Big Announcement IS a World Cruise departing from Miami

molly361

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Free hold, no commitment 

Yikes...OK...now I am thinking there will be a lot of "mind changing" with no commitment needed.  

Will be interesting to see if anything is available for booking one of the individual 4 legs by December.  

On 10/30/2021 at 8:23 AM, sandebeach said:

They interviewed Richard Fein yesterday on one of the business news shows. He said that the ages of cruisers who are booked on the World Cruise ranges from 2 to 80. 

That’s a diverse group!  

After 274 days the cruisers are sure to know their neighbors well.  

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Normal to me isn't being on a cruise ship for 9 months unless you work on the ship.

Little harsh huh before you edited? lol

I thought it was the roll call.  If it had been, it would not have been edited. 😉

And of course it's not normal, it's an adventure.

Oh, and by the way, Harmony TA is sailing with passengers in a few hours. 😇

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought it was the roll call.  If it had been, it would not have been edited. 😉

And of course it's not normal, it's an adventure 

Thought it was a mistake since you probably could have said that to about 3/4 of the people on this thread,

BTW, the Roll Call Thread will be the same.

No problem, carry on. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

And of course it's not normal, it's an adventure.

Oh, and by the way, Harmony TA is sailing with passengers in a few hours. 😇

That's good to know!  Now just need to get packed and meet up with her in less than a month.  😉 

I would love to take a World Cruise... it is not the length of time on the ship or leaving my home empty for that amount of time that is a problem for us... it is the cost or even availability of a travel medical plan for that length of time... if I could even find one it would probably break the bank in terms of cost!!!  

However I keep looking at the various World Cruises and dreaming... now if they would only sell me the winning lotto ticket I could turn my dreams into reality...

I have been on a 60 day cruise and loved every second of it... never bored or unhappy - made many wonderful friends who I still keep in touch with...

I keep telling my Daughter to skip the nursing home just stick me on a cruise ship and the up side is she won't have to visit me on Sundays as she won't knwo where I am!!!!!  Plus it will be cheaper!!!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Biker is bored this morning so he'll bite - you think RCG is lying about Serenade being 70% sold out?

Yes I do actually.  We did the NCL Pearl eastbound T/A in 2019. It was promoted by a UK agency with a significant TV following at that time and well known person in the cruise world as presenter. This was the deal of the show and the presenter was like we have a lot interest on this one get dialling our team are here till 10pm or whatever look at that price 13 nights 1349 or whatever it was he was saying. We booked it that night and we where practically the only brits onboard. We met one other english duo from Canada. I think another english couple booked on because of damage to the Oasis but we didn't see at the CC Meetup.

This is a massive undertaking and a massive sum of money people won't just jump on it especially with 8 or 10k or however many k none refundable. They are testing the waters with this. It will fill not but not in 10 days.

4 hours ago, BCHappyGal said:

I would love to take a World Cruise... it is not the length of time on the ship or leaving my home empty for that amount of time that is a problem for us... it is the cost or even availability of a travel medical plan for that length of time... if I could even find one it would probably break the bank in terms of cost!!!  

However I keep looking at the various World Cruises and dreaming... now if they would only sell me the winning lotto ticket I could turn my dreams into reality...

I have been on a 60 day cruise and loved every second of it... never bored or unhappy - made many wonderful friends who I still keep in touch with...

I keep telling my Daughter to skip the nursing home just stick me on a cruise ship and the up side is she won't have to visit me on Sundays as she won't knwo where I am!!!!!  Plus it will be cheaper!!!

Couldn't you sublet the home? Or airbnb the home?

I'd say that RCL took the "Ultimate" moniker from Viking, since they used that for their '19/20 WC (which never got to finish nor make it to several of the ports). Not all world cruises are packaged as a series of segments, so some 'purists' that have done these might not technically consider this a true world cruise but rather a B2B2B2B, etc. It'll be interesting to see how it appeals to the usual RCI clientele. I suspect most RCL cruises are targeted to a younger demographic typically interested in shorter trips. Other cruise lines that have already been doing these likely have a more established demographic that is interested in trips of this nature. If they are filling up the cabins already, then apparently the gamble paid off. Normally the longer the cruise, the lower the average daily OBS, as over a 40 week cruise, your average RCI pax could easily accrue a bill well in excess of $100K. If they do experience lower OBS, they may have challenges in meeting their financial objectives, as fuel costs on World Cruises are normally significant.

Edited by OnTheJourney