of the Seas.  Needless to say, such a small ship did not have a Diamond Lounge and RCI loaded 3 cocktails on your card that you could enjoy throughout the ship during traditional Diamond Club hours.  My question is that, post COVID-19, are the ships that have dedicated Diamond Lounge accommodations still hold those events or are they still only “loading” our cards with 3 drinks and not holding the Diamond Club events?

It's switched to Diamonds getting 4, D+ 5, and Pins 6 that can be used throughout the day up to $13 each drink - but are use it or lose it each day. If you order a drink in the Diamond Lounge it counts now though. They do still have some apps during happy hour in the lounge though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

It's switched to Diamonds getting 4, D+ 5, and Pins 6 that can be used throughout the day up to $13 each drink - but are use it or lose it each day. If you order a drink in the Diamond Lounge it counts now though. They do still have some apps during happy hour in the lounge though. 

To clarify, the happy hour has gone now, then?

I thought the 4 vouchers was as well as the open bar in the DL, not instead of.

We are newly qualified Diamond so we've not tried any of this yet.

Our 1st Cruise as a Diamond member is  tomorrow so would appreciate a detailed list of what we get. The Web site is a bit vague to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Rotherham_Cruiser said:

To clarify, the happy hour has gone now, then?

I thought the 4 vouchers was as well as the open bar in the DL, not instead of.

We are newly qualified Diamond so we've not tried any of this yet.

Our 1st Cruise as a Diamond member is  tomorrow so would appreciate a detailed list of what we get. The Web site is a bit vague to be honest.

There is still happy hour but you have to use vouchers for drinks there .  The vouchers are no longer in addition to the 3 that were previously loaded onto your Seapass card  You get 4 free drinks per day that can be used in the DL or any other bar

Just now, molly361 said:

There is still happy hour but you have to use vouchers for drinks there .  The vouchers are no longer in addition to the 3 that were previously loaded onto your Seapass card  You get 4 free drinks per day that can be used in the DL or any other bar

Thanks. My plans to become a Friend of Bill W as a diamond member might need to be put on hold 😁

• Haha 2

We much preferred the new system, any drink anywhere was much nicer than a small choice crammed into 3 hours. 

If you are going on Anthem we found the same drinks ordered in the D lounge with a voucher were weaker than the ones ordered at a bar around the ship. The lounge was a quieter place to chat with friends though, most of the other bars had pretty loud music most of the time in the evening.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kernow said:

We much preferred the new system, any drink anywhere was much nicer than a small choice crammed into 3 hours. 

If you are going on Anthem we found the same drinks ordered in the D lounge with a voucher were weaker than the ones ordered at a bar around the ship. The lounge was a quieter place to chat with friends though, most of the other bars had pretty loud music most of the time in the evening.

Don't get me wrong, we aren't big drinkers, and 4 drinks per day is more than we would normally enjoy anyway. The thought of packing into a room downing watered down drinks doesn't appeal either. Just wanted a detailed list of what is available.

I suspect they'll get used before and after dinner,as we have a soft drinks package purchased for cokes/coffee's during the day

Yes we are on Anthem ( 1st time Quantum class)

Edited by Rotherham_Cruiser

The only thing that wouldn't be included are top shelf upcharge liquors. You would then have to pay the difference from $13. I tended to use one for the fresh squeezed OJ in the morning, a drink by the pool in the afternoon, and a cocktail with dinner. Shared the 4th with my travel companions. It's a great perk.

The bar menus are available in the app, but you really aren't limited to the menus. Just ask your bartender.

24 minutes ago, Rotherham_Cruiser said:

Don't get me wrong, we aren't big drinkers, and 4 drinks per day is more than we would normally enjoy anyway. The thought of packing into a room downing watered down drinks doesn't appeal either. Just wanted a detailed list of what is available.

I suspect they'll get used before and after dinner,as we have a soft drinks package purchased for cokes/coffee's during the day

It's any drink up to $14 on Anthem in UK, they have some nice cocktails on the menus but will make you anything anywhere. We had lots of Cosmos, Espresso Martinis and Appletinis which I don't think are listed anymore but they still make. Tell them you want to use a voucher when you order especially as you have a soft drink package too, we had no errors but did hear of others who were charged (and then got it removed).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rotherham_Cruiser said:

You can use the vouchers for any drink up to $13 (in the US) so bottled water, specialty coffee (not Starbucks) soda are included.  No way we'd drink 5 alcoholic drinks per day each either but it's much better than an hour or two in the evening in a lounge, even though we liked meeting and seeing the same people.  On small ships like GR, we liked having the apps because nothing else is really available to snack on during that time as we have late dining so by 5-6 pm we're looking for something to eat.  At least on larger ships, there's more available.  On Anthem, you can grab pizza or a small sandwich or something at a couple of venues.

5 hours ago, Rotherham_Cruiser said:

Please go and see Manda Vincent (probably in the Schooner Bar).  She is brilliant and funny.  You can tell her that her Florida girls send their love. Enjoy your cruise !! Linda

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Our beers or wines have never been watered down in the DL. 😂🍻🍷

I meant the cocktails and mixed drinks😀. My new favourite drink last week was the Pineapple Guava Sangria, I ordered one in the lounge and it tasted like mostly pineapple juice, the Cosmos weren't much better, they were both fabulous at the other bars.

56 minutes ago, kernow said:

I meant the cocktails and mixed drinks😀. My new favourite drink last week was the Pineapple Guava Sangria, I ordered one in the lounge and it tasted like mostly pineapple juice, the Cosmos weren't much better, they were both fabulous at the other bars.

I realize that. That's why the laughing emoji. 😂 I also believe ordering mixed drinks in most bars is hit and miss. Bartenders and personal taste.  Occasionally my wife will order a margarite on the rocks in the DLs. She always request they be made strong. I don't drink mixed drinks. I prefer my drinks neat.  

I am a bit confused. On Oasis in September it was any drinks up to $13. I am checking bar menus on Anthem and same drinks cost $14. Will we have to pay $1 for each of them?

Just now, Tatka said:

I am a bit confused. On Oasis in September it was any drinks up to $13. I am checking bar menus on Anthem and same drinks cost $14. Will we have to pay $1 for each of them?

European pricing is different. Anthem is sailing out of that market now. In the US standard drinks are $13.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zanydoc said:

Does anyone know the price of a Grey Goose Cosmo? Looking forward to a better vodka than New Amsterdam-Not gonna miss that Diamond lounge drink menu at all!

It will fall under the $13 limit on ships sailing from US. I called Bombay Sapphire on my Dirty Martinis, no problem.

11 minutes ago, JK99 said:

Do kids at Diamond level also get drink vouchers loaded on their cards?  For soda, juice, etc?

Yes, they can use for fresh squeezed OJ in the mornings, foo-foo drinks from Cafe Promenade, soda, mocktails, bottled water, etc.