Live From the Emerald Princess 10/15/21 LA-Port Everglades Panama Cruise

gmcwalker

8 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Just announced.

Bonaire just bit the dust!

Bummer!  I know many have cruised the Caribbean many times but we have only done so once. On that cruise we stopped at Aruba and Curacao but not Bonaire. We've also been to Aruba a couple of other times. I could definitely get by with skipping that port.

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

During his first announcement this morning the captain mentioned, almost glossing over it, that “we had a medical evacuation this morning that went well” (or similar words). 

The medical evacuation was a person who had fallen, and broken their hip. 

I am sad to lose Bonaire, but very happy to be on the ship.  And tomorrow we get to do the transit. I'm dining tonight with my new BFFs in Crown Grill.  I am sure the Matre'D/s will enjoy a break from us in DaVinci.  LOL!

Glad you were finally able to post PescadoAmarillo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dreams_of_travel said:

The medical evacuation was a person who had fallen, and broken their hip. 

I am sad to lose Bonaire, but very happy to be on the ship.  And tomorrow we get to do the transit. I'm dining tonight with my new BFFs in Crown Grill.  I am sure the Matre'D/s will enjoy a break from us in DaVinci.  LOL!

Glad you were finally able to post PescadoAmarillo. 

Thank you for the update! Sad about the hip and happy it wasn’t a virus if any sort. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Surprised the comp is just 100 non-refundable OBC. Expected Bonaire port fees as cashable refund + OBC

Not sure, but I think port fees/taxes will be refunded to the original form of payment for the cruise.

Edited by milogurd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

There is no use being miserable about something that is totally out of your control.

You are safe, well fed, and comfortable. What's not to like!?

I'm glad to see that you are making the most of it, and I hope that the feeling spreads to others on board who might not be so happy. I've been severely disappointed with Princess over the past several months pre-cruise, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let it ruin our cruise when we sail in two weeks.

Amen to that!

Entering Cocoli Locks

enhance

enhance

View from Pedro Miguel cam above Pedro Miguel Locks.  Upper left are the Miraflores Locks, with a roro leaving the second lock.  Another roro in foreground about to enter Pedro Miguel Locks.  Right center is a container ship having left the Cocoli Locks.  In upper right you can just barely see Emerald Princess entering Cocoli Lock 1.  Little bit of fog rolled in just as I was taking the screen shot.

enhance

Link to cam:

https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/Webcams/cerro-luisa.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3