Senior Crew and Staff Onboard

Zqueeze1

Can folks already sailing please share the names of senior officers and crew such as the Captain, Cruise Director, chief B&M, etc.?  We are getting ready to board the Explorer and are curious to see if we know any of the officers and crew. Thanks in advance for the assist. 
Z and TB

13 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Can folks already sailing please share the names of senior officers and crew such as the Captain, Cruise Director, chief B&M, etc.?  We are getting ready to board the Explorer and are curious to see if we know any of the officers and crew. Thanks in advance for the assist. 
Z and TB

According to the RSSC Social Club on Facebook, the captain is Rosario Giovanni Vasta, Cruise Director Shawn Carter and GM Andreas Piccinin.

2 hours ago, NCCruzQueen said:

According to the RSSC Social Club on Facebook, the captain is Rosario Giovanni Vasta, Cruise Director Shawn Carter and GM Andreas Piccinin.

Man, it's obviously been a while since we sailed - I don't recognize the CD or the GM...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GreaterExpectations said:

Do the senior officers really make a difference?

Are they heard and never seen less now since the pandemic?

You'll probably read from some folks on this board (mainly those with lots of Regent cruises/nights under their "Sea Legs") that the particular senior staff onboard can make a big difference in the "vibe" of the cruise.  I've never noticed it too much myself, but we don't normally have a lot of "interaction" with the officers, either.  Some of the avid/frequent Regent cruisers seek out and interact with the senior staff (who they sometimes regard as "old friends").  I'm not saying that's either "good" or "bad".  They just like seeing familiar faces when they walk onboard and they like be recognized/acknowledged as long standing returning customers and by name.  Regards.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, GreaterExpectations said:

Good leadership ensures the efficient operation of all the departments on board.

In our experience the better officers & senior staff are visible in assisting & encouraging their crew, and each other, which in turn leads to even better service for guests.

They are always available to smooth out any ‘wrinkles’ that may occur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Good leadership ensures the efficient operation of all the departments on board.

In our experience the better officers & senior staff are visible in assisting & encouraging their crew, and each other, which in turn leads to even better service for guests.

They are always available to smooth out any ‘wrinkles’ that may occur.

Absolutely, the quality of senior management has a large impact on the overall quality of service.  Having worked in the leisure travel industry in high school and college I can tell you unequivocally that good management leads to good service and poor management the opposite.

18 hours ago, Zqueeze1 said:

Thanks for the info.  Definitely a whole new crew for us.  I hope to run into some of our favorite servers and bartenders.  I need a Regent pool bar stool ASAP. 

Z and TB

Amen to that.  January can't come soon enough...

10 hours ago, GreaterExpectations said:

Are they heard and never seen less now since the pandemic?

I believe they do.  Especially the CD and the GM.  From my experience, the Captain is less visible and has less of an impact on the passenger-facing aspects of the cruise whereas the GM definitely sets the standard for service across the board.  And of course, the CDs are always in the forefront of guest interaction.  A good CD can really set the tone of a cruise, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

You'll probably read from some folks on this board (mainly those with lots of Regent cruises/nights under their "Sea Legs") that the particular senior staff onboard can make a big difference in the "vibe" of the cruise.  I've never noticed it too much myself, but we don't normally have a lot of "interaction" with the officers, either.  Some of the avid/frequent Regent cruisers seek out and interact with the senior staff (who they sometimes regard as "old friends").  I'm not saying that's either "good" or "bad".  They just like seeing familiar faces when they walk onboard and they like be recognized/acknowledged as long standing returning customers and by name.  Regards.

I almost read this as you thinking the guests are mis-reading the situation and the consideration of friendship is more one-sided. I think legitimate friendships do develop on board between like-minded staff and passengers...by any standard one might set....and I think its a very nice thing for all parties involved.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I almost read this as you thinking the guests are mis-reading the situation and the consideration of friendship is more one-sided. I think legitimate friendships do develop on board between like-minded staff and passengers...by any standard one might set....and I think its a very nice thing for all parties involved.

11 hours ago, pingpong1 said:

"....Some of the avid/frequent Regent cruisers seek out and interact with the senior staff (who they sometimes regard as "old friends").  I'm not saying that's either "good" or "bad"...."

Think what you like... but that is NOT AT ALL what I actually stated OR "what you almost think" I meant...and you are completely mis-characterizing my words and meaning.

It is only natural that frequent long-time Regent cruisers are, over time,  going to get to know and perhaps become friends with some of the junior and senior crew members that they've had previous interaction with, whereas a potentially/actual new Regent cruiser (like "GreaterExpectations" seems to be) would not know or have any past relationship/friendship with folks like a particular GM or CD.

And as my post clearly and unequivocally stated  ".....that's not either good or bad..." 

Conversely, here are some of us who are also long-time "Regent Regulars", that have no particular interest or desire whatsoever to establish or engage in long term friendships or relationships with crew members (no matter what their "rank" is), and nothing negative should be inferred by that, either!. 

".....I almost read this as you thinking...."  Huh??....Give me a break!!  😵

Relax...it wasn't an attack and apologies that you took it as such. I simply believe that legitimate friendships do form and they are a good thing for both parties. We are both entitled to our own opinions and they certainly dont have to agree.

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

Relax...it wasn't an attack and apologies that you took it as such. I simply believe that legitimate friendships do form and they are a good thing for both parties. We are both entitled to our own opinions and they certainly dont have to agree.

Yes, we do both agree that in many circumstances, legitimate friendships can and do form between both parties (crew and passengers).  And I also thought I actually said that in my original comment;  but perhaps not with enough enthusiasm.  Regards

3 hours ago, Ladys Mom said:

Back to the original question.  Does anyone know who is the captain and  the cruise director on the Splendor right now?

The captain is called Diego Michelozzi. 

Cruise director: David

assistant cruise director: Blake

social hostess: Clair

I don’t really know to what extent these people make a difference, but so far it has been a wonderful cruise

Jeez. Let’s not have a cow.  I sure did not want to make this thread into the thrilla in Manila, but I’m willing to take bets.  The bottom line is that (mea culpa) we have made friends with senior staff as well as crew and we’re curious to know in advance if any happen to be onboard.  Sometimes, if we know in advance, we will bring a gift for a server or bartender who happens to be in our cruise.  Same as if on land and going to our favorite restaurant. 
Regardless, we leave in six days and a wake up and can’t wait to hit the pool and eat my weight in seafood. 
Z and TB

8 hours ago, jmalux said:

The captain is called Diego Michelozzi. 

Cruise director: David

assistant cruise director: Blake

social hostess: Clair

I don’t really know to what extent these people make a difference, but so far it has been a wonderful cruise

And the full names are:

Cruise director: David Nevin

assistant cruise director: Blake Richardson

social hostess: Clair Wilson