Cruiselines accepting mixed AZ/mRNA vaccines out of the US

tert333

10 minutes ago, nickiford said:

Do we have any reason to believe that the cruise lines will not be updating their policies to accept the mixed AZ?  I hate this waiting, we have a final payment due on November 15th on the Oasis of the Seas.  One would think that now that the CDC is accepting the mix as vaccinated for land crossing that they would have to??

They maybe waiting until it gets closer to Nov 8.   The CDC is suppose to announce Oct 25 a contact tracing plan for Internationally fully vaccinated travellers to adhere to 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nickiford said:

Do we have any reason to believe that the cruise lines will not be updating their policies to accept the mixed AZ?  I hate this waiting, we have a final payment due on November 15th on the Oasis of the Seas.  One would think that now that the CDC is accepting the mix as vaccinated for land crossing that they would have to??

As the CDC has already updated its website, it's just a question of the lines getting around to updating their websites too. There's no conceivable reason why cruise lines wouldn't accept the CDC sanctioned mixes. I'm confident that you'll see the changes made well before your final payment date.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Josie201 said:

Celebrity is updating its FAQS to accept mixed doses.  Yay.  

4BA35208-CBAD-4483-9920-47539AB8BBD0.png

Is this bull****? What social media that cannot be mentioned?

Like many I am trying to be patient as protocols are constantly changing.  We have a cruise booked on Nov 15th with Celebrity and  with an AZ mix I cannot go.  I do have a trip planned to Alberta to get a third shot but would rather not do that.  I need to decide in the next two days.  

This really is exhausting and no debating is the cruise worth it.

10 minutes ago, truckswain said:

Like many I am trying to be patient as protocols are constantly changing.  We have a cruise booked on Nov 15th with Celebrity and  with an AZ mix I cannot go.  I do have a trip planned to Alberta to get a third shot but would rather not do that.  I need to decide in the next two days.  

Lol can you rhythm it with something?

10 minutes ago, truckswain said:

I share your frustration.   We are on the Nov 22th cruise with an AZ mix.   I did got to the east coast in September to get another PFizer to be safe, but think the policy will be changed.  I would guess it will be updated this week.   I would suggest that you contact Celebrity and try to get something in writing.

LLP is on a call this afternoon with agents to discuss updates and I would be surprised if this is not brought up.  If I hear anything, I will post here.

• Like 3

Celebrity's FAQ's now say this:

For ALL sailings, including US and Global Departures, the CDC will now recognize a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines, with a minimum of 28 days between doses, as fully vaccinated:

• Pfizer
  • Moderna
  • Johnson & Johnson,
  • AstraZeneca
  • Sinovac
  • Sinopharm

• Guests who received the Janssen (aka Johnson & Johnson) vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine should be considered to have received a valid, single-dose Janssen vaccination—not a mixed vaccination series—and are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
  • To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.
  • Some ports of call may not accept mixed vaccines and therefore could prevent guests with mixed vaccines from going ashore. 
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, AlbertaCruisers said:

For ALL sailings, including US and Global Departures, the CDC will now recognize a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines, with a minimum of 28 days between doses, as fully vaccinated:

• Pfizer
  • Moderna
  • Johnson & Johnson,
  • AstraZeneca
  • Sinovac
  • Sinopharm

• Guests who received the Janssen (aka Johnson & Johnson) vaccine before or after another COVID-19 vaccine should be considered to have received a valid, single-dose Janssen vaccination—not a mixed vaccination series—and are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
  • To be recognized as fully vaccinated, guests 12 years of age and older, must complete a vaccine series with the last dose administered at least 14 days prior to sailing.
  • Some ports of call may not accept mixed vaccines and therefore could prevent guests with mixed vaccines from going ashore. 

Way to go Celebrity!  I am sure all lines should follow suit shortly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frteach said:

Finally, the news that many Canadians have been waiting to hear. Hoping that cruise lines other than Celebrity will see the light as well. I have AZ and Pfizer. Great news for Celebrity cruisers. 

I usually book Celebrity. This one is Royal 🤦🏼‍♀️

46 minutes ago, hapley said:

Don’t see anything about mixed vaccines or did I miss it.

6 hours ago, nickiford said:

I sent an email to Royal Caribbean asking about excepting mix vaccines and someone called me back this evening and said within 24 to 48 hours their website will be updated to coincide with the new CDC guidelines.

Royal Caribbean has now updated their website:

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different manufacturers, as long as your vaccine series meets the following requirements:

• Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the World Health Organization.
  • The 2 doses must be administered at least 28 days apart*
  • The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.

15 minutes ago, tert333 said:

Royal Caribbean has now updated their website:

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different manufacturers, as long as your vaccine series meets the following requirements:

• Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the World Health Organization.
  • The 2 doses must be administered at least 28 days apart*
  • The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing.

What does the asterisk in the second bullet point to? Is that what allows 2 Pfizer shots 21 days (or 17) days apart?

On 10/19/2021 at 4:16 PM, AlbertaCruisers said:

• AstraZeneca

So this would include Covishield (Made in India), correct?

33 minutes ago, kse709 said:

I'm not sure, but it looks like it based on the below.  From the Celebrity FAQ's:

What vaccines are accepted?

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the World Health Organization (WHO) are accepted.  Sputnik V and CanSino are not accepted Covid-19 vaccines. U.S. Based AstraZeneca and Novavax clinical trial participants are also considered fully vaccinated. US participants in COVID-19 vaccine trials can be considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after they complete the vaccine series, if it has been confirmed that they received “active” vaccine, and not placebo.   Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements. 

accepted-vaccinations-chart.png

47 minutes ago, kse709 said:

From https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html

How do I know if I’ve been fully vaccinated if I was vaccinated in another country?

If you have received all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been authorized or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or is listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization (WHO), then you are considered to be fully vaccinated. This currently includes the following vaccines:

• Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine – FDA-authorized, (labeled as COMIRNATY in European Union), 2 doses, for adolescents 12 -15 years old
  • Pfizer-BioNTech (COMIRNATY) COVID-19 Vaccine – FDA-approved, 2 doses, for persons 16 years and older
  • Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine – FDA-authorized, 2 doses, for persons 18 years and older
  • Johnson and Johnson’s Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine – FDA-authorized, (labeled as Janssen-Cilag in European Union), 1 dose, for persons 18 years and older
  • AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine – WHO-listed, (labeled as COVISHIELD in Canada and others, labeled as AstraZeneca/SKBio in Republic of Korea), 2 doses, for persons 18 years and older
  • Sinopharm BIBP COVID-19 Vaccine – WHO-listed, 2 doses, for persons 18 years and older
  • Sinovac-CoronaVac COVID-19 Vaccine – WHO-listed, 2 doses, for persons 18 years and older

If you received a COVID-19 vaccine that is not authorized or approved by FDA or listed for emergency use by WHO, you may start over with an FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine. Please note that no data are available on the safety or effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccination after receiving a non-FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine. Wait at least 28 days after you received the last dose of the non-FDA-authorized or approved vaccine before receiving an FDA-authorized or approved COVID-19 vaccine.

Visit the clinical considerations webpage for more information.

Edited by broberts

Holland America shows the following:

Guests will be considered fully vaccinated who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, or any combination of two doses of an authorized or approved vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise.  Eligible vaccines are ones that have been approved/authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or have emergency use listing by World Health Organization (WHO).

VACCINE DOSE
Pfizer (Comirnaty / BioNTech) 2
Moderna (Spikevax) 2
Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) 1
AstraZeneca (Covishield / Vaxzevria) 2
Sinopharm 2
Sinovac (CoronaVac) 2

MIXED DOSES:  Pfizer (1 Dose) + Moderna (1 Dose)   Comirnaty / BioNTech

MIXED DOSES:  Pfizer (1Dose) OR Moderna (1 Dose) + 1 Dose AstraZeneca   Comirnaty / BioNTech / Covishield / Vaxzevria  

Novavax clinical trial participants who can confirm that they receive the full 2-dose series of the active COVID-19 vaccine 

Exceptions to the above may apply to itineraries that sail to ports where certain vaccine combinations are not accepted.